Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Lazyfatcat007

3 Room Resale For The Witch And Her Cat

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I'm at 14, highest at 16... been airconless for my whole life... should stick to something temperate..

TBH, the 13k very cold at my living room alre. Super fast cooling also. Haha!

KSToh - which aircon are you using ? I am a sucker for aesthetic and that's why bought ME rather than Daikin

I am using a combination of 2 Daikins (old) and the rest Mitsubishi Electric (new). The following are my views, as stated in my blog:

Daikin - Always reliable. But relatively expensive and seems like design is not as modern.

Carrier - Reliable but now I do not know..

Toshiba - Originally not so bad but now the construction so plasticky (my cover hinge broke and I had to sue masking tape to secure it) and the remote not impressive

Panasonic - Design impressive but performance fail. Noisy.

Mitsubishi Electric - Design and performance good. I am currently using them.

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries - I have no experience but sounds like more "industrial" to me.

ME and MHI are both part of the Mitsubishi group, but this group is a very loose entity. Members of the group do sell similar products and in the case of air-con, ME and MHI actually compete against one another! In Singapore, ME is represented by Mitsubishi Electric Asia Pte Ltd while MHI is represented by the Wo Kee Hong group. If your MItsubishi Heavy Industries air-con breaks down, don't go running to Mitsubishi Electric Singapore, their competitor!

Thanks everyone for the aircon advice. Contacted someone from renotalk pages for aircon quotes. Surprisingly, Daikin was more ex than ME. Shall let them do a recce before I decide.

On a separate note, hacking permit was approved by HDB in 5 days! Very efficient! Hopefully reno can start next week... Using this period to lock in online purchases like lamps, plates, hangers and stuff. Anyone tried buying furniture from fortytwo.sg? Thought of getting my sofa from there since I couldn't find any to my liking in shops. Looking for modern/chesterfield hybrids. Their return policy looks decent..

Thanks everyone for the aircon advice. Contacted someone from renotalk pages for aircon quotes. Surprisingly, Daikin was more ex than ME. Shall let them do a recce before I decide.

On a separate note, hacking permit was approved by HDB in 5 days! Very efficient! Hopefully reno can start next week... Using this period to lock in online purchases like lamps, plates, hangers and stuff. Anyone tried buying furniture from fortytwo.sg? Thought of getting my sofa from there since I couldn't find any to my liking in shops. Looking for modern/chesterfield hybrids. Their return policy looks decent..

I was told if you plan to buy furniture from Fortytwo and want to take a look and feel of the furniture you can go to Comfort Design, as their item are very similar but FortyTwo price are cheaper.

Hope this helps

I got a dining table and bed frame from them and quality is decent. My neighbor bought everything from them and loved it.

For my case the bed frame is beyond the $$ paid. Gorgeous and well made. The dining table is alright but finishing of Ikea is better for my model.

My neighbor's sofa is pretty comfy!

Thanks everyone for the aircon advice. Contacted someone from renotalk pages for aircon quotes. Surprisingly, Daikin was more ex than ME. Shall let them do a recce before I decide. ..

Daikin has always been more expensive, as far as I recall.

Today is D day!! Hacking works starts!

1sntpg.jpg

Hacking off the wall of one room for a bigger living area.

9amo08.jpg

Getting rid of the old kitchen wall tiles.

2ut57bl.jpg

Toilet / kitchen wall... ID says it's a slipshod wall.. too much sand with hollow bricks! Then I asked if it's necessary to rebuild the wall, luckily he will try to patch it up as best as he can... sigh

Can share the cost ? We are thinking to reduce to only 2 units of 9k and 18k from the before of 9x9x18.

Also uncle told me the ME new model of 4 ticks will be out in January 2016

Edited by Luxexplorer