Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On Sunday, May 01, 2016 at 1:38 AM, Changbp said:

The washer pedestal in action.

26753886075_228a7bc4bd_b.jpg

Tested with a few different loads and spin speeds, it walked like 10cm after 2 washers. I'm going to add 4 more legs with vibration dampers to it. Hopefully that will work.

if it is eventually stable enough I'm gonna install a roller/track for sliding the baskets out/in.

That's a great washer pedestal! I've been looking around but they are not tall enough to store things below.

Hope it will be more stable after u add more legs to it.

On 2 May 2016 at 10:40 PM, bykaraanne said:

Peifu all your DIY work! :) 

Thanks, btw, Were you using Rustoleum specialty gold spray for your drawer pulls right? Did you notice the paint dull/darkening over time?

For my ottoman hack, I notice the areas that weren't touched were ok, but for those areas that were touched by hands/or legs rather the finish darkened over time.

so I tried to clear coat it, but the gold finish dulled. (It did state on the can that clear coat is not recommended). At least it's even, but no longer the finish that i wanted. I will need to spray it again though I can't minimise legs touching it. wonder if silverware polish will help?

6 minutes ago, Changbp said:

Thanks, btw, Were you using Rustoleum specialty gold spray for your drawer pulls right? Did you notice the paint dull/darkening over time?

For my ottoman hack, I notice the areas that weren't touched were ok, but for those areas that were touched by hands/or legs rather the finish darkened over time.

so I tried to clear coat it, but the gold finish dulled. (It did state on the can that clear coat is not recommended). At least it's even, but no longer the finish that i wanted. I will need to spray it again though I can't minimise legs touching it. wonder if silverware polish will help?

Hmm I switched all to the Rustoleum Universa spray. It's primer and all in one. My kitchen handles and wardrobe handles are all sprayed with this. Even my main door handles. They don't darken but if touched A LOT they do come off over time. So far only bits of my door handles came off (not noticeable) and bits of where I stand when I wash dishes. I just spray the paint on a sponge and dab to touch up the places. 

The cheaper ranges do darken over time and are not generally waterproof. The universal range is the most lasting. 

Hth.

On 3 May 2016 at 11:24 PM, bykaraanne said:

Hmm I switched all to the Rustoleum Universa spray. It's primer and all in one. My kitchen handles and wardrobe handles are all sprayed with this. Even my main door handles. They don't darken but if touched A LOT they do come off over time. So far only bits of my door handles came off (not noticeable) and bits of where I stand when I wash dishes. I just spray the paint on a sponge and dab to touch up the places. 

The cheaper ranges do darken over time and are not generally waterproof. The universal range is the most lasting. 

Hth.

Does the universal gold look the same as specialty gold?

10 hours ago, Changbp said:

Does the universal gold look the same as specialty gold?

Looks like that.

pACE3-20118325enh-z8.jpg

But note that it's less "yellow" and vibrant than the cheaper golds. But for longevity I prefer this. Also my hubby thinks this gold more "classy" less 土豪金

21 hours ago, bykaraanne said:

Looks like that.

pACE3-20118325enh-z8.jpg

But note that it's less "yellow" and vibrant than the cheaper golds. But for longevity I prefer this. Also my hubby thinks this gold more "classy" less 土豪金

Ok I think I will skip on this, prefer more yellow. but thanks.

Was clearing my bomb shelter for measurement of its inners (another DIY!.. ) and found that I had a stash of different lights that I bought for comparison but eventually not used. If interested PM me. Prices going at Cost. You can check the link for current product prices. I bought them sometime in Nov-Dec last year. You save on shipping, or PM your offer with your contact.

POK Track Lights

https://world.tmall.com/item/44238220251.htm?id=44238220251

I have 2x 3W(White Light) and 4x 7W(Warm Light) left. Please note they are ALL Black casing.

TB2XA6hlVXXXXaCXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!1692251965

POK Track (Black). Free if you take at least 3 pieces of the track lights.

https://world.tmall.com/item/522212540782.htm?id=522212540782

TB25HUVfpXXXXcRXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!1692251965

This is how actual 2 sizes look like when installed. (Note the track here is 2m, and as you can see here, I bought too many of them, math fail)

26586037780_b7b03c1e3c_b.jpg

TEP LED Strips - Type is 5050 旗舰版-80珠(亮度提升200%)

https://world.tmall.com/item/44015228195.htm?id=44015228195&skuId=3163493920697

I have 3 colors(White, Warm White, Yellow). It is the 5050/80 type. Used to be the best but now have the doublet ones. Anyway for cove and ambient light this brightness is sufficient.

https://world.tmall.com/item/523408484301.htm?id=523408484301&skuId=3116030420143

You will need 1 LED driver.

TB2nv8FbFXXXXcTXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!892294013.

Loft Bird Cage Light.

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=36904931064&toSite=main

I have the Chrome one. (It comes with bulb, but as with stuff from taobao, it may not work. 3 bucks off if the bulb does not work, I've not tested it)

T2_1dXXEtaXXXXXXXX_!!321706887.jpg

Actual item.

26791440961_72c9540d30_b.jpg

Don't know why I bought this... but its useful for small places.

Its the 6W White version.

https://world.tmall.com/item/35858914324.htm?id=35858914324

26825256756_b708d62cae_b.jpg

LOFT UFO Flying saucer pendant light.

https://world.tmall.com/item/44608308562.htm?id=44608308562

TB2uL34cXXXXXaWXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!2271212439

26858929085_c63e135b16_b.jpg

Double head recess LED spot light.

I only have the Black ones left. I bought both colors to try out but eventually I picked the silver ones. But if your theme is the dark and cave like ambience, you definitely need the black spot lights. Get from me ok?? 

There are 2 versions, 6 W and 10W, the 6W ones are 3 LED each head. while 10W ones are 5 LED each head.

TB2pP7LiFXXXXblXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!684765009.

26765391062_07275f5a86_b.jpg

This is a very pretty wall lamp. Unfortunately it came late, my place is already full of lights, I did not cater space for it.

https://world.tmall.com/item/35820680438.htm?id=35820680438

TB2UUuxgFXXXXaSXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!100727373.

ermmm.... well, this is not a light. But is a HDB supplied new mixer tap that I had it taken out on the first day of reno as I switched to a thermostat mixer. There are some minor water stains and scratches but should be able to polish off. And it looks quite new... well its new, sort of... I've never used it. Don't know how to price this. Any reasonable offers will secure it. 

26765385642_f21494afe7_b.jpg

ps: Low ballers will be ignored. Peeps who made appointment to deal but decided fly kite last minute without informing and disappear without trace will be have his name(or nick) written on a yellow paper, pinned into a human figurine and hammered with a wooden clog and burn with 7 month offerings! Sorry... too many of such people around these days and Thanks for viewing.:D

The bomb shelter rack.

Designed a simple L rack to cater to my needs.

BombShelterRackDesign

If I were to make it from aluminum profiles & laminated plywood it would probably cost around $300. I see there are standard boltless racks out there that looks pretty cheap(at least the flyers pasted at the lift looks cheap). Asking for quotes now to see if they can make it in the dimensions that I need. I wonder how much this configuration will cost?

Edited by Changbp

Oh i just realise ikea has this. I'll just buy 3 of this and combine them to get my L shape.

Pretty Cheap too... looks less industrial than those flyers pasted in the lift. Although load carrying capability reduced to 50kg per shelf which is fine with me. I don't think i can lift > 30kgs anyway.

hejne-section__0276436_PE414895_S4.JPG

Also found this box lying in the store. It is carrera marble hex tiles. Size is about 30x30. I have 10 pieces. I shipped it from US but have no use for it currently.

I'll need to figure out what to DIY with this or sell them... So going to try sell it off first. Just so u know u are getting a good deal, The shipping of these tiles were **** painful. (AirFreight cost 2 times more than the tiles)

26995306266_5dc7de29b3_b.jpg

It was initially meant for a framed area of the bathroom but I eventually opted for ones with surface that has a different look. 

anyone is interested, PM. Going for $100.

-----------------------

update: tiles sold.

Edited by Changbp
Tiles sold

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 0:44 AM, Changbp said:

Oh i just realise ikea has this. I'll just buy 3 of this and combine them to get my L shape.

Pretty Cheap too... looks less industrial than those flyers pasted in the lift. Although load carrying capability reduced to 50kg per shelf which is fine with me. I don't think i can lift > 30kgs anyway.

hejne-section__0276436_PE414895_S4.JPG

Just wondering, because I'm faced with the same situation as well. You mentioned you don't mind the lowered shelf capacity because you can't carry more than 30kg at any one time, but isn't the problem when you put 30kg one day, and then add another 30kg another day which goes beyond the 50kg load limit?

Ikea's IVAR shelves were never meant to be loaded too much so just be careful. I have a wonderful history of overloading Ikea shelves and having them curve, bend and collapse on me before.

3 hours ago, ricepapergirl said:

Just wondering, because I'm faced with the same situation as well. You mentioned you don't mind the lowered shelf capacity because you can't carry more than 30kg at any one time, but isn't the problem when you put 30kg one day, and then add another 30kg another day which goes beyond the 50kg load limit?

Ikea's IVAR shelves were never meant to be loaded too much so just be careful. I have a wonderful history of overloading Ikea shelves and having them curve, bend and collapse on me before.

I will take note of this thanks. Generally if I see a shelf flex I will brace it.

On 18 May 2016 at 2:56 PM, yourliverisBLACK3310 said:

I saw your lights was bought in Tao Bao :( I thought the bulb risk to spoil is quite high?

25 out of 27 light points were from taobao. 

Only 1 had a bulb that was not working. I didn't even know it's suppose to come with one. I bought it for the housing design(see my storeroom light). 

Anyway it's a tungsten filament bulb. I switched out most to LEDs.