Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ivory

Muddy Mud House

ivory.. mudster..

cove light is nice.. n it create a nice ambience... but come to think of the lizards.. when changing the bulbs turn me off!:unsure:!

but really like the idea of cove lights..

ur haulage fee like very ex... do they charge by kg?? :unsure:

:dunno: ....I too hate lizards. But will ask K anyway...scr*w the lizards..

Mr K actually bargained the haulage fee for us. The H*B appointed contractor quoted $1200 first. It seems the sand price has risen and thus a rise in haulage(cement) fees. Does that make sense? I actually called H*B. H*B mentioned that haulage fee is fixed at $238.50...but the price of sand/cement can vary and that depends on our contractor or the supplier of the cement(which in this case Mr K says is the h*B appointed contractor who is also doing the haulage). Hopefully, they both don 'pakat'.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
:unsure: ....I too hate lizards. But will ask K anyway...scr*w the lizards..

Mr K actually bargained the haulage fee for us. The H*B appointed contractor quoted $1200 first. It seems the sand price has risen and thus a rise in haulage(cement) fees. Does that make sense? I actually called H*B. H*B mentioned that haulage fee is fixed at $238.50...but the price of sand/cement can vary and that depends on our contractor or the supplier of the cement(which in this case Mr K says is the h*B appointed contractor who is also doing the haulage). Hopefully, they both don 'pakat'.

mudster..

probably u want to check with HDB on the appointed contractor... or get ur fren to call them up.. check up on the price.. :dunno:

mudster..

probably u want to check with HDB on the appointed contractor... or get ur fren to call them up.. check up on the price.. :unsure:

Ahhblur...actually nothing to check. H*B will repeat the same thing. The actual thing is, we trust Mr K. That's the reason why we chose him. But anyways will clarify with Mr K tom. He is quite frank :dunno:

Hey everybody! Wow quite a bit of conversation going on here huh? Nice to have you ppl around!

Yup apparently he hasnt had gd exp with clients ard the area. He was telling us abt hw unreasonable they were. My sympathies with dear K. Some times clients can be overly demanding and unreasonable too.

Good news - Wiring and ceiling work's done! Today K met the haulage people and paid em so tonight the haulage ppl wld have uploaded all the materials e.g. sand, etc. In other words, tiling work begins tomoro!:unsure:! K said it'll take abt a week to complete :unsure:

Hey Relacker, thanks for popping by. We did try to check for problems ard the place and we didnt try very hard and yet we came up with tt long list. Not to worry too much, as long as you are comfortable, u need not report every single problem. Sometimes, instead of improving things, they might worsen it!

Anyway, when we collected our keys, we were told to submit the list within 7 days or at least b4 the reno starts. So do it soon cos HDB usually takes at least a month to complete rectification work. All the best!

Hi ivory,

today went down with electrician and we saw the ceilling got a fine crack in livin room and also i find the pipes in toilet leaking.

We will submit up the form this week. But afraid it will delay our reno. can we go ahead with the kitchen 1st since the problem is with living room? or have to wait til HDB is repair??? :dunno:

anyway we design our own kitchen cabinet.

Hi ivory,

today went down with electrician and we saw the ceilling got a fine crack in livin room and also i find the pipes in toilet leaking.

We will submit up the form this week. But afraid it will delay our reno. can we go ahead with the kitchen 1st since the problem is with living room? or have to wait til HDB is repair??? :unsure:

anyway we design our own kitchen cabinet.

I would suggest tt u let HDB do the rectification 1st. I guess it's an accepted norm to hand over ur home to HDB for the 1st month after u've collected ur keys. :dunno: It would be better that way, take it step by step. Once they're done, then your contractor can come into play. You won't want unnecessary conflicts. I hope tt helps :unsure:

Ahhblur...actually nothing to check. H*B will repeat the same thing. The actual thing is, we trust Mr K. That's the reason why we chose him. But anyways will clarify with Mr K tom. He is quite frank :dunno:

mudster..

good that way!:unsure:

Hey people! Need your help here, which do u think is better? A or B?

(A)

mbrbrownsd9.th.jpg

(B)

mbrreddu9.th.jpg

Edited by ivory

Think it depends on what you want the bedroom to feel like: earth colours are casual and comfortable; red is fiery and makes a strong statement.

ivory..

think for bedroom i will proposed soft color.. A

Viewing from the 3d drawing ur MBR looks big...

I chose "A".. softer feel to the whole room and matches the wardrobe and wall.. more streamline.."B" too contrasting and and the colour is too loud..just my opnion.. the most important is that both of u feels comfortable with it..

Hey people, thanks for all your comments. Actually our ID, K proposed colour scheme A but we thought that the whole house is brown theme, and so shld go for another colour so we thought of red.

How ley, seems like everyone voted for A. !! I like it too, but dont u think it's so boring seeing brown brown brown all over e house? Actually only the furniture and carpentry is brown for the house. The living and dining room colours are whitish. Study room is green and guest room is silverish.

Hmmm maybe brown wall huh? :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by ivory

Hey people, thanks for all your comments. Actually our ID, K proposed colour scheme A but we thought that the whole house is brown theme, and so shld go for another colour so we thought of red.

How ley, seems like everyone voted for A. :( I like it too, but dont u think it's so boring seeing brown brown brown all over e house? Actually only the furniture and carpentry is brown for the house. The living and dining room colours are whitish. Study room is green and guest room is silverish.

Hmmm maybe brown wall huh? :P

actually i like B more. A is more safe though...shouldnt go wrong...

If you think u are afraid that too much brown is too boring, you still have the color of your bedsheet to play with...you can dun choose brown mah...:)

But anyway both are nice...

ivory..

think of which both of u are more comfortable with... plus u are going to stay there long.. :P