Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Hi,

Can I check with everyone that there's a suppose to be pillar above the kitchen entrance? I just collected my keys and my kitchen entrance actually extends to the ceiling...how can this be? If I want to do a sliding door, i have to cover up the top portion (at least 60cm i think)

hi,

yup u r right, the kitchen entrance extends to the ceiling..u need to ask ur contractor to do the shape for you

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi all,

Need to check with you all, for the painting of whole hse, wat type of paint does ur ID/contractor use??? Heard some type of paint no good, pain liao once scratch will leave a mark there.

Hi jazznpop

My ID/contractor used ICI Dulux.. Wash and Wear.. actually we chose it.. the space colours have to add in cost so we didnt choose... Also can choose Nippon hmm..

The paint so far quite ok.. think normal.. but only stayed there less than a month.. so cant tell how long it can last :bangwall:

!!

hi neighbours.. finally got a letter (stuck on my metal gate) from Starhub.. telling me appointment to activate the maxonline connection for me.. FOC..

but in the letter.. they also mentioned if any modification done to the TV point due to renovation course.. then will gotta pay accordingly as the technician examine n rectify..

so wat i wanted to inform all neighbours here..

1) u will not miss the notification (if any) for the technician to come activate "unit by unit".. cos they use the usual starhub envelop tat sent bills to us.. quite big letter.. not small note or flyers..

2) try not to shift point or do any modification to it.. if not.. only to risk hving to let them earn "extra" frm u..

i'm also facing the risk now.. shall see how.. will update again.. my appointment is tis coming fri morning.. wish me luck!

oooic ic. aiya reno ppl earn $$ from us for shifting tv point, now starhub going to earn our $$ to examine n rectify. how come cannot juz charge once leh.... aiyooo yoooo.

Hi simpleboi,

ic ic hm... like tat got to check it out coz most quotation i got only put ICI emulsion onli. when search under ICI cannot find wat is emulsion. Tink got to reali ask wat type liao. aiyooo a lot of small small ting to look into the quotation.

Dunno whether the space colour reali make the place look bigger?? Anyone try b4??

Hi jazznpop

My ID/contractor used ICI Dulux.. Wash and Wear.. actually we chose it.. the space colours have to add in cost so we didnt choose... Also can choose Nippon hmm..

The paint so far quite ok.. think normal.. but only stayed there less than a month.. so cant tell how long it can last :notti:

:dribble:

oooic ic. aiya reno ppl earn $$ from us for shifting tv point, now starhub going to earn our $$ to examine n rectify. how come cannot juz charge once leh.... aiyooo yoooo.

Hi simpleboi,

ic ic hm... like tat got to check it out coz most quotation i got only put ICI emulsion onli. when search under ICI cannot find wat is emulsion. Tink got to reali ask wat type liao. aiyooo a lot of small small ting to look into the quotation.

Dunno whether the space colour reali make the place look bigger?? Anyone try b4??

Hi Jazznpop,

emulsion means water based paint which is the more commonly used one. But other than letting them state emulsion paint you sld check with them wat type of emulsion paint also cos they are a few different type.. just like wat simpleboi mention abt dulux light and space is more expensive then dulux wash and wear.. and both are emulsion.. :dribble:

Hi all,

Like to check any of your have extra doors if you are hacking your walls? i need the door handle to be on the left hand side of the door. urgent need it asap..:P

Can pm me if any of your can spare one ya.. thanks a lot!! :bangwall::notti:

Edited by jasch

Hi Jasch,

Thanx ya. This i got to ask the ID about it. aiyaya... most impt part forgotten to ask arghh...

Hi Jazznpop,

emulsion means water based paint which is the more commonly used one. But other than letting them state emulsion paint you sld check with them wat type of emulsion paint also cos they are a few different type.. just like wat simpleboi mention abt dulux light and space is more expensive then dulux wash and wear.. and both are emulsion.. :P

Hi Jasch,

Thanx ya. This i got to ask the ID about it. aiyaya... most impt part forgotten to ask arghh...

haha me also.. now started reno le then a lot of small small little things not mention before then got to add in the cost... haiz... really must try to be as detailed as possible during quotation stage.. :deal:

anyway jazz.. i will be using light and space for my ceiling and some of the walls as well.. wanted to make our small small house "appear" slightly bigger.. hehe :notti:

Hi xlan,

Its been a long time, so your house ready?

Just for your info, my point was also shifted and thats y i dnt have have SCV in the beginning. For my case, they din charge me for checking and activating. So please take note. Hope this helps. :bangwall:

hi neighbours.. finally got a letter (stuck on my metal gate) from Starhub.. telling me appointment to activate the maxonline connection for me.. FOC..

but in the letter.. they also mentioned if any modification done to the TV point due to renovation course.. then will gotta pay accordingly as the technician examine n rectify..

so wat i wanted to inform all neighbours here..

1) u will not miss the notification (if any) for the technician to come activate "unit by unit".. cos they use the usual starhub envelop tat sent bills to us.. quite big letter.. not small note or flyers..

2) try not to shift point or do any modification to it.. if not.. only to risk hving to let them earn "extra" frm u..

i'm also facing the risk now.. shall see how.. will update again.. my appointment is tis coming fri morning.. wish me luck!

hi pert!

haha.. ya.. moved in for a while le.. but lot of things still not in place.. sigh.. still messy & dirty.. not matter how i clean up.. sure can't b clean de.. sianz..

oh ya! thanks for the pointer, already noted!

Edited by xlan

Hi all

Been away here as am on medical leave for almost a wk, tml back to work liao.

Latest update, renovation work start liao, tiles should be all done up. Will post pix at myblog. Do stay tuned! lol

hi nemo! how u feeling now? much better?

ya, am good. thanks for concern.

how's your stay at JM? tried any food at the hawker? havn't been there for sometime...

Edited by nemofc