Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ahyong81

4Rm Resale Hdb Flat - A Bachelor Man Cave (Theme - Minimalist)

Your kitchen cabinet red colour really pop, so cool.

wait till the red glass backsplash is in haha :)

lagi more pop . hahahahaha

Edited by Ahyong81

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

wah!!! looks good!!! moving on fast..how many more days to go?

initially wanted to have red n black.. but find it too "loud" but after looking at yours! it's very nice!

btw what makes u choose this combination for kitchen?=)

saw u use blum.. do u need to top up for the blum hinges?

Per set is 50. Total 8 set.

I choose red and black because i want a loud kitchen haha, more feel when i am cooking and baking.

Just kidding, actually wanted white with red, but white not too good for heavy cooking, especially asian cooking styles.

And i personally think black with red really make the kitchen stand out. If not it is so dull.

Bahhhh now you're making me think of upgrading to Blum! Hahaha. But cannot spend anymore money liao :P

I think its quite worth it ;) looks and feel really solid :)

Haha yeah saw the IKEA ones. But well, the EC ones also feel ok and they're not Blum... So I guess since its not my forever home I'm just gonna leave it. Lol.

Mine also 8 drawers :rofl: $400...

Bahhhh now you're making me think of upgrading to Blum! Hahaha. But cannot spend anymore money liao :P

Use Blum lah, really solid leh. Blum Blum Blum :P

Totally agree with you, same here.

Blum is really solid. I have friends place using blum. We tested the large drawers based on blum's videos. Put super heavy pots and pans and open close open close.

Its really solid. Some tracks when we put heavy things and you open, the drawer won't be able to open smoothly. The tracks already can't operate properly under the weight.

I have also seen the hydraulic legs that prop open those dishwashing racks. Normals one can spoil anytime from six months to a year. But blum ones are really very solid. They use different kind of legs. Hahaha.

I really like blum tracks. But sadly, I will not be able to get them now.

Guest yoonmunkit@yahoo.com

Progress looks good. Looking forward to see more updates!

Yes bright red ;) waiting for the sample by my id haha.

Thanks @Ahyong81 and @hc28 for the sequence of reno.

I was thinking of outsourcing carpentry part of the reno and not using the ID's or Contractor's contacts to save costs. But I am not sure if the ID or contractor will help advice when the carpentry need to be in or i will need to tell them when it should be done.. :dunno:

Thanks @Ahyong81 and @hc28 for the sequence of reno.

I was thinking of outsourcing carpentry part of the reno and not using the ID's or Contractor's contacts to save costs. But I am not sure if the ID or contractor will help advice when the carpentry need to be in or i will need to tell them when it should be done.. :dunno:

most contractors are open to you using your own contacts for individual works. based on what i understand, carpentry is one of the area where a contractor makes the least in terms of %. bros please feel free to correct me if i am wrong as this is what i heard.

however, if you were to go with your own carpenter, do note that it is best for measurements to be taken only after ceiling works and flooring have been completed to get an accurate measurement and fabrication of carpentry will take at minimum 2 weeks, sometimes 3. What you need to do is to arrange with your contractor on when your carpenter should come down to take measurements and you must let your contractor know when carpentry will be delivered. Both you and your contractor need to work hand in hand to ensure a smooth renovation if you were to source for your own contacts.

during the lead time, remaining works such as painting and electrical works (installation of switches and lights) and installation of your sanitary fittings can continue. Its best that painting works can be completed before carpentry arrives. I am not sure why, but usually contractors will do one round of cleaning up before the carpentry is installed. maybe its to reduce the mess and need for subsequent touch up.