Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ZzzMonster

Second Home First Reno

There are still some items that we've not bought. One of the is a chair for the study. When I flip the papers today, saw this shop selling a chair that is reasonably priced, so went down to have a look. That shop have a good range of chairs and in the end bought a chair different from the one that is advertised.

This is the chair I bought. Good enuf for me as I'll only use it when I use the desktop to edit photos...

image.jpg1_12.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

After buying this chair, I chance upon one furniture shop, the furnitures there is nice. But I've already bought all my furnitures. I'm instead attracted to one of their floor standing lamps. They also have a nice table lamp.

I like this lamp, but it's out of my budget

image.jpg1_13.jpg

This lamp is nice, I've seen a standing one before but not a table one

image.jpg2_7.jpg

I'm still looking for standing lamps. Anyone has recommendation of where to find nice lamps, pls let me know so that I can check it out. Thanks in advance.

Edited by ZzzMonster

Went to check out the progress of the reno after work. Almost completed, left some small areas and touch up...

First update is yard cabinet, pic from earlier post, carpenter cut a hole to accommodate the tap without knowing that the tap is not supposed to be there...

image.jpg2_20.jpg

The tap has since been removed, this area is now patched up. This is the best the carpenter can do, can't be help, don't expect them to change the whole cabinet because of this...

image.jpg1_52.jpg

Today is the start of the work on the stucco wall for the master bedroom. ID took pics for us this morning when the work is in progress

image.jpg1_51.jpg

image.jpg2_36.jpg

When I went there after work, the framework is there...

image.jpg4_11.jpg

The electrician also fixed the rest of the lights and fan. But I find that the hanging light is a little low, will have to discuss with ID on this

image.jpg3_16.jpg

Hi, can I check where did you get this chair? Thanks :)

There are still some items that we've not bought. One of the is a chair for the study. When I flip the papers today, saw this shop selling a chair that is reasonably priced, so went down to have a look. That shop have a good range of chairs and in the end bought a chair different from the one that is advertised.

This is the chair I bought. Good enuf for me as I'll only use it when I use the desktop to edit photos...image.jpg1_12.jpg

Following up from the previous post of the stucco wall, more work is done today. My ID calls the workers that do the stucco wall artists. I must say they did a good job. They are like creating an art piece...

So today, they came and paint it grey...

Don't know what paint is this... Must be some special paint

image.jpg3_18.jpg

The artists preparing the wall for the paint

image.jpg4_13.jpg

Here's the final product

image.jpg6_3.jpg

image.jpg5_5.jpg

The outcome is nice... We wanted it grey, is this grey enough? Must ask wifey to take a look to see if she likes it. Anyway, ID says if we wanted it to be more grey, the artists can come back again to do it.

Edited by ZzzMonster

Nice bro the effect comes out well. Looks and feel like raw wood from the pic. All is coming together nicely.

In the midst of updating mine Tblog now too :)

your stucco wall effect is very nice! IMO, this shade is enough! if it goes darker, it will be too similar to your headboard.

There is a colour contrast now very nice! :good::good:

Thanks for assuring :thumbs up: I also afraid it may become too dark if I ask them to darken it :sport-smiley-018:

Edited by ZzzMonster

Your stucco wall is beautiful! I love the rustic look of it with a tinge of rawness and the colour is just right! May I please ask how much would a feature wall like that roughly cost and the name of the paint colour used? Thank you :)

Your stucco wall is beautiful! I love the rustic look of it with a tinge of rawness and the colour is just right! May I please ask how much would a feature wall like that roughly cost and the name of the paint colour used? Thank you :)

Thanks pipsqueak! Looks like the decision to do the stucco wall is a right one.

I've PMed u the info.

Hi Zzzmonster, nice place you've got! Great transformation!

I'm looking at getting an ID for my new place too. Can you PM me the details of your ID please? Thanks!

Thanks bubblebath! I've PMed u ID's contact.