Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

hey all, I js came back from my hse in blk 26C and noticed that they have installed some wire wiring boxes (or called wire ducting) at the ceiling in the common walkway and life lobbies on each floor all the way to our electrical and utilities room outside our hse. Anyone have any idea what they are doing this installation for?

I noticed that as well... Starhub cables?

1. Lifts not maintained - break down often at Blk 27B, (feel free to add your block no if that happened to you)

2. Cleanliness in carpark

3. Noise of air in pipes still persisting

4. Malfunctioning or blown lights at lift lobby

5. No corridor washing

6. Rubbish piling at dustbin area

7. Corridor wall very dirty

8. Carpark lights not on from 3rd floor onwards

9. Smelly (urine) staircase at carpark block. (Not sure for the residential block as I don't climb the stairs. )

And add below for your name. Will try to get your "real" name and blk no later.

1. makemefly

2. Simpleboi

3. VinceDelfino

4. binzz

5. Vacis

6. sparey

7. kriegs

8. crazycar

9. OnePostWonder

-=-=-=-=-=-

Adding flies into the list?

Edited by OnePostWonder

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hey all, I js came back from my hse in blk 26C and noticed that they have installed some wire wiring boxes (or called wire ducting) at the ceiling in the common walkway and life lobbies on each floor all the way to our electrical and utilities room outside our hse. Anyone have any idea what they are doing this installation for?

They are installing 'eco' lights :lol: as was told pples were complaining the corridor being too dark. Right now, the previously installed lights are activated 24hrs, which was initially meant for 7pm-7am only.

The new lights are suppose to save cost when on for 24hr while maintaining 'security'.

I did ask the ppl installing, they said that they are putting in more lights as certain parts of the corridor walkways are not brightly lit......

Hi all,

anyone experienced warm tiles in the kitchen in front of the fridge?

It gets warm only at certain times..

Anyone? :lol:

Ya, specially the small parking area beside the slope up towards the carpark. There's always inconsiderate drivers who parked their cars there, obstructing the flow of traffic (always see a Sunny backside there).

YES! noticed constantly a car with plate number "85"... everyday park at the carpark entrance :P

even if this "85" is the owner or whoever related to the coffee shop... pls b more CONSIDERATE la!:dancingqueen::P

His license no is SFU85Z, champagne gold nissan sunny.

i'm **** pissed at him too. He's a **** potential hazard.

I see parking wardens like two times last week on weeknights.

oh YES YES!! tis is the 1!:notti:!! 8|8|8|

may b shld take pics of such parking idiots and post it on here

more effective way.. we shld hv save these numbers in our mobile for convenience of dialing:

Traffic Police Hotline:

1800 547 1818

HDB Carparks Hotline:

1800 272 1409

Edited by xlan

Hi Everybody

My granite tiles.....look at the dark patch tiles...already 1 month...is this acceptable in the market?

Is this the norm?

Is it granite tiles are like that when laied?

There will be patches all over the floor?

Please advise asap.

HAPPY

Edited by h4happy

h4happy, it looks worse than before... did yr ID warn you of such discolouration for granite tiles? If so, maybe you got no case...

my ID warned me of my initial tile selection, and the SBH also told him to warn me of discolouration in some tiles before confirming order. in the end, I changed my tiles to something "safer"

gosh.. happy.. i feel so sorry to see tat.. IMHO.. i tink tat is not acceptable loh.. looks like few different color tiles wor.. can they change for u?

Edited by xlan

Before I ordered, I have ask a few times, "Any problems with the tiles", they reply: "No Problem".

Anyway my id will help to change all those affected tiles.

Keep my finger cross.

gosh.. happy.. i feel so sorry to see tat.. IMHO.. i tink tat is not acceptable loh.. looks like few different color tiles wor.. can they change for u?
Edited by h4happy

Before I ordered, I have ask a few times, "Any problems with the tiles", they reply: "No Problem".

:~:~:angry2::P:angry2:8|:angry2::furious::angry2::furious::angry2::furious::angry2::furious::angry2:

They have order 50 2x2 granite tiles to replace.....

That is my mum's unit.

My 5 room.......patchy...my wife will be officially go there this sat morning to check.

If she found out that it is patchy.....sure quarrel with them liao!

Sian!:bow:!!

marble and granite are nature stone. Most contract has a clause that states there will be no guarantee of uniformity in colours and patterns. If anyone doing such flooring, is best to pay extra to do a dry lay so that every tiles are marked to ensure uniformity.

For your case, you may want to talk to your ID to change but will be diffcult to change n match the neighbouring tiles. Btw, your mum paid for the extra tiles??

Good thing is that my id willing to replace all the tiles affected.

marble and granite are nature stone. Most contract has a clause that states there will be no guarantee of uniformity in colours and patterns. If anyone doing such flooring, is best to pay extra to do a dry lay so that every tiles are marked to ensure uniformity.

For your case, you may want to talk to your ID to change but will be diffcult to change n match the neighbouring tiles. Btw, your mum paid for the extra tiles??

Edited by h4happy

No we are not going to pay a single cent.

See my blog too!

Anyway, they willing (I dont think so by their look of the face) to change abt 50 tiles.

If after change, and still like that, my sister gave them a stern warming that they might have to hack away all the tiles.

I wonder whether my id got do spot check on the floor or they see it and keep quiet??

Good thing is that my id willing to replace all the tiles affected.

Juz went to your blog. The tiles really very jia luck. Die Die get them to change coz u will be stayin there for many years.

Juz went to your blog. The tiles really very jia luck. Die Die get them to change coz u will be stayin there for many years.
Edited by h4happy

Hi Everybody

My granite tiles.....look at the dark patch tiles...already 1 month...is this acceptable in the market?

I just dont want to wrongly accuse or point finger to anyone including my id, tiler and suppliers.

Is this the norm?

If this is your unit, will you accept this kind of tiles?

Is it granite tiles are like that when laied?

There will be patches all over the floor?

Please advise asap.

HAPPY

*Images deleted per h4happy's request*

yeah this is very common for granite, especially so if they are not the extreme high quality ones.

my hubby in construction business, he said granite always give such problems as they are very porous. it's by nature of the materials.

Edited by minee

Hi MAKE

Yeah, I agreed. But not to the extend that it changed to darken tiles right? If it is moderate eg. a bit dark and abit light, then still acceptable.

But for me case, the tiles is black in colour.

Will you accept it?

HAPPY

Edited by h4happy

Hi happy,

Didn't know granite got tis problem?? coz mine one no patchy after the cement is dry. When they first lay all look quite dark but after a few days, i guess it dry, it become the lighter like wat u saw those sample pcs.

BUt my ID got warn me of the slight uneven color due to the stone natural color. But he will try to make it uniform at the living area n corridor area but bedroom will be slightly darker tone.

Hi MAKE

Yeah, I agreed. But not to the extend that it changed to darken tiles right? If it is moderate eg. a bit dark and abit light, then still acceptable.

But for me case, the tiles is black in colour.

Will you accept it?

And the mbr has 3 colours.

Yeah, low inferior goods.

HAPPY

Edited by jazznpop