Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ahyong81

4Rm Resale Hdb Flat - A Bachelor Man Cave (Theme - Minimalist)

Renovation Journal (Daily) - Day 42

1st Acid wash for the entire house - finally after like so long... finally the house is clean now for the moment :) Thanks to my cousin for taking these pictures. Am down with a fever and vomiting (stomach flu).......

Btw the wooden main door and gate is not changed yet. It will be the 2nd last items to be changed. Last renovation item for the house will be the curtains and bind :)

I am still going towards my theme of Minimalist / futuristic / modern feel :) At least for now its still looks like it haha

20151022_184839_zpsw2yppdnm.jpg

20151022_185428_zpsvmhan0xe.jpg

20151022_185115_zpsyehakwzy.jpg

20151022_184948_zpspbfvjnqy.jpg

20151022_184926_zpstbkmcqv9.jpg

20151022_184858_zpsfptkal7t.jpg

20151022_184848_zpsyfmht4vc.jpg

Edited by Ahyong81

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Just got news that the Philips Hue Led lightstip is having a new version called the Lightstrip Plus

This is so much better as it allows user to add additional 1m led track to it up to 10m in total length. And compared to its version 1, the maximum brightness was 120 lumens. The new Lightstrip is 1600 lumens (OMG that is like a projector power) and it has a separate white LED to get the pure white lighting effect. It also has built in sound sensor. :)

Currently it was launched in the US in 8 OCT 2015, waiting for it to be launch in Singapore and Asia.

Sharing this to those people who might be thinking to have cove lighting just as what I have did in my house for the ambient covelight.

For the time being, since I have already DIY my own LED light strip and its bright enough for ambient lighting. I am not in a hurry to get that product, but once it arrived in ASIA or Singapore, I will most prob change to this cause ultimately it will be able to give me a true color range because the LED that Philip lightstrip, it has a additional white led built in.

The RGB 5050 i got only has RGB, and it cannot produce a white color light effectively.

Edited by Ahyong81

A good sharing tips if its not too much of a hassle.

For me, I took photo of the entire renovation project starting from day 1, I make an effort to go to the house every day, before work and after work, and took photos of the works done for that day. Below is the example of what i meant.

This is before box up and conceal the trunking, luckily I got take photo because I need to install bind for this room and the curtain guys need to know where they can drill and install the bind, if not they might damage the piping and electrical wiring inside the aircon trunking.

20150923_153118_zpsj1ng0pkc.jpg

This is after the box up of the same location, My ID did not know that I will be putting a bind for the glass panel, and thus he did not place wood inside the ceiling works, with these photos i took, he can easily find an opening and insert the wood inside without guessing where is the previous aircon trucking position was.

20150930_164912_zpsgvfergxi.jpg

I got all the photo starting from Day 1 until now, if next time any defect or issue with the electrical or water piping issue, I can easily refer back to my photos and rectify from there.

I did this all alone as I am single, if you are married, it should be easier for husband and wife to help each other in this matter. Actually doing a renovation is a good tools for couple to know to understand and appreciate each other, there will sure be a lot of bickering and argument but end of the day, the end products will be worth it. :)

Edited by Ahyong81

Since I am unwell, might as well use the time to create some before and after concept of the renovation project :) This before and after is without furnishing and half way complete :) Will do another before and after once renovation is complete and fully furnish.

Living Room (before and after)

living-to-dining-area_zpsssyeh4sr.jpg

Kitchen (before and after)

kitchen_zpsohpso8ws.jpg

Common bedroom convert to master bedroom (before and after)

bedroom_zpsrxpmzbil.jpg

Common bedroom convert to study room (before and after)

study_zps1xlf5pej.jpg

Master bedroom convert to walk in wardrobe and vanity suite (before and after)

vanity_zpsp55ttnhi.jpg

Formally a wall at the beam down, hack to create more space for a proper dining area (before and after)

dining_zpsg4tginp7.jpg

Master bathroom (before and after)

bathroom_zpsohiyzowo.jpg

Edited by Ahyong81

Since I am unwell, might as well use the time to create some before and after concept of the renovation project :) This before and after is without furnishing and half way complete :) Will do another before and after once renovation is complete and fully furnish.

Living Room (before and after)

living-to-dining-area_zpsssyeh4sr.jpg

Kitchen (before and after)

kitchen_zpsohpso8ws.jpg

Common bedroom convert to master bedroom (before and after)

bedroom_zpsrxpmzbil.jpg

Common bedroom convert to study room (before and after)

study_zps1xlf5pej.jpg

Master bedroom convert to walk in wardrobe and vanity suite (before and after)

vanity_zpsp55ttnhi.jpg

Formally a wall at the beam down, hack to create more space for a proper dining area (before and after)

dining_zpsg4tginp7.jpg

Master bathroom (before and after)

bathroom_zpsohiyzowo.jpg

Very impressive change and your place had so nicely transform even just half way.

btw Bro not well do take more rest and drink 涼茶, the air quality are bad so do take care and get well soon

Very impressive change and your place had so nicely transform even just half way.

btw Bro not well do take more rest and drink 涼茶, the air quality are bad so do take care and get well soon

Thanks bro, yap resting.. but sad, my colleague do not think that way.. a lot of time even when I am sick, I still report to work, this is my 3rd mc for this year, but people will still say things.. hai.. hard to earn a living....

Thanks bro, yap resting.. but sad, my colleague do not think that way.. a lot of time even when I am sick, I still report to work, this is my 3rd mc for this year, but people will still say things.. hai.. hard to earn a living....

What to do,haiz!!! Ppl always like to talk because lots of ppl always never see their own problem one mah. so just 左耳進右耳出, take a chill pill can liao.

Renovation Journal (Daily) - Day 43

Installation of Eubiq track at kitchen and study room. Installation of aircon fancoil and compressor :) Was surprise to get a good news. The Aircon which I previously ordered for the system 3 is 9000 btu for study room, 12000 btu for master bedroom and 18000 btu for living room. However, the aircon guys from all best came and told me that they dont have stock for the 18000 btu fancoil and thus they did a free upgrade for me to the 24000 btu fancoil for my living room. What a nice surprise :)

Eubiq track at one side of the kitchen carpentry.

20151024_121035_zpsmd5dh9to.jpg

Eubiq track on the other side

20151024_120936_zpszgzoorax.jpg

Eubiq track at the Study room.

20151024_122104_zpseyi99fwu.jpg

The entire Eubiq accessories that came with the package.

20151024_121707_zpsxd3ojzrc.jpg

LIving room Aircon (LG Artcool 24000 BTU fancoil)

20151024_185740_zpsqu3oljcn.jpg

Study / Common room Aircon ( LG Artcool 9000 BTU fancoil)

20151024_185727_zpsghckth0r.jpg

Master bedroom aircon (LG Artcool 12000 BTU fancoil )

20151024_185707_zps8inq44yr.jpg

Edited by Ahyong81

Anyone got any good recommendation company in Singapore for installing the insect window net thingy... :)

those magnetic type that can just click onto the metal railing of the window frame :)

Edited by Ahyong81

• Like 1

Wah u really spared no expense!!

You should really be super proud of yourself. :)

First time in my life spending so much money in one short period of time, excluding buying car and bike. But since its going to be a place of my own, really want it to be as cosy as possible. Took very long to save up the money, but to spend it... super fast....

First time in my life spending so much money in one short period of time, excluding buying car and bike. But since its going to be a place of my own, really want it to be as cosy as possible. Took very long to save up the money, but to spend it... super fast....

Wah your rank pay like different from my hubby leh 😂😂

Still got car! But you should be really proud. I am super proud of you!! You really created everything and paid for it by yourself. Sure cherish every single detail. :)

Wah your rank pay like different from my hubby leh

Still got car! But you should be really proud. I am super proud of you!! You really created everything and paid for it by yourself. Sure cherish every single detail. :)

save a lot (single mah, no gf, no commitment).. after work I go back home, never go out, no life de. When I not working, i go for my volunteer work. oh for the past two years also studying.. so when not working, also studying.. where got time to spend money... cannot even go overseas.... hai.. sad and tough life... somemore must rent....

Car last time cheap, the car coe last time only 8k leh.. haha

I am 33, I only started my current job at 28 years old, before that I got other work.

Edited by Ahyong81

save a lot (single mah, no gf, no commitment).. after work I go back home, never go out, no life de. When I not working, i go for my volunteer work. oh for the past two years also studying.. so when not working, also studying.. where got time to spend money... cannot even go overseas.... hai.. sad and tough life... somemore must rent....

Car last time cheap, my car coe last time only 8k leh.. haha

I am 33, I only started my current job at 28 years old, before that I got other work.

I think with your age and manage to achieve so much, you should be very proud of yourself.

I am sure is all 先苦後甜.

All best is also so good to give you full upgrade, btw bro I am getting Eubiq as well do you deal with their shop directly or you have lobang as well?