Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

only a section right in front of the main door.

The flat area is cement screeded.

It our first time doing this, so haf no idea about losing pebbles due to cleaning.

Then will ask the contractor to keep the rest of the pebbles for future use :bangwall:

just vacuum or use water to wash out the dirt/dust lor... since it called pebble-wash

Hi Krieg,

Good Idea. Keep a bag of pebbles and stick it back when the pebbles "disappear" slowely.

Hi Cindy

Nice to meet you yesterday afternoon...sorry cannot talk to you lah.....and even you disappeared I also dont know!

Anyway, abit urgent right now...I thought of doing something on the foyer area...any suggestions other than pebblewash?

My thought: Have another granite tiles? Just the foyer area.

HAPPY

Hi Happy,

Sorry! Got to rush off suddenly on that day. If u are around in JM on next week, please sms me as I wanna to see your flat. :bangwall:

I thought u are doing granite for your living room so isit that u wanna to do something different.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Cindy

Yes comfirmed whole floor granite tiles as the tiles are ready to ship over to JM.

I just wonder doing a black galaxy or something sparkling tiles at the foyer area good or not.

Any suggestions?

Ok, will sms you..this sat will be there to submit the defects.

HAPPY

Hi Krieg,

Good Idea. Keep a bag of pebbles and stick it back when the pebbles "disappear" slowely.

Hi Happy,

Sorry! Got to rush off suddenly on that day. If u are around in JM on next week, please sms me as I wanna to see your flat. :bangwall:

I thought u are doing granite for your living room so isit that u wanna to do something different.

Hi All

Can I join in here? I got my keys for 25B end Jan08. Just signed up with Weiken over the last weekend... Anyone same block as me? :wub:

1 question: If I notice defects after 1 week of keys collections, can I still report it?

Was driving past JM today and cant help noticing the exterior paintwork of some units of block27A from mid floor onwards already deteriorated. Saw the whole row(I think its at the room)external wall all have two shades of cream colour.

:unsure:

Alamak. I hope it will not turn out like the blocks across the road (estate is abt 5 years old)... What poor quality paint they used these days....

Hi Cindy

Yes comfirmed whole floor granite tiles as the tiles are ready to ship over to JM.

I just wonder doing a black galaxy or something sparkling tiles at the foyer area good or not.

Any suggestions?

Ok, will sms you..this sat will be there to submit the defects.

HAPPY

Hi Happy and the rest,

Had been missing for a while. My reno is completed halfway, will be there this sat morning. Keen to visit my humble house? zz

PM me if so. Time to rekindle the JM neighbourhood spirits. :unsure:

Hi All

Can I join in here? I got my keys for 25B end Jan08. Just signed up with Weiken over the last weekend... Anyone same block as me? :bangwall:

1 question: If I notice defects after 1 week of keys collections, can I still report it?

Hi!

Yups there are about 5-6 of us in block 25B.

Yes you can report defects anytime before you start your reno. But HDB take quite a while to repair your defects (also depends on what need touch-up, anything that involved main gate and bomb shelter takes 2-3 wks)

i m going ahead to start reno before defects r rectified...hoping to get it out of the way asap.

hi bbgaps!

Welcome to renotalk! I am from blk 25b too. :notti: collected keys on 14 Feb and have not reported the defects. prob go down and do that tom.

how has yr experience with Weiken been?

:rofl: Angel

Hi All

Can I join in here? I got my keys for 25B end Jan08. Just signed up with Weiken over the last weekend... Anyone same block as me? :rofl:

hello all.. just to share. i get hdb to come in and rectify even through my renovation was on-going at that time. there is one point of time where my hubby discovered the poor workmanship of the plastering after my renovation guy paint 2 coats liao. then i made HDB to come in and do. luckily they responded v fast for my case.

i just report those more serious case like water seepage . i reported 2 time but the problem still comes bk. v pek chek le. now that affected area is covered by my wardrobe..so i dunno whether now still have water seepage when it rains or not...

...i even got sunken kitchen floor tile. but luckily only 1 pcs and not visible..so just close 1 eye on it.

hi babe,

how you check for water seepage? I remem once i went after raining, there was a wet patch in my bedrm 3, beneath the windows, we attribute to rain splashing in but with the latch, it is unlikely.

been waiting for it to raining to check it out again.

Hi ANGEL

Blk25b getting noisier and noiser with all the renovation at full force.

You also collect your key on 14th Feb? Me too at 910am, wait until 930am.

This morning saw the weikin boss...he still remember me!:P Exchange a nod.

HAPPY

hi bbgaps!

Welcome to renotalk! I am from blk 25b too. :dunno: collected keys on 14 Feb and have not reported the defects. prob go down and do that tom.

how has yr experience with Weiken been?

:furious: Angel

Edited by h4happy

so good... i haven even finished discussing the details of reno and everyone is busy renovating already... does anyone know when will the lights be turned on for 25B corridors? actually i find tt the corridors are dim enough on a bright sunny day... brought my parents to my house for a tour around 730pm... was using my hp to light up the corridor and all around my house... hahaha :yamseng:

Hi melting starz....

are u from 25B also? dont worry...me have not started reno too...still sourcing for IDs... so undecided... :D this afternoon me and hubby went on the "See and Feel Exercursion" organised by Hbay. So we will be speaking to another 2 IDs i guess.... hopefully we can decide on an ID by mid march and start reno. looks like I will be one of the later ones to move in. But we bought a 32 inch Samsung LCD TV today! :yamseng: haha...was an impulse buy...hopefully was not a wrong decision!!

Not sure when they plan to turn on the lights...but totally agree with u. Was ard there at abt 12.30pm this afternoon and it looked abit dim in the middle of the day!

- Angel

so good... i haven even finished discussing the details of reno and everyone is busy renovating already... does anyone know when will the lights be turned on for 25B corridors? actually i find tt the corridors are dim enough on a bright sunny day... brought my parents to my house for a tour around 730pm... was using my hp to light up the corridor and all around my house... hahaha :)

Hi all,

Need to check with you all, for the painting of whole hse, wat type of paint does ur ID/contractor use??? Heard some type of paint no good, pain liao once scratch will leave a mark there.

Hi BOBO GIRL...Nice to meet you and your hubby yesterday (sat) morning!

Hi CINDY....did not call you as I think are still in your dreamland!

Will sms you again next weekend.

Is it need to apply a sealer on the wall before paint?

Or the contractor never put a sealer and just paint over?

Hi all,

Need to check with you all, for the painting of whole hse, wat type of paint does ur ID/contractor use??? Heard some type of paint no good, pain liao once scratch will leave a mark there.

Hi,

Can I check with everyone that there's a suppose to be pillar above the kitchen entrance? I just collected my keys and my kitchen entrance actually extends to the ceiling...how can this be? If I want to do a sliding door, i have to cover up the top portion (at least 60cm i think)