Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ahyong81

4Rm Resale Hdb Flat - A Bachelor Man Cave (Theme - Minimalist)

Mine is put on hold for the flooring area because to minimize scratches from ceiling works as told by my id. Since i am doing false ceiling for the entire house, therefore they paused the flooring works and resume after ceiling works are completed.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi

I realised that the floor tiling was paused before installing the false ceiling. If that's the case, through the renovation experience you went thru, can you advise if the following sequence be better?

1. Hacking

2. Aircon, electrical, piping, trunking, false ceiling, ceiling works?

3. Wet works? Cement screed, Flooring etc

4. Carpentry, including kitchen

5. Painting?

Did i miss out anything?

Will edit when i am at my laptop. Now outside. :)

Renovation Journal (Daily) - Day 36

Kitchen carpentry is up with doors :)

20151013_175325_zps4gihjpgm.jpg

20151013_175312_zps3fxt5crt.jpg

Tata.. My Kitchen Sink is in :)

20151013_175346_zps0e0spwk3.jpg

My ID ask his carpenter to add in this sliding for the gas LPG tank so that can put in and take out easily without pulling the LPG gas tank from the cabinet :)

20151013_175718_zpsjnbk3id5.jpg

20151013_175702_zps0zhioltd.jpg

Edited by Ahyong81

Hi

I realised that the floor tiling was paused before installing the false ceiling. If that's the case, through the renovation experience you went thru, can you advise if the following sequence be better?

1. Hacking

2. Aircon, electrical, piping, trunking, false ceiling, ceiling works?

3. Wet works? Cement screed, Flooring etc

4. Carpentry, including kitchen

5. Painting?

Did i miss out anything?

If im not wrong. The procedure would be

1. Hacking

2. Wet works

3. Aircon trunking, electrical wiring and piping

4. Ceiling works

5. Painting

6. Flooring

7. Carpentry and touching up.

Flooring in this case would refer to overlaying of vinyl. If u were laying tiles, it would be considered as part of your wet works. Cement screeding included.

At least this is how my works were done.

Edited by hc28

If im not wrong. The procedure would be

1. Hacking

2. Wet works

3. Aircon trunking, electrical wiring and piping

4. Ceiling works

5. Painting

6. Flooring

7. Carpentry and touching up.

Flooring in this case would refer to overlaying of vinyl. If u were laying tiles, it would be considered as part of your wet works. Cement screeding included.

At least this is how my works were done.

Yes, this is the best ideal procedure, for my flooring its totally laying of new tiles means remove previously existing totally. Nothing in the house is overlay. However the tiles i choose is pure white that why its easily to be scratch with all those hard ladder or in case there is nail below the ladder, sure scratch the flooring, thus my ID tiler recommend to lay the tiles after ceiling works :) By right it should be done during the wet works .

My ID ask his carpenter to add in this sliding for the gas LPG tank so that can put in and take out easily without pulling the LPG gas tank from the cabinet :)

LPG tanks are quite heavy when filled. Will the carpentry be able to take the weight of the tank?

My worry is that the wood will bend under the weight of the tank and affect the sliding tracks.

Yap ,My ID he is a very experienced man, he told me he did for his clients house, so far no issue :) The bracket is solid as it hold the entire wood thus it does not rest on the bottom piece of wood. He say if after years of usage, just need to replace the top wood :)

I forgot what wood he use haha.. Will asked him later.. But when I feel it just now at the house, its solid... Not like those wood used by ikea.

Anyway, I will put a floor mat cut to the size of the wood slightly smaller, to prevent damage to the top wood as well :) The LPG gas tank is metal and the bottom part will have rust i think, so as not to have any stain on the wood.

Edited by Ahyong81

One of my friend told me if I choose red and black glossy laminate, It will have this wave effect.. I do not feel it leh... :)

lol. the wave effect will occur when the laminates have not been properly installed or the wood panels are not straight.

when light shines onto these laminates, as they are bended, the light reflects in a wavy manner. thats the wave effect if i am not wrong.

gloss laminates make it easier to see fingerprints, oil stains and light reflection but easy to clean.

matt laminate if kena oil, will be more difficult to clean off.

So far I dont feel it leh. haha I think the workmanship is good.

I must give credit to my ID, Mr L, so far every day I go to the house to take picture without fail. And everytime I spot something wrong, I just whatapps him and tell him about the error, the next moment he call his workers and they rectify the problem. Nice.. he sure sian got me as his customer.. haha

Where got house owner every day go to the house to see the renovation progress de.. But for me, I find it easy to rectify mistake immediately then wait until mostly done then go and check for mistakes. By then, it will be harder to rectify and even if can rectify, it would be as seamless as I want it to be. :)

Your kitchen cabinet red colour really pop, so cool.