Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Goodenf

Single phase to 3 phase electrical wiring

Hi, anyone has any experience with changing their house from single phase to three phase wiring? Anyone knows if this is a good idea to change and how much would i normally cost? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

need to check if the incoming cable from the public DB box to your house is currently single phase or 3 phase. if single phase, then need to run a new cable from your house to the public DB box and I think this is done by SP services. cost from what I understand is in the thousands since need to dig up the road and such.

please check with SP services and share the cost estimate as I'm in the same situation as well :P

https: / / www. corenet.gov.sg/einfo/Uploads/Codes/RPUB00004.pdf

page 18 got some costing. but not sure if that's the final amount or not

2 hours ago, loverofcar said:

Not so simple.

Main, meter etc all must change and also authority approval.

of cos. all these would need to be done especially if the house is rebuilt.

My contractor initially factored $5k for electrical on a A&A contract for our inter terrace Reno but then ask if we want to change from single to 3 phase with additional amount of $3800. 

1 hour ago, cymon said:

We upgraded during construction, cost us $8,800.00 + GST $616.00 = $9,416.00

this is for how much kVA?

2 hours ago, TheAttorney said:

Is it necessary to change from one to three phase electrical

If your power consumption is high, then better upgrade to 3 phase

10 hours ago, petetherock said:

I wonder how many homes come with three phase, and how many are single phase...

HDBs homes are all single phase. hahaha

for landed, I think those built before 1980 are highly likely to be single phase and those after that would have 3 phase. last time power consumption is much lower (aircon is not "standard") and it's more common for just a single or 2 storey house so single phase is enough. today people built up to max GFA and with aircon, networking, more electrical appliances, single phase is unlikely to be enough anymore for any 2.5 or 3.5 storey house.

Good day everyone, I am not an electrician but I know what do you mean. Recently I bought a new house and there on the second floor was a big playing room. So, I decided to build a wall and make it into two rooms(both are big enough) for my kids. The main problem there were sockets, so the electrician pulled the cables through the walls and connected them to electricity sharing box (don't remember exactly its name). Also, I have there a generator and I bought high voltage resistors to connect it to the house in case the electricity will shut.