Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ahyong81

4Rm Resale Hdb Flat - A Bachelor Man Cave (Theme - Minimalist)

Exited for both of you, u 2 reno journey really coming to the end and now can soon stay at beautiful home soon.

The whole process from Buying a house and looking for a ID/contractor and also renovating has really shorten my lifespan.... SUPER STRESSFUL and TIRING>>>

Edited by Ahyong81

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

But every renovation sure got its problem... My problem is my living room tiles.. Not sure why after the Acid wash, the entire living room white tiles got a **** lots of watermark.. and its soak into the tiles.... I check the internet, its mineral deposits... Will be meeting the boss of both company to discuss on this matter ( tiles and my ID/contractor).

See the picture below, the big patches of water mark very obvious during day time..... Its the entire living room floor tiles..

20151024_145832_zpsl0oour4x.jpg

You hurry go buy your things la... Then fast and furious liao... :P

soon soon, will go and make payment soon.

The whole process from Buying a house and looking for a ID/contractor and also renovating has really shorten my lifespan.... SUPER STRESSFUL and TIRING>>>

I get you man, I get you!! but it is all worth it. Now is my time,

after this you can chill at home liao.

Hope your tiles issue got resolve soon ya.

make sure still stay here at the forum for a while ya. myself and others can get a lot of advice from you man.

you are a PRO

Edited by nextstep

But every renovation sure got its problem... My problem is my living room tiles.. Not sure why after the Acid wash, the entire living room white tiles got a **** lots of watermark.. and its soak into the tiles.... I check the internet, its mineral deposits... Will be meeting the boss of both company to discuss on this matter ( tiles and my ID/contractor).

See the picture below, the big patches of water mark very obvious during day time..... Its the entire living room floor tiles..

20151024_145832_zpsl0oour4x.jpg

I have heard that vinegar mixed with water removes tough water stains but i'm not sure if it actually works on tiles.

I will have to try it this weekend when i start cleaning my flat after the contractor hands over. hopefully it will be able to remove the water stains on your tiles.

but of cos, try to let your contractor do it :bleah:

whahaha. i think the cleaning and moving part will also be very very tiring. i think when you start your first round of cleaning, will find alot more areas you will want to speak to your contractor about. unless you have already been very detailed.

but after move in, can slowly relax in your own space and regen your lifespan. :)

whahaha. i think the cleaning and moving part will also be very very tiring. i think when you start your first round of cleaning, will find alot more areas you will want to speak to your contractor about. unless you have already been very detailed.

but after move in, can slowly relax in your own space and regen your lifespan. :)

Have been very detailed. Lol, every day i sure go the house without fail and any defect or mstakes, i straight tell my id/contractor and he will rectify for me. So that when officially handover, it will be good.

I have heard that vinegar mixed with water removes tough water stains but i'm not sure if it actually works on tiles.

I will have to try it this weekend when i start cleaning my flat after the contractor hands over. hopefully it will be able to remove the water stains on your tiles.

but of cos, try to let your contractor do it :bleah:

Yap tml both of them coming to see what can be done. My id/contractor is the boss of his company. And the tiles company , the director is my id/contractor friend and thus he is also coming personnally to see. ;) Edited by Ahyong81

Yap tml both of them coming to see what can be done. My id/contractor is the boss of his company. And the tiles company , the director is my id/contractor friend and thus he is also coming personnally to see. ;)

whahaha. like that then swee swee already.

Renovation Journal (Daily) - Day 45

Quartz counter top is up for kitchen (snow white) and quartz counter top for master bathroom vanity (Black star) is up also (half way done)

20151027_130730_zpseagtnkfy.jpg

20151027_130753_zpszew8k6rw.jpg

20151027_130742_zpsqzyesrxl.jpg

20151027_135424_zpsviiek4bi.jpg

20151027_135434_zpsrn9p7mol.jpg

Edited by Ahyong81

Hi Ahyong81,

Can i check how you power up your led strip cove light? Where is the powerpoint?

Did you get your electrician to do it for you or DIY? can share the process if possible? Sorry for so many questions.... TIA!

Living room with the cove ambient light

20151026_215000_zpsxyvyi5wo.jpg

Cove ambient light (without camera auto light correction)

20151026_215943_zpsgkmul4qg.jpg

With Camera Light enhancement

20151026_215920_zpshpaexncm.jpg

I diy the led lighting strip. At one of the top corner i asked the electrician to run one lighting point cable (live/neutral/earth). I then connect to a transformer to convert 220-230v ac to 12v dc. The transformer has two dc output. One i use it to power the philip hue controller and another one to power the rgb amplifier. Cause the philip hue controller can only power 2m of led strip. The rgb amplifier can power an additional 30m of led strip.

How did your tile situation go?

My id his people will try to rectify. He got a contact from the tile company director and the contact she say its common in the commercial industry and her company has the solution liquid for it. Power. It can be removed.

Edited by Ahyong81

My id his people will try to rectify. He got a contact from the tile company director and the contact she say its common in the commercial industry and her company has the solution liquid for it. Power. It can be removed.

Remove alre then will seal it? Never to happen again? Hahahaha! Congrats

Renovation Journal (Daily) - Day 46

Glass works ( most of the glass door are installed, except the walk in wardrobe due to missing a half inch wood piece inside the partition block)

20151028_204231_zpsimk3fzc9.jpg

Living room view with master bedroom door opened :)

20151028_204747_zpsksgozcfh.jpg

Living room view with master bedroom door closed :)

20151028_204057_zpsnxnyasje.jpg

Common / Study Room view from the inside

20151028_204013_zpsp2mcd6lh.jpg

Glass door leading to the master suite

20151028_203954_zpsiayqdymh.jpg

Master suite walk-way

20151028_204940_zps63jtuh9h.jpg

Master suite view (door close)

20151028_201656_zpserk8ouks.jpg

Kitchen glass door view (open)

20151028_201620_zpsumlalziq.jpg

Kitchen glass door view (closed)