Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
applefreak

Kitty's Cattery

Hee hee....next you shop for bigger fridge, better get a big cake box see whether can fit inside or not. :dribble:

Useful when u have kids in future, sure almost everything will conveniently get stuffed inside!

talking about those big fridge.....when i saw the GREEN STICKERs all stating over 1000kw - I run for my life.

I still got this phobia after my old lousy LG fridge suck me $40+ (electricity ONLY excluding all other charges) every mth. :D Got to know it when I retired it - PUB bill immediately went down by $40+

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hee hee....next you shop for bigger fridge, better get a big cake box see whether can fit inside or not. :dribble:

Useful when u have kids in future, sure almost everything will conveniently get stuffed inside!

hehehe last time when i stayed alone i had a 400+ litre ariston fridge

filled it with drinks but now the fridge so small all my drinks cannot put inside

so most important thing is must have lots of space for my can and bottle drinks :dribble:

skirting.jpg

nice :notti:

next time when i got money will hack away all the skirtings :dunno:

not all big fridges are electricity suckers bah

last time i stayed alone, with washer and dryer one month utilities $50 nia

but my fridge only 400+ litres, may not be that big :D

same feeling here!:D all same same;

no offense to those who have them -

1) L shape sofa

- sick and tired of seeing it. the trend is dying now.

2) wrought iron gate

- machiam de facto standard by HDB

3) Refrigerator concrete base

- who still washes their kitchen with BIG SPLASH FLOODs of water in this era ? my house is not a hawker centre, we are using a MOP!

4) Side skirting for walls

- I have enough of lizards in my parent's house. cos with the skirtings, there is always a gap between the wall and cabinets, desks....creating a HUGE playground and big house for lizards and spiders.

Oppps :- I will be having concrete base wor ... hmm.. think i better omit it and the skiritings for the walls..

simply hate lizards :dribble:!

hehehe last time when i stayed alone i had a 400+ litre ariston fridge

filled it with drinks but now the fridge so small all my drinks cannot put inside

so most important thing is must have lots of space for my can and bottle drinks :dribble:

nice :dunno:

next time when i got money will hack away all the skirtings :dribble:

not all big fridges are electricity suckers bah

last time i stayed alone, with washer and dryer one month utilities $50 nia

but my fridge only 400+ litres, may not be that big :D

Wah..bro MaCe ur skirtingless floor is :notti::deal:

And like what applefreak mentioned, it's true not all big fridges has high energy consumption.

Even if have smaller fridge, it's the habits (eg. opening fridge doors too often and taking a very long time to close back, etc.) & usage patterns (eg. not cooling foods & drinks first before putting in fridge, etc.) that contributes to the high electricity. In fact, there are many other energy hogs - like the steam iron, air-con, electric oven, dryer - not just the fridge alone.

Wah..bro MaCe ur skirtingless floor is :D:D

And like what applefreak mentioned, it's true not all big fridges has high energy consumption.

Even if have smaller fridge, it's the habits (eg. opening fridge doors too often and taking a very long time to close back, etc.) & usage patterns (eg. not cooling foods & drinks first before putting in fridge, etc.) that contributes to the high electricity. In fact, there are many other energy hogs - like the steam iron, air-con, electric oven, dryer - not just the fridge alone.

no lah, it's the phobia - scare scare lah.

me very energy saving one -

1) never use a electric kettle = number 1 culprit

2) use lots of energy saving bulbs , those 5watts type

3) use fan instead of aircon - unless really too hot.

Oppps :- I will be having concrete base wor ... hmm.. think i better omit it and the skiritings for the walls..

simply hate lizards :yamseng:!

better think of those comments first - they claim if I mop the floor, when the mop KENA the walls - will have lots of dirty water marks.

As all my walls are painted with nippon EASYWASH - i did see anything for the last 2 mths.

If you are using other types of paint - i dunno hor.

:P:):)

I'm guilty of #3 8|8|

For #4, I didn't hack the original flooring.

no lah, dont say like dat - most of us just gong gong follows what the contractor says lor.

me also first time own a house, it's just that I am beri rebellious - always ask WHY must do this WHY must do that.

ya me too not doing base for w/m n fridge.. was it a south-east-asia style to wash the kitchen tat way? cos even during my grandparent's era they didn't do tat too.. cos using too much water n it is a waste.. they jus diligently wipe with a damp cloth at most if too oily add a little detergent to the water.. now of cos "upgrade" to using a mop la.. no more kneeling n wipe with the cloth.. hahaa.. but reason y i dun want the base is cos i tink very difficult to move out the w/m or fridge if in case spoil liao need to change.. got to watch tat step.. aiyah..

but i nvr think much abt the floor skirting leh.. indeed a good point to note leh.. thank u mace..

hmm..no need to thank lah - cos some pple actually dont agree on this - quite subjective.

to me, not ONLY lizards and spiders made the GAP their home also the dust - you can see but you cannot reach and once our furniture are placed who will go and remove them just to clean the dust behind?

Edited by MaCe

Mace, electric kettle used alot of electricity? My this mth bill was $128! Haiz... must think of ways to cut costs!

ya! use gas to boil water lah - it's really a lot cheaper.

electric kettle, vacuum cleaner, microwave oven, aircon, hairdryer, ironing - they drink electricity like fish.

my house-

electric kettle(didnt buy) = use gas to boil water

vacuum cleaner = use feather duster to sweep first, then for those fine dust, use vacuumcleaner to suck them up.

microwave oven = try to use gas/hot water to warm up stuffs instead.

aircon = try to use the fan

hardryer = didnt buy

ironing = use steam ironing - novita

sigh, more tiles popped at my place :~ :~

19-08-07_1842.jpg

patrick will be coming by tomorrow to see what can be done :sport-smiley-003:

got a windchime for my balcony as advised by the FS guy

metal, not painted at $5 off yahoo auction

sound really not bad :dancingqueen:

19-08-07_1730.jpg

went by beng tuan just now to ask about something

took some pix of the bedframes and mattress

using camera phone so really blur :thumbs up:

my bedframe, ordered but still not here yet

19-08-07_1547.jpg

my parents bedframe

19-08-07_1546.jpg

the mattress for both beds

19-08-07_1548.jpg

pix of the cat stuff i have in office

think will shift all back home and display around

calendar from daiso

17-08-07_1600.jpg

tissue holder

17-08-07_1557.jpg17-08-07_1558.jpg

stuffed toy

17-08-07_1559.jpg

magnetic picture frame

17-08-07_1555.jpg

posters with cats

my favourite

17-08-07_1549.jpg

my colleagues got it for me

17-08-07_1550.jpg

from spca

17-08-07_1551.jpg

from science diet

17-08-07_1552.jpg

another magnet

17-08-07_1554.jpg

a magnetic signboard, the words are written by me :)

17-08-07_1553.jpg

suppose to stick on side of monitor, but i cannot bear to use it

17-08-07_1548.jpg

3-D jigsaw scottish fold

17-08-07_1541.jpg

from those tikam-vending machine

17-08-07_1542.jpg

coin bank

17-08-07_1543.jpg

these are from japan

17-08-07_1547.jpg

17-08-07_1544.jpg

17-08-07_1540.jpg

a bean toy

17-08-07_1538.jpg

a nodding cat

17-08-07_1545.jpg

last but not least, the real puss-in-boots :furious:

17-08-07_1546.jpg

hehehe, think i should have more nicks

applefreak, pixfreak, catfreak :dancingqueen::thumbs up:

the meow meow stuff are from friends / colleauges who knows i LOVE cats so they see very cute stuff they will buy for me :~:wub:

those are my living floor tiles

it first popped after 12mn, on the first day of seventh month

basically everyday just shifted a bit, but today another major 'explosion'

heard from the unit directly under us, they can hear popping sound every nigh :sport-smiley-003::)

now can only pray that nothing major happens :furious::~

hehehe, think i should have more nicks

applefreak, pixfreak, catfreak ;):o

the meow meow stuff are from friends / colleauges who knows i LOVE cats so they see very cute stuff they will buy for me zz:)

those are my living floor tiles

it first popped after 12mn, on the first day of seventh month

basically everyday just shifted a bit, but today another major 'explosion'

heard from the unit directly under us, they can hear popping sound every nigh :yamseng::good:

now can only pray that nothing major happens :P :P

err...not to freak u out (excuse the pun :D ).....but the part abt first popped after 12 mn 1st day 7th month sounds freaky...very night can hear popping sound? dat means everynight got tiles pop out? :)

anyway i love cats too...but my wife dun like... :unsure:

every year seventh month also got weird sound

e.g. one year was pots shifting on the stove - you know the sound when you drag a heavy pot on the stove? another year was the sound of hangers being pulled on the metal rod :unsure:

me believe in ghost but not really afraid of them :yamseng:

think the cement is 'shifting' that's why my downstairs neighbour can hear the sound everynight

the tiles are shifting slightly everyday but will only see the difference if we pay very close attention

every year seventh month also got weird sound

e.g. one year was pots shifting on the stove - you know the sound when you drag a heavy pot on the stove? another year was the sound of hangers being pulled on the metal rod :yamseng:

me believe in ghost but not really afraid of them :good:

think the cement is 'shifting' that's why my downstairs neighbour can hear the sound everynight

the tiles are shifting slightly everyday but will only see the difference if we pay very close attention

wah.... :unsure: dat will freak me out man. are u a christian or buddist? got put any worship items in the hse?