Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

By the look of your layout, I'm pretty sure that we're neighbours. haha. I've got the same layout except for the kitchen.

Your house would turn out really awesome based on your mood board:)

I am eyeing the same sofa from Commune too but, I'm still torn between leather and fabric. Decisions. Decisions.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

It's a Commune-al Thing

I don't know if you guys are like this too, but we've been going to the same furniture shops over and over again lusting over the same few things for MONTHS, just waiting to get the go-ahead from HDB and our ID to start shopping. So when M (the ID) said we can start slowly purchasing our furniture, we did what we were told....and went full speed. All that time taken to save all that money! At least it went to the stuff we really, really love.

Commune is one of our favourite shops. It's quite embarrassing la, but we've been to all their stores (even the warehouse at Defu Lane) so many times, the sales reps recognise us. It was also quite the perfect time to be buying the big ticket items, cos year end sales are very good! We got a few pieces at 15-20% off. It also took us some time to get a coffee table that was just right. I'd dreamed about it in my head this whole time, so imagine my excitement when I saw something so similar IRL, at TANGS! No time to waste, we just bought it there and then lol.

MtLDiZ.jpg

This Bruno TV console from Commune is from their latest collection.

Look at that beautiful herringbone. And the gold touches! I love how classic and

yet unique it feels.

drkV4a.jpg

Which would match perfectly with our coffee table (sorry for the grainy quality).

It's by a local brand called Scene Shang, and you can find some of their

stuff at TANGS Home. They recently closed their Millenia Walk shop,

and will have another store elsewhere soon.

TzuyOP.jpg

Got a 3-seater leather couch, also from Commune. I think it's

a pretty popular piece for renotalk folks! Can't wait to

soften it up with colourful cushions.

HD50YW.jpg

Remember my husband's love for afghan rugs?

We found a beautiful piece at Arab St. The red is deeper in real life.

It looks black here, but some parts are actually dark blue.

JkhEGr.jpg

Anndd the dining table is from, you guessed it! It's actually veneer wood,

but with walnut texture. The legs like so sexy hahaha.

eo3pkg.jpg

Lastly, our dining chairs from Hock Siong! We got the yellow and coral one, 3 each.

Love how they glammed up the old-school kopitiam chair

with dip dyes. I figured if we end up hating the colours, can always repaint them.

Next up: A Trip to Paris(silk)

wow! :jawdrop: love the furnitures u picked!!! I havent started shopping for my furniture pieces and i saw your pics the furnitures are so nice!! cant wait to see your house transform! staying tune to see more updates! :good:

my blog http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/72503-the-sky-parlour-an-executive-maisonette-journey/

Edited by twinklecloud

It's a Commune-al Thing

I don't know if you guys are like this too, but we've been going to the same furniture shops over and over again lusting over the same few things for MONTHS, just waiting to get the go-ahead from HDB and our ID to start shopping. So when M (the ID) said we can start slowly purchasing our furniture, we did what we were told....and went full speed. All that time taken to save all that money! At least it went to the stuff we really, really love.

Commune is one of our favourite shops. It's quite embarrassing la, but we've been to all their stores (even the warehouse at Defu Lane) so many times, the sales reps recognise us. It was also quite the perfect time to be buying the big ticket items, cos year end sales are very good! We got a few pieces at 15-20% off. It also took us some time to get a coffee table that was just right. I'd dreamed about it in my head this whole time, so imagine my excitement when I saw something so similar IRL, at TANGS! No time to waste, we just bought it there and then lol.

MtLDiZ.jpg

This Bruno TV console from Commune is from their latest collection.

Look at that beautiful herringbone. And the gold touches! I love how classic and

yet unique it feels.

drkV4a.jpg

Which would match perfectly with our coffee table (sorry for the grainy quality).

It's by a local brand called Scene Shang, and you can find some of their

stuff at TANGS Home. They recently closed their Millenia Walk shop,

and will have another store elsewhere soon.

TzuyOP.jpg

Got a 3-seater leather couch, also from Commune. I think it's

a pretty popular piece for renotalk folks! Can't wait to

soften it up with colourful cushions.

HD50YW.jpg

Remember my husband's love for afghan rugs?

We found a beautiful piece at Arab St. The red is deeper in real life.

It looks black here, but some parts are actually dark blue.

JkhEGr.jpg

Anndd the dining table is from, you guessed it! It's actually veneer wood,

but with walnut texture. The legs like so sexy hahaha.

eo3pkg.jpg

Lastly, our dining chairs from Hock Siong! We got the yellow and coral one, 3 each.

Love how they glammed up the old-school kopitiam chair

with dip dyes. I figured if we end up hating the colours, can always repaint them.

Next up: A Trip to Paris(silk)

Love the coffee table from Scene Shang too, but in the end I go for the one at The Shop House.

And very good choice for the TV console, super nice.

Can you share share with me where u get the Rug? I am still searching for one that can work with my home.

The F&P fridge is gorgeous! Not sure about industrial...but it's got a really nice, masculine vibe with all that silver and black :D

Oh, coincidentally, I have my page opened on the Gain City website with that exact same oven ;)

hello and welcome to the crazy world of renovation!! love your theme. it's unique and if only i weren't so lazy (and probably had a bit more $$!), i'd go with similar tones and furniture. hehehe. looking forward to the start of your renovation and all the updates! :D

Heello from this side! :)

Your boho look is so comfy-cosy! Looking forward to more updates!

Y'know, I have always loved the look of a standalone hob-oven. thought it'll be prefect for your theme and was kinda hoping you'd go for it! Any reason why you picked build-ins instead?

By the look of your layout, I'm pretty sure that we're neighbours. haha. I've got the same layout except for the kitchen.

Your house would turn out really awesome based on your mood board:)

I am eyeing the same sofa from Commune too but, I'm still torn between leather and fabric. Decisions. Decisions.

Hi neighbour!! I'm surprised you recognise this layout, cos it's such a super common bto floorplan haha. Lemme guess, you took the DWK right?

With regards to the sofa, I totally recommend leather. It's a lot more durable compared to fabric. I'm really scared of stains and having to wash the upholstery. With leather just clean it once a week, and it'll season quite nicely. Only issue is that it can get quite warm, and colour might fade if it's under direct sunlight (although this will happen to fabric too). Just make sure you have blinds and aircon as an option.

wow! :jawdrop: love the furnitures u picked!!! I havent started shopping for my furniture pieces and i saw your pics the furnitures are so nice!! cant wait to see your house transform! staying tune to see more updates! :good:

my blog http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/72503-the-sky-parlour-an-executive-maisonette-journey/

Love your moodboard! Excited to see your reno journey!

Thanks guys! Very excited to share our journey with you =D

Love the coffee table from Scene Shang too, but in the end I go for the one at The Shop House.

And very good choice for the TV console, super nice.

Can you share share with me where u get the Rug? I am still searching for one that can work with my home.

Thanks! We got the carpet from Serapi Carpets at 86 Arab Street for $800. If you like the pattern of afghan rugs, IKEA Tampines surprisingly has a collection too. But they were more expensive, and texture was quite rough! The downside at IKEA is that you don't get someone laying out the rugs for you one by one, you kinda have to sieve through yourself. I highly recommend the arab st shop. Just be sure you have a size and budget in mind, and they'll show you as many as they have till you fall in love with one. We spent about an hour plus there, service was very good.

I also love the distressed rugs at Living DNA. The patterns are very beautiful. All the best!

The F&P fridge is gorgeous! Not sure about industrial...but it's got a really nice, masculine vibe with all that silver and black :D

Oh, coincidentally, I have my page opened on the Gain City website with that exact same oven ;)

Funny you mentioned that it looks masculine! Our ID noticed the same thing about our entire look haha. I can't help it that we have a rather butchy/masculine preference LOL.

Go get the oven! We got ours as a package. Apparently it's a pretty decent model.

hello and welcome to the crazy world of renovation!! love your theme. it's unique and if only i weren't so lazy (and probably had a bit more $$!), i'd go with similar tones and furniture. hehehe. looking forward to the start of your renovation and all the updates! :D

Thank you for reading! Can only further cozy it up with accessories, which is the fun part =D All the best with your reno journey too!

Hi there! Just wanted to say it's quite refreshing to see a plan like yours amidst all the newer 'in' designs. We're looking to receive our keys 3Q this year, so starting to look into what we'd like etc - so many choices!

Haven't the foggiest idea what apartment therapy is, but your kitchen moodboard gives me a cottage-y feel, and that's quite nice.

Looking forward to see how this pans out, and good luck!

Funny you mentioned that it looks masculine! Our ID noticed the same thing about our entire look haha. I can't help it that we have a rather butchy/masculine preference LOL.

Go get the oven! We got ours as a package. Apparently it's a pretty decent model.

I think it's gonna be pretty awesome =) We have a dark grey theme going on inside our bathroom as well, even though the outsides are all white (and feminine), So the bathroom is also very butchy. But I love it, and more importantly, it keeps the fiance feeling happy and macho. Haha!

And yes, I think the oven is really decent as well. It seems to be very good value for money. Good buy :good: Do post reviews (and recipes :notti:) when you've started using it.

Edited by owlNbear