Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zirhk3355

All Tanglin Halt Road Neighbours! Report In Here!

hi guys

i used starhub and the coverage is real bad around our 3 blocks and no coverage inside the lifts. i send them a couple of emails and this is theire reply. make no sense leh, i'm a consumer and i've no freedom to use my mobile at home cos they "have no plans to enhance our estate network" ;):good:

> The relevant parties have looked into the coverage status around the

> locations you had specified. We wish to share with you that the

> general street coverage is good, indoors coverage is weak and there

> are blind spots within the units. At this point, there are no plans

> for enhancement.

>

> We seek your understanding that there are many factors that can

> affect coverage in a given area. These include the type and density

> of the building structure, height above ground, distance to the

> nearest station and location within the building relative to the

> windows and outside walls, among others. The coverage in these areas

> may be less than ideal as radio signal penetration can be difficult.

>

> In addition, we seek our customers' understanding that network

> enhancements require time to realize as we continue to work with

> different authorities/building managements to provide better signal

> coverage across the island.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Thank you Cartoon Wayne for having us last night. My wife and I definitely enjoyed the gathering esp the Lou Hei. Hmm.......actually we should have taken a group photo right? ;)

i got my internet up finally. been living w/o internet for the past 3days in my new home. feel so lost. anyway, the technician didn't come up to my hse at all. i just connect my cordless phone and discover that... it has ringtone and can call. so i installed my singnet software and it works. but the letter actually says it'll be activated after 5pm. haha....

i agree with sakae sushi. starhub's coverage is inadequate, i hv to always walk to my door steps to get better reception else i would be saying "huh" most of the time.

Thank you, cartoon wayne for playing host to the lou hei last nite and it's a great experience going to view everyone's hse. should hv taken a group photo. nvm... we still hv chance. maybe birthday parties? but mine is in aug

Edited by armani

Thank you, cartoon wayne for playing host to the lou hei last nite and it's a great experience going to view everyone's hse. should hv taken a group photo. nvm... we still hv chance. maybe birthday parties? but mine is in aug

Yup yup, it was nice meeting up, getting to know one another and visiting each other hse. Great evening! :deal:

Just recently browsed Khriztopher's blog site....hey Khriz, how come got mediacorp filming at your place? you working in the media industry or something? So nice to have Zoe Tay on your sofa...I think now is very clear that Zoe Tay is not jobless anymore.... :sport-smiley-004:

hi guys

i used starhub and the coverage is real bad around our 3 blocks and no coverage inside the lifts. i send them a couple of emails and this is theire reply. make no sense leh, i'm a consumer and i've no freedom to use my mobile at home cos they "have no plans to enhance our estate network" :D:P

> The relevant parties have looked into the coverage status around the

> locations you had specified. We wish to share with you that the

> general street coverage is good, indoors coverage is weak and there

> are blind spots within the units. At this point, there are no plans

> for enhancement.

>

> We seek your understanding that there are many factors that can

> affect coverage in a given area. These include the type and density

> of the building structure, height above ground, distance to the

> nearest station and location within the building relative to the

> windows and outside walls, among others. The coverage in these areas

> may be less than ideal as radio signal penetration can be difficult.

>

> In addition, we seek our customers' understanding that network

> enhancements require time to realize as we continue to work with

> different authorities/building managements to provide better signal

> coverage across the island.

I had the same problem with M1 - gave me the same crap.

But sadly, we all must realised that coverage enhancements go hand-in-hand with business; ie if they come to install more receivers and antennas, it must be for a significant number of subscribers (who would otherwise switch telcos if no good coverage). So if only a few subscribers are affected (or they THINK there are only a few affected), they would lose money to install the equipment.

In short, in order to have them come enhance the coverage, more of us need to register our displeasure to let them know its a major problem, and we WILL switch if we really have to... :)

with number portability up in september they better do something to improve the reception. otherwise will go for singtel liao :sport-smiley-004:

How did you know its sept??

I was following this annoucement by IDA that its going to be 2nd quarter of 2008, but now already passed mid-feb'08 and doesn't seemed like going to happen as scheduled. So confirmed to be sept'08?

http://www.ida.gov.sg/News%20and%20Events/...?getPagetype=20

If true then it will be great news, because I am sure many people are like me unable to switch telcos because we want to retain the old number. The current 'number portability' system is crap, because it only forwards the calls from my old number to a new number; also, you cannot use the old number to send out sms.

Just recently browsed Khriztopher's blog site....hey Khriz, how come got mediacorp filming at your place? you working in the media industry or something? So nice to have Zoe Tay on your sofa...I think now is very clear that Zoe Tay is not jobless anymore.... :P

Nope, I am in the property line.

Mediacorp actually got my blog from this website (see the power of RenoTalk!!) and I was shortlisted for their filming lor.

i got my internet up finally. been living w/o internet for the past 3days in my new home. feel so lost. anyway, the technician didn't come up to my hse at all. i just connect my cordless phone and discover that... it has ringtone and can call. so i installed my singnet software and it works. but the letter actually says it'll be activated after 5pm. haha....

i agree with sakae sushi. starhub's coverage is inadequate, i hv to always walk to my door steps to get better reception else i would be saying "huh" most of the time.

So glad that this gathering had been smooth, thanks to the Cartoon Wayne for playing host and jule for coordinating the food!! So sorry again that I could not make it...missed out all the fun! :P

I must bring to everyone's attention that because of lack of participation, funds collected was less than cost of food, but our kind organisers had forked out money to top up the difference. A round of applause, pls!! :D:P

As for next meetup, well does not have to be someone's birthday or any special occasions; we can just meet up anytime mah, we all are neighbours, remember?! Hmmz, how about organising weekly kopi sessions, where its always ongoing, SAME DATE/TIME, SAME PLACE and everyone who's available can just drop by. This week cannot make it, next week then! No need to plan, take leave or whatever...new neighbours wil always know where to find us!

I suggest it to be either saturday or sunday, from noon time onwards. Any suggestions, ideas, locations, etc pls voice up! :)

:sport-smiley-004:

Edited by zirhk3355

Hi to all, anyone cheap and good caterers to introduce me?

Thanks.

Thanks everyone who came for making it a good evening. Sorry I didn't mingle around with everyone :bleah: hope you all enjoyed the food. Thought it was not too bad, considering the quantity, dish given and price.

evad, I ordered from http://www.meihao99.com.sg

Ya, forgot to take photos!:yamseng:

Mediacorp actually got my blog from this website (see the power of RenoTalk!!) and I was shortlisted for their filming lor.

Saw Mediacorp bus at Blk 89 today, Zoe Tay at your house again today?

Saw Mediacorp bus at Blk 89 today, Zoe Tay at your house again today?

Hehe...yeah, but she left early - has own transport, does not take the bus. The other starlets stayed until about 11+, though...

Really pity the artistes and backend workers, man - Sunday also have to work until so late... :dancingqueen:

Edited by zirhk3355

Hehe...yeah, but she left early - has own transport, does not take the bus. The other starlets stayed until about 11+, though...

Really pity the artistes and backend workers, man - Sunday also have to work until so late... :notti:

2 out of 3 lifts @ Blk 91 (low flr) not working since yesterday. The only lift working stopped almost every alternate 3-4 floors on its way down. Hope the other 2 lifts will be up by this evening when I return hm from work.

Good to hear that you guys had an enjoyable time last Friday nite. A pity that both my wife and I cant make it. But good to know there will be more outings/gatherings soon. Rem to beep here ya.

Btw, when is the next rd of corridor washing? Tot it supposed to start last Fri or Sat?

Have you guys submitted the survey form to HDB? I did and of cos, feedback is plentiful. :P

Hope they will do something to improve our estate based on all the residents' feedback.

Cheers. :sport-smiley-004:

Dear Neighbours, anyone has contacts to reinforce the gate bolt? Appreciate if you can share with their contacts and cost.

Thanks Again.