Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ivory

Muddy Mud House

Hi all,

Long time never hear from me right. So here I am to contribute. If not Ivory will be fed up with me and then she will start having this long face and spoil my weekend.

So anywayz, on a more serious note, H*B has been a real pain in my a*se. The rectification work has been Reaaallllllyyyyyy sllllllooooooowww. And they have been giving me really amateurish work. To top it all, they have been using my gas and water supply without my knowledge. They(I do not know whether its H*B or the the appointed contractors) actually have the key to the utilities room. They forced open my main water tap and switched on the power supply too.

Luckily my animal instincts alerted me and I confronted the TO. After that he was so apologetic about this. This TO Uncle looks like a gullible old man and starts playing tricks behind my back. S*B! I was really at loss for words that H*B could do such a thing.

Anyways, I need input from u guys on the following:

1) The window handles were scratched and oxidised. H*B repainted them. But quality of work is poor and surfaces are still rough. Remember this H*B people are 'very professional', wonder what they will do if I want them to change the handle.

2) There was a chipped window. The chip was only visible right at the bottom near the gasket. I do not see the chip now...but the glass doesnt seem new either. It has some markings to indicate that it was either the same window or interchanged within my house.

3) The toilet lourve windows were rusty at the ends. Told them to change. Now it seems they just cut off the ends. The ends are now jagged. The TO said they actually bought new ones, but the ends were too long that they had to cut off the ends to fit the window frame.

4)One of the pipes were leaking. They seem to had cut and fix it with some glue-like stuff. But this pipe is the inlet pipe. I am not comfortable they had used the glue at our inlet pipe since the water we drink will be coming from here.

Ivory is worried that if we asked them to change or redo the works, this H*B ppl are just going to delay our renovation works. Can I call my reno ID to start work parallely while this S*B H*B ppl do their work?

Your valuable input is appreciated! Thanks a million!

Regards,

A Pissed Mudster

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi all,

Long time never hear from me right. So here I am to contribute. If not Ivory will be fed up with me and then she will start having this long face and spoil my weekend.

So anywayz, on a more serious note, H*B has been a real pain in my a*se. The rectification work has been Reaaallllllyyyyyy sllllllooooooowww. And they have been giving me really amateurish work. To top it all, they have been using my gas and water supply without my knowledge. They(I do not know whether its H*B or the the appointed contractors) actually have the key to the utilities room. They forced open my main water tap and switched on the power supply too.

Luckily my animal instincts alerted me and I confronted the TO. After that he was so apologetic about this. This TO Uncle looks like a gullible old man and starts playing tricks behind my back. S*B! I was really at loss for words that H*B could do such a thing.

Anyways, I need input from u guys on the following:

1) The window handles were scratched and oxidised. H*B repainted them. But quality of work is poor and surfaces are still rough. Remember this H*B people are 'very professional', wonder what they will do if I want them to change the handle.

2) There was a chipped window. The chip was only visible right at the bottom near the gasket. I do not see the chip now...but the glass doesnt seem new either. It has some markings to indicate that it was either the same window or interchanged within my house.

3) The toilet lourve windows were rusty at the ends. Told them to change. Now it seems they just cut off the ends. The ends are now jagged. The TO said they actually bought new ones, but the ends were too long that they had to cut off the ends to fit the window frame.

4)One of the pipes were leaking. They seem to had cut and fix it with some glue-like stuff. But this pipe is the inlet pipe. I am not comfortable they had used the glue at our inlet pipe since the water we drink will be coming from here.

Ivory is worried that if we asked them to change or redo the works, this H*B ppl are just going to delay our renovation works. Can I call my reno ID to start work parallely while this S*B H*B ppl do their work?

Your valuable input is appreciated! Thanks a million!

Regards,

A Pissed Mudster

sad to say... their "professional" is a lie...

its a real headache right? why cant they juz do it nicely once and for all...

they juz wun change anything for u in your house. (maybe unless we make a REAL big Fuss over it)

if not, they will juz amend and amend...

pissed off by them also.

hello..

not sure if i am too late here... but anyway my aircon is done by All Bxxx... PIL's place is also done by them.. so no problem of going back to them.. I got a system 4 instead... cos i and hubby are scare of warm... and humid days...

acutally hubby on for only a few hours only... i am the extreme one lor.. no choice... anyway the eletrical bills will be paid by me...

Congrats on getting your flat...

that time i also faced problems in closing the window at the full height window... already quote to the contractor and HDB guys that this is a defect in my list... insist that they change... but they mention that it's not their work... quite pissed off... with the stupid attitude of them...

but went up for quite a few times... and finally not sure how, they got it repaired or probably they change the window... from another one within my unit one...

anyway my reno had started... for my floor tiles... told them it's uneven.. so i want them to change the tile.s... they said will check and get back to me... only to find 12 pics... only... was so pissed off.....

after they had complete the defects.. will get you to sign some forms... and fill up a survey....

Maybe Mudster darling, we ought to pay our first visit to the MP. And write a letter of complain to HDB. Yes we should visit the MP. This shouldnt be the way a professional government body shld be working!:sport-smiley-004:!:D! :furious:

I don't care, I'm going to see the MP! H*B watch out!!!!

:deal: its common, they are so "professional" they only work if u are very fierce type... i tried the soft method never work until i got so fed up with them...

they are just full of excuses...

Maybe Mudster darling, we ought to pay our first visit to the MP. And write a letter of complain to HDB. Yes we should visit the MP. This shouldnt be the way a professional government body shld be working!!!!!!! :P

I don't care, I'm going to see the MP! H*B watch out!:P!

i am going to find MP if the last method wun works.

Will seeing the MP works??

so sian of 'running' around to juz get a simple things done.

hello..

not sure if i am too late here... but anyway my aircon is done by All Bxxx... PIL's place is also done by them.. so no problem of going back to them.. I got a system 4 instead... cos i and hubby are scare of warm... and humid days...

acutally hubby on for only a few hours only... i am the extreme one lor.. no choice... anyway the eletrical bills will be paid by me...

Congrats on getting your flat...

that time i also faced problems in closing the window at the full height window... already quote to the contractor and HDB guys that this is a defect in my list... insist that they change... but they mention that it's not their work... quite pissed off... with the stupid attitude of them...

but went up for quite a few times... and finally not sure how, they got it repaired or probably they change the window... from another one within my unit one...

anyway my reno had started... for my floor tiles... told them it's uneven.. so i want them to change the tile.s... they said will check and get back to me... only to find 12 pics... only... was so pissed off.....

after they had complete the defects.. will get you to sign some forms... and fill up a survey....

they complete?? i dun care if they complete or not complete.

if i find anything not done properly for the house, then i wun sign any form and do wat survey...

angry!

I wonder why my H*B officer has started to call and update me of the progress of the house. Hmm, hopefully its a sign that he is taking interest in the house and not trying to 'keng' that he is good TO, now that the defect works seem to be ending. I am not gonna sign the form nor the survey if the work done is not up to expectations.

i am going to find MP if the last method wun works.

Will seeing the MP works??

Hey dear, seeing an MP will have an effect. It is a matter of taking trouble to see the MP and getting him/her to write a letter to H*B. Even if the MP decides to write one, how soon the letter will reach H*B and how fast H*B would react to the letter would be another question. This idea may not be feasible if you want to move in early. Nonetheless, this method can be used if all else fails.

cheers,

mudster

Good morning everybody

Mudster and I went down to our place yesterday cos HDB officer claimed that all rectifications were done. He is not wrong, all rectifications are done but as always the quality of workmanship is questionable. E.g. two of the oxidised taps replaced are leaking, oxidised window handles have been repainted but painting is not very smooth, etc, etc ---- ask Mudster and he will give you a longer list :idea:

As Mudster and I surveyed the rectifications, not surprisingly we had the same thought up in our heads --- Give H*B another task and it'll be a shoddy job anyway. So we have decided that we will not press the lousy contractors that H*B has hired to damage our home further 8| My ID offered to do any rectification work if things didnt go our way and I am expecting that there would be no extra cost! 8|

So on a brighter note, we'll be starting reno work soon! Mudster darling congratulations! :P

Oh wow, just noticed the count down calendar to wedding! Feeling the jitters, already!:yamseng::lol:

Edited by ivory

hi ivory,

glad that things turn out well. hopefully your reno can run smoothly... not forgetting your wedding preps too!

:(

Good morning everybody

Mudster and I went down to our place yesterday cos HDB officer claimed that all rectifications were done. He is not wrong, all rectifications are done but as always the quality of workmanship is questionable. E.g. two of the oxidised taps replaced are leaking, oxidised window handles have been repainted but painting is not very smooth, etc, etc ---- ask Mudster and he will give you a longer list :help:

As Mudster and I surveyed the rectifications, not surprisingly we had the same thought up in our heads --- Give H*B another task and it'll be a shoddy job anyway. So we have decided that we will not press the lousy contractors that H*B has hired to damage our home further 8| My ID offered to do any rectification work if things didnt go our way and I am expecting that there would be no extra cost! :notti:

So on a brighter note, we'll be starting reno work soon! Mudster darling congratulations! :P

Oh wow, just noticed the count down calendar to wedding! Feeling the jitters, already!:P:unsure:

Congrat to ur wedding & Reno. :P

Hi Ivory...Relax... relax... everything will be fine... don't worry so much... then U can be a sweet sweet bride..

Thank you for all the good wishes! Seems like it's going to be one roller coaster ride balancing work, reno and wedding prep! I'll persevere!;):yamseng:

Hi all :bow:

Met up with ID today to show him H*B's workmanship and things we're still not comfortable with. Dearest K obliged and he'll be changing/rectifying it for us! :P

He also showed us improved drawings...and mind you, on his own initiative. Mudster and I actually accepted his previous drawings but he went ahead to see how he cld do a better job! 8| Same with the kitchen, we thought it was pretty good, but he wants to work on it some more. We welcome initiative! Thank you K! :)

Oh yes, we'll be selecting tiles and tidying up details on Tuesday evening. K will probably get things rolling in the last week of March.

Edited by ivory

Hi all !!

Met up with ID today to show him H*B's workmanship and things we're still not comfortable with. Dearest K obliged and he'll be changing/rectifying it for us! :notti:

He also showed us improved drawings...and mind you, on his own initiative. Mudster and I actually accepted his previous drawings but he went ahead to see how he cld do a better job! :bangwall: Same with the kitchen, we thought it was pretty good, but he wants to work on it some more. We welcome initiative! Thank you K! :bangwall:

Oh yes, we'll be selecting tiles and tidying up details on Tuesday evening. K will probably get things rolling in the last week of March.

k indeed a very gd ID... :)

juz felt so glad that we found him... althought HDB work makes us so unhappy, at least k let us have a rest that he will do a good job for ur renovation...