Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Anyone has opinions on these items?

- Black and Decker 10-in-1 Steam Mop

- iRobot Roomba 650

- Granite sinks?

:dancingqueen:

Im in a shopping mood!

Main issue with granite sinks are with heavy usage there will be algae and grime that will build up over time and starts to get very obvious compared to a normal stainless steel sink. So practical reason unwise. If its design over practical usage then nothing to say already :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Main issue with granite sinks are with heavy usage there will be algae and grime that will build up over time and starts to get very obvious compared to a normal stainless steel sink. So practical reason unwise. If its design over practical usage then nothing to say already :)

with what you says I think I should just go for the stainless steel liao. no choice just have to deal with the water mark.

Anyone has opinions on these items?

- Black and Decker 10-in-1 Steam Mop

- iRobot Roomba 650

- Granite sinks?

:dancingqueen:

Im in a shopping mood!

I had my heart set on a Blanco granite sink for no other reason than it looks v chio and I like the idea of granite coz it sounds sturdy steady bombardi

But after reading doubleEM's comment on the algae issue I think need to reevaluate le... *ok totally not being helpful*

with what you says I think I should just go for the stainless steel liao. no choice just have to deal with the water mark.

For me algae can be cleaned, and moreoever most of our hdb design, the kitchen wont be directly facing the sun, thus algae forming wont be serious issue, but to me, stainless steel will tarnish after a while.

Stainless applicance is different because you dont soak it in water. However stainless steel sink comes in contact with water and washing agent almost everyday, and after a while, its looks bad.

And one more issue, those hard metal pan and ceramic plate will easily cause a dent on those stainless steel sink, sometime when we simply drop our used plates or utensil into the sink.

Edited by Ahyong81

HAHAHA BABE I leave your tblog alone for a day and it's absolutely flooded!! TB news really gets people v excited man.

AND YOUR KITCHEN IS BEEEAUTIIFULLLL. I honestly super like it! White with gold handles!!! That is a stroke of brilliance man, when I saw your photos my heart started beating faster and that is an *undeniable* proof of true attraction. Now I want your kitchen can HAHA.

I'm so excited!! Okay going to read the rest of the new posts now I saw my name and couldn't wait to reply hahahahah your kitchen is going to be g.o.r.g.e.o.u.s. yay!

MY KITCHEN 有救了 !!!!

I found clean lines one with the marble countertop (which I am still super happy with!!) that my contractor can most likely do. Just need to spray paint handles from IKEA gold. But it's okay, RUST-O-LEUM to the rescue!!!!!

I am finally feeling less dejected about my kitchen now.

brass-kitchen-faucet.png

Screen+shot+2013-10-01+at+3.59.31+PM.png

(Source)

OMG Still fits into my theme right? I miss PeachyDurians already hahahaha. Someone please get me!

And I already got my golden tap so fits right in. YAY YAY YAY!!

lansa-handle__81928_PE207208_S4.JPG

gottlosa-knob__0185875_PE337938_S4.JPG

my contractor say will stain over time no matter what. No matter what brand. If buy white la...

He says like curry etc will stain, which I believe.

Stainless steel to me most low maintenance, my parents had theirs (cheapo one) for like 20+ years and it still looks okay.

I need to find an affordable, good undermount one. Taobao is not loading properly for me to hoot now!!!:no:

HAHAHA BABE I leave your tblog alone for a day and it's absolutely flooded!! TB news really gets people v excited man.

AND YOUR KITCHEN IS BEEEAUTIIFULLLL. I honestly super like it! White with gold handles!!! That is a stroke of brilliance man, when I saw your photos my heart started beating faster and that is an *undeniable* proof of true attraction. Now I want your kitchen can HAHA.

I'm so excited!! Okay going to read the rest of the new posts now I saw my name and couldn't wait to reply hahahahah your kitchen is going to be g.o.r.g.e.o.u.s. yay!

Hahahaha BETTER RIGHT?!

Then I don't have to go with the agonizing IKEA kitchen.

Now I can push all to my contractor and still fits my theme!!!

Thanks for the vote of confidence

:drunk:

Mine is super soft kind. A bit like Silestone's Lagoon, but with more veins.

Like Carrara Marble? But of course I can't upkeep marble. I have gone to see real marble slabs though, but the worker did tell me really cannot use as kitchen countertop la!!

I know Dekton, but this one IMO need quite big piece then nice, as my kitchen is so teeny... Haha!

This pattern quite hard to find with other Quartz also... So think you might have to bite the bullet if you're really into it! I was lucky to find mine in acrylic at only $90/ft all in. :sport-smiley-018:

I haven't seen Dekton's twins in any other places I've gone, though!

omg those pictures you posted is a dream kitchen! i love how bright, airy and clean it looks. i cannot wait to see your updates for the kitchen :P

would you please be able to share your acrylic surface marble contact? i am looking to do something similar for my toilets vanity top though i am not too sure if the material is appropriate for the toilets..

thank you so much! :)

Verryyy classy, very original, and me muchly like. Spray properly okay!

The hubs is just laughing at us. He clearly doesn't get it.

:drunk:

Yes he clearly doesn't. Haha!

I'm so excited to see your new place!!!

And today I'll be speaking to my contractor.

Hope the kitchen comes to life!

omg those pictures you posted is a dream kitchen! i love how bright, airy and clean it looks. i cannot wait to see your updates for the kitchen :P

would you please be able to share your acrylic surface marble contact? i am looking to do something similar for my toilets vanity top though i am not too sure if the material is appropriate for the toilets..

thank you so much! :)

Shouldn't be too bad for toilets IMO. :) a lot of toilets do use acrylic solid tops...

I got mine from Evershine Singapore... The color is Natural Cirrus. :)

Hope that helps.

Renovations will all be delayed due to carpentry...

wait for drawings for kitchen from Edmund

Then Thursday the carpenter and city gas peeps will be here to install the heater and gas piping

Then proceed to fabricate carpentry

Glass panels and painting will be pushed back to accommodate carpentry.

Going to buy bathroom sinks and kitchen sink from Hong Liang tomorrow, cannot wait alre :(

Renovations will all be delayed due to carpentry...

wait for drawings for kitchen from Edmund

Then Thursday the carpenter and city gas peeps will be here to install the heater and gas piping

Then proceed to fabricate carpentry

Glass panels and painting will be pushed back to accommodate carpentry.

Going to buy bathroom sinks and kitchen sink from Hong Liang tomorrow, cannot wait alre :(

Don't feel so stress, things will all fall into the right place.

Jia you jia you!!!

For me algae can be cleaned, and moreoever most of our hdb design, the kitchen wont be directly facing the sun, thus algae forming wont be serious issue, but to me, stainless steel will tarnish after a while.

Stainless applicance is different because you dont soak it in water. However stainless steel sink comes in contact with water and washing agent almost everyday, and after a while, its looks bad.

And one more issue, those hard metal pan and ceramic plate will easily cause a dent on those stainless steel sink, sometime when we simply drop our used plates or utensil into the sink.

Granite will stain over time, algae growth can be manage but with more effort to scrub clean compare to smooth stainless steel.

It is rather the slimey gooey things that is more of concern for granite, afterall granite is still "porous" compare to stainless steel.

Not sure if granite can withstand the accidental drop of a heavy pot though.

Don't feel so stress, things will all fall into the right place.

Jia you jia you!!!

Haha thank you!

Just want it to all be over. Haha!

Between my business and this house, I am already in over my head.

Hopefully it'll all be sorted out in good time. :)

All the best for your home too! :sport-smiley-003: