Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Actually, it's my ID's workers who signed the delivery order for us for the tv. Samsung delivered the TV one week earlier cos the shop we bought from forgot to tell them that the delivery should be postponed by a week. And they were outside the house already when they called, so my ID's workers signed the DO for us. In fact, our ID is the one who told us first that our TV was here. Actually, we do understand that we should bear some responsibility, but we're quite angry with my ID cos it seems that she's totally not willing to help. when we told her to find out more from her workers, she said that if we suspect her, she can also suspect that we purposely took away the tv to accuse her. abit duh right?? we wont be so bo liao.

The current number lock was changed on Monday. She used a different lock altogether. And the lock is smaller and easier to break lor. My husband was shocked when he saw the lock and knew the pin.

We suspect a few groups of people... Her workers, cos they were the ones who knew the TV was inside. Samsung's workers, cos they also knew the TV was inside and installation would only be done this weekend. And outsiders loittering around lor, cos the number lock is really too easy to break, mabbe the person didnt intend to steal the TV, but well, the TV was there in the box after he broke in, so he stole it?

Hai. Very sian. Ya...Never go down everyday, cos my husband and i have been working till 10plus the past few days and there was not much progress in the house cos it was only pending wallpaper, painting touch up and electrical stuff. Should have gone there everyday. Anyway, we lodged a police report ytd night, but i think there is no chance of recovery one la...

that's sad. seems like a lot of break-ins, forced-in and non-force in, in our area. it's good that you have made a police report. let the police know about all these cases so that they can step up their patrol.

we also had to take delivery to some items earlier and we actually bring them to back to my current place bcos just don't feel safe. also when i told my ID about the break-ins previously, he installed 2 locks for me. not fool proof but just feel safer.

not sure if you still have big items to be delivered. but you may request your ID to put 2 locks for you. And update your ID whenever you have delivery and hint to her to ask her worker to keep a look up for you.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Zila, can reveal how much is your tv anot? Maybe its one of the top-end models thats why they took it away? Why not check with Samsung whether did anyone register the warranty for your tv? Each tv set comes with their own serial number and i am sure you can check the serial no. on your delivery order as well. Checking by yourself will be way faster than waiting for our Police to do it... *Think they are more concern in trying to find the Mr Mas now*

Just to check around, can i change the lock on my door? I would like to change it to a non-open at the outside (err, know what i mean?)???? Can this be done without changing the main door?

Zila, can reveal how much is your tv anot? Maybe its one of the top-end models thats why they took it away? Why not check with Samsung whether did anyone register the warranty for your tv? Each tv set comes with their own serial number and i am sure you can check the serial no. on your delivery order as well. Checking by yourself will be way faster than waiting for our Police to do it... *Think they are more concern in trying to find the Mr Mas now*

Just to check around, can i change the lock on my door? I would like to change it to a non-open at the outside (err, know what i mean?)???? Can this be done without changing the main door?

i wanna change my main gate... the one my wife is currently using is very solid and safe

i am sorry to hear about this... but i also think that ur ID shld bear some responsibility for your loss of TV? how come she can say u trying to accuse her? issit possible to talk to the management in the id company to ask for some compensation? cuz if both of u working dun have time to go down, the ID shld be helping u to take care of everything? hope this can be resolved soon...

I bought the samsung 40M81BX... Hai. We do have the serial number, but somehow, i got this feeling the TV might be in Msia now already.

We are hoping our ID can compensate us at least half, cos in a way, the house was under her care during the time of renovation. But im not sure if she will. Also, cannot talk to the management, cos she's the management. haha. She's the boss. We will continue to install everything on Saturday (except the TV though...).

Check with those who installed Citygas Rinnai heater. does citygas have to come again after installing the heater to link up the gas pipes between the heater and the 'U' shaped thing below the heater?

Really sorry to hear your plight.

Just hope that your id can at least help you both to cough out something.

Take care!!!

I bought the samsung 40M81BX... Hai. We do have the serial number, but somehow, i got this feeling the TV might be in Msia now already.

We are hoping our ID can compensate us at least half, cos in a way, the house was under her care during the time of renovation. But im not sure if she will. Also, cannot talk to the management, cos she's the management. haha. She's the boss. We will continue to install everything on Saturday (except the TV though...).

Check with those who installed Citygas Rinnai heater. does citygas have to come again after installing the heater to link up the gas pipes between the heater and the 'U' shaped thing below the heater?

Hi Everybody

Just to share this information with you.

Got it from my neighbours.

Believe or not is up to individual.

QinMing coming and it will last for 1 month.

During that period, most of the owners will not move in if you are pangtang.

My neighbour told me to buy a small portable radio and play it at night until tomorrow morning. Or you may play it for 1 whole month.

Reason is that the visiting soul upon hearing the house got music, they will not go in. Play it at the living room.

Do not play religious song as this may attract the visiting soul to your house.

HAPPY

Edited by h4happy

Zlia,

Hope that you can recover the cost of your Samsung from somewhere.

I find the attitude of your ID a bit questionable, on the other hand we would not want to provoke or anger the ID and the workers or contractors he engaged cos we just want to get the reno done with. :)

On the Citygas heater, people from Citygas will come down to install a meter in the riser and turn on the gas for your unit. My plumber is the guy who installed 2 pipes 'Hot & Cold' from the U shape tube to the Gasheater. Hope this helps.

Hi Everybody

Just to share this information with you.

Got it from my neighbours.

Believe or not is up to individual.

QinMing coming and it will last for 1 month.

During that period, most of the owners will not move in if you are pangtang.

My neighbour told me to buy a small portable radio and play it at night until tomorrow morning. Or you may play it for 1 whole month.

Reason is that the visiting soul upon hearing the house got music, they will not go in. Play it at the living room.

Do not play religious song as this may attract the visiting soul to your house.

HAPPY

Hi my friend,

You are scaring me already, talking about visitors from the other side.

I have to say that my block 26B is still a bit quiet for my liking. Just met my direct neighbours on Tuesday, they collected their keys that day, wont be renovating till later.

Hope to see more people soon.

:yamseng:

Hi Happy,

u make my hair stand leh.

hm.... on radio... on Yes 933 haahaa sometime got hip hop Korean or Japaneses music :yamseng:

Btw qing ming tis which mth of the lunar calendar huh?? Is it second or third mth? I thought qing ming is to pay respect to our ancestor and clear their tombstone???

Sorry to scare you JAZZ and VACIS....I think it is on 4th April 2008 (Lunar calendar I am not sure).

I also heard that during Qing Ming, better dont do tiles work. Or finish tiles work before Qing Ming.

Anyway...not to scare pple lah.

Just heard from ah mah and ah pek and share over here.

Hi Happy,

u make my hair stand leh.

hm.... on radio... on Yes 933 haahaa sometime got hip hop Korean or Japaneses music :yamseng:

Btw qing ming tis which mth of the lunar calendar huh?? Is it second or third mth? I thought qing ming is to pay respect to our ancestor and clear their tombstone???

Hello Everyone,

I'm MoMo from SB forum, I also got a unit from 26D....

Can wait to get the keys and start reno.

Had started looking out for furnishing and electric applicances.

But still too far away to start......fantasizing.... :P:bow:

:wub::(

we are neighbour.. me will get keys in 3 mths time.. heards the building is only a year old.. very lucky...

me stay at level 16 at 26D...

Hi Hi to all...

As far as I know, 3 of us got the new units @ Jalan Membina. Anyone else? :)

Shall we talk about our future homes here...?

hi hi..:P! iam ur new neighbour.. i stay at level 26D# 16.. will get key in 3 mth time! u stay which floor?

very sorry to hear that :P Zila ..and somemore your model is very high end.. How much did you purchase it for??I rem it selling for $3xxx

Edited by davidgan

Anyone has this problem?

My flooring in the living room is lower than my kitchen, this is due to the household shelter door preventing my living room flooring level with the kitchen.

I am thinking of doing a kerb or a slope to have both flooring level.

Anyone has any suggestion?

Hi Fellow Membinians,

Thank you for all the wonderful information on our estate, Membina Court. I am just wondering if there are anyone living in blk 27A?

Thanks!