Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ivory

Muddy Mud House

Hi Ivory, what most important is what you & mudster like because you all are the ones living there! :dancingqueen:

I thought Hong Tar is at Jurong, or is it Hong Tai or Kong Tar? I blur liao, all like the same! Do you have the phone no? I am looking at Mitsubitshi inverter or non-inverter, but I still haven't got a reply from HDB whether I can put two compressor or not. Haiz, sooo efficient. :D:good:

Thanks everybody! Mudtser and I settled for colour combi A! Your feedback was most invaluable!

Hey storeberry, I think there are a number of outlets that Hongtar has. If you are interested in a quote, you could try calling 6789 2312 - this is the number for e tampines outlet.

Booooo to H*B, until now they havent sourced for decent looking handles for my windows yet! You are right about their 'efficiency'! :D

Hi Ivory....R the white stripes juz patterns or K gg to have lights shine down from there? Cos i saw the one he did for my BIL & i tink dats pretty nice...I prefer the 2nd one but i wont choose red lar :bow: I myself prefer masculine colours so it depends on u. Look at the pattern 1st then the colours...I get bored very easily so i wont choose red, green etc such colours...ur hubby prefer which one?

Hey Cheesecake, what u see there is mere design painting. Let's hope it turns out well! Chose A, eventually - the original colour that K suggested! Mudster and I too ya ya so we asked K to give as a drawing with red! So K was right!:D! :bangwall:

Sometimes it's not to earn the money.. but to safeguard ourself...

True true, cos if we dont give em a deposit they wont start work. So when they ask for 50% deposit, we bargained for 30%. I know got to give, but I rather play safe and give lesser!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi Ivory,

just my opinions as i am quite a practical person so my decision may not bring aesthetic satisfaction if that's what u r going for.

From ur ID design, putting the makeup behind the door seemed ok in the drawing but did u see ur actaul space in the MBR behind the door? I measured only 70cm.

It seemed too small to put the make up table behind the door even though it is only for standing make up.

Also ur ID put the wardrobe on the wallspace between ur toilet and the make up table. have u considered the depth of ur wardrobe? i feel maybe the depth of 50cm is too small to put anything useful.(no forget the thickness of the wooden of acrylic panel will take up 5cm)

I will recommend that the wardrobe and the make up table switch position . The space behind the door can be better use for wardrobe. Also i recomment the door be changed to swing in the other direction so that it will not impede anyone stand behind the door.

These are the internal measurements I have taken for ur reference.

mbrlayoutft4.jpg

Just my 2 cents worth from the research i made :notti:

mbrlayoutft4pe8.th.jpg

Hi Relacker,

nice to meet a neighbour. Our layout is slightly different from yours. We do not have the portion highlighted in red. That portion is actually within our toilet. So the depth for our wardrobe is 70cm and not 50cm which we feel is reasonable to store standard items in the wardrobe.

Thanks for the suggestions mate. Good luck with your reno!

Regards,

Mudster

hi ivory and mudster,

great that they put they uneven part of the wall in the toilet for ur unit :P as it has given me headache cos as u can see it shrink the wardrobe depth to 50cm nia :notti:

Nevertheless me and my FW still considering to put Built in wardrobe on the whole wall, but gotta live with the different depth bo bian cos no other place liaoz unless like Bulai En who do a WIW.(yes we refer to Bulain En thread for reference too :P )

We are also considering to do a feature wall to cover up the air con ledge window and air con window unit opening and attached a LCD TV on the feature wall. Just an idea we toying with now.

All the best for ur reno. :P

Hi Ivory,

Hows your reno going on? My reno started last week and everything was going fine..but some small issue..but it all concern money..Found out my Heater was spoil and need to be replace... :Dzz more $$ spend..

Hope everything was going fine for you..Looking forward to more update from you... :sport-smiley-018::bangwall:

Hi hi people, sorry that I havent been updating the blog. Have been really busy lately.

Anyways, latest updates -

1) Painting is done! Colours look soothing and of good taste!

2) Lights have been installed too. Let there be light!

3) 1st round of chemical wash done!

4) Air-con units are up too!

Today, stuff from Teka and Poh Joo was delivered --- looking good :)

What's happening next week -

1) Monday - Tuesday: Bedroom laminates

2) Thursday: Carpentary arrives

3) Friday - Saturday: Carpentary installation

It's been pretty good so far. K has been accomodating and always there to answer queries and solve problems. Thank you K :)

Mudster has taken some photos, let me see if I can get him to upload them tonight! :drunk:

Howdy ppl,

long time no hear from mi? So here I m. Promise photos at the end. :D

Anyway, some updates first!

1)The renovation so far has been quite smooth. Only problem seems to be the tiles. The 1st round of chemical washing has not brought out the quality of the tiles. There seem to be 'buffing' marks in many tiles. Initially K did mention to us there will be buffing marks on some tiles and that it is a manufacturing defect. But the no. of tiles with such problems is exceptionally more in our case. K has promised to help us look into this.

2)Nice colors, except for the grey in one of the rooms. Seems a little depressing color. K will help include some varying colors to brighten the mood in the room.

3)Lightings have been fixed. Simple and nice lights.

4)Aircon has been fixed. But we have not tested it yet. Worried of the dust in the room. Will do the testing once the laminate flooring is done.

[MBR Toilet Shower Screen]

I wanted to have rain shower in this toilet. Unfortunately, the 'sh*t' pipe is in the way. :jawdrop: Thus the rain shower cannot be put at an optimum height for it to give 'the rain' effect on the body. But it did save alot of money though! :sport-smiley-004:

redhillflat20070419004dr6.th.jpg

[MBR Glass Toilet Door]

Cool door...

redhillflat20070419010dw8.th.jpg

[MBR Wall Painting]

Slight variation from the 3D we posted earlier...decide for urslf if its as good or better than the drawing...

redhillflat20070419011je3.th.jpg

[bedroom 1 Wall Painting]

How do you guys find the color?

redhillflat20070419012kp1.th.jpg

[MBR Wall Painting]

Slight variation from the 3D we posted earlier...decide for urslf if its as good or better than the drawing...

redhillflat20070419011je3.th.jpg

I like this... very nice...

Hi ppl,

photos continue...

[Kitchen Lights]

Our 'biscuit tin' kitchen lights...Our toilet lights are the same but smaller in size...

redhillflat20070419019wq6.th.jpg

[Dining Lights]

Hanging lights at our dining area...

redhillflat20070419022pb5.th.jpg

Sorry i dunno why i cannot post the cool toilet glass door. Hope u guys can click the link and find the photo there...

cheers,

mudster

Nicely done... More earth tone for the MBR.. Clam and relaxing choice of colours.. Is it completed? My take maybe another 2 strip across but in lighter tone...but so long as both of you are happy.. :sport-smiley-004:

Muster..where did u get your kitchen and dining lights? Very nice...

Nicely done... More earth tone for the MBR.. Clam and relaxing choice of colours.. Is it completed? My take maybe another 2 strip across but in lighter tone...but so long as both of you are happy.. :D

Thanks Ben3555. We purchased the lights from Ch*ls*a Lightings...

Wao Mud and Ivory..nice progress..your MBR wall veri nice..and the lights also nice..

I just went to Ch*ls*a lightings with K last sat also bought some lights..Cheap and nice right.. :lol::yamseng:

When is your reno finishing?

Nicely done... More earth tone for the MBR.. Clam and relaxing choice of colours.. Is it completed? My take maybe another 2 strip across but in lighter tone...but so long as both of you are happy.. :lol:

Thanks Ben. 8| The wall colour for MBR goes very well with the floor laminate as well. Floor laminate is Supreme's Oriental Teak. I know what you mean about it being complete - the middle portion seems to lack something right? Let's see, K will probably be open to the idea. We'll admire the wall a little more and see if we need another strip or two!

Nice colour blend and design for ur MBR, I like thme very much. Looking fwd to more pics :-)

Thanks Relacker! The colour scheme is indeed simple and nice. K calls this 'design painting'. Not much design there but it is indeed different.

More pictures will come sooooooon, maybe Friday ok? Cos that is when the carpentary works will be installed. !!

Wao Mud and Ivory..nice progress..your MBR wall veri nice..and the lights also nice..

I just went to Ch*ls*a lightings with K last sat also bought some lights..Cheap and nice right.. :rolleyes::P

Yup Ch*ls*a is cheap but I was hoping for a greater variety actually but luckily we managed to find somethings that suited the concept and preference. Plus, with K around we automatically get more discount then the stated price ---- and Mudster bargained for a further $10 discount! :notti: What to do, he has skin as thick as a rhino's!

Handover is scheduled for 5th May 2007 (Saturday). :notti:

Edited by ivory