Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

km_foo, u can get a battery operated Legrand doorbell for $19

Just a word of caution- those who are looking at buying lights from Chelsea (Opp Chinese Garden)

I have 2 light bulbs which fused like after 1 month installation.

Irritating, I dont even have chair at home to change, I have to stand on the toilet bowl to change the bulb. :bangwall:

u mean the OSRAM bulbs they gave you were that lousy? Oh no... I bought OSRAM bulbs for the whole house

Edited by OnePostWonder

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

i dun even know what is the brand of the bulbs...the toilet's bulb has no brand written on it.

the living room's bulb is Philips, the lady said i shld on the lights for 10 mins everyday, if not very easily spoilt if I only on once in a while...I dont even live there haha go down and on the lights :bangwall:

i dun even know what is the brand of the bulbs...the toilet's bulb has no brand written on it.

the living room's bulb is Philips, the lady said i shld on the lights for 10 mins everyday, if not very easily spoilt if I only on once in a while...I dont even live there haha go down and on the lights :bangwall:

Chelsea gave me all Osram bulbs... hope they last

Chelsea gave me all Osram bulbs... hope they last

heh i really dunno what brands they gave moi, just super pissed they she keep insisting its because I never on regularly.

I dont even know how to change my living room's light now, need a ladder heh

Thanks for the advise simple n xlan.

Guess i can rather bear with the intermitten sound then pay the $32.10. !!

Hi Bee Joy,

If i am not wrong the start hub contractor had already been to our estate to activate the signal for us before le leh.. not too sure if they are coming again cos that time they told us after that they will not come down anymore.. so those not activate will have to call up star hub.. but i dun koe how true lar.. :D

maybe you want to call up star hub to check with them?

or i try to find the form we sign during the activation to see if there is any number to call a not then let u know again? !!

Hi Neighbours,

Wanna check for those doing household shelter feature wall, can your household shelter door open fully or only 90% or even less than 90%.

My contractor told me that the HHS door will only open up to less than 90% if doing one tic-tac door. So now he suggested doing 2 small tic tac door, so that my HHS door can open up to 90%.

Pls advise.

Hi Neighbours,

Wanna check for those doing household shelter feature wall, can your household shelter door open fully or only 90% or even less than 90%.

My contractor told me that the HHS door will only open up to less than 90% if doing one tic-tac door. So now he suggested doing 2 small tic tac door, so that my HHS door can open up to 90%.

Pls advise.

hmmm u mean 90degree or 90%? 90% is impossible cos of the hinge..

90degree is possible :sport-smiley-003:

Hi Neighbours,

Pls advise.

if you wanna your hss door to open till more than 90 deg, you just need to do a larger feature wall door. however, i dont see the point to have the hss door opening till more than 90deg...

Im in the 5 rm unit, thus my feature door can be larger to allow the hss door to swing out more.

cant comment if its a 4rm.

hi jasch,

Thanks in advance!

Btw, Which blk r u in? Anyone from blk 27B whom has already installed cable?

Hi Bee Joy,

If i am not wrong the start hub contractor had already been to our estate to activate the signal for us before le leh.. not too sure if they are coming again cos that time they told us after that they will not come down anymore.. so those not activate will have to call up star hub.. but i dun koe how true lar.. :bath:

maybe you want to call up star hub to check with them?

or i try to find the form we sign during the activation to see if there is any number to call a not then let u know again? 8|

Thanks kriegs for your advise.

May I know where you bought your doorbell chim? H

ow much did you pay for it?

Went to the Self-Fix Shop at Tiong Bahru Plaza but they have run out of stocks for wire doorbells...

Seems to me that most shops sells wireless instead.

i brought mine at Marina Square Home-Fix. Mine is same brand as onepostwonder - legrand :bangwall:

hi jasch,

Thanks in advance!

I am staying in blk 27A.

Sorry but i cant find that slip of paper thay got us to sign leh.. :yamseng:

Maybe you can try calling up starhub to check with them?

hi jasch,

Thanks in advance!

blk 27B, I had requested for Starhub to switch on my broadband. no tv yet..

got them to waive the set up fee for the broadband..

hmmm u mean 90degree or 90%? 90% is impossible cos of the hinge..

90degree is possible :P

Haa.. sorry. what i mean is 90 degree.

Yang Guo, i remember your HHS is single tic-tac door. so your HSS door can open till 90 degree?

My contractor told me if do one door, it will be slightly less than 90 degree because the feature wall door will hav to be bigger and will hit the opposite wall.

Haa.. sorry. what i mean is 90 degree.

Yang Guo, i remember your HHS is single tic-tac door. so your HSS door can open till 90 degree?

My contractor told me if do one door, it will be slightly less than 90 degree because the feature wall door will hav to be bigger and will hit the opposite wall.

yup mine is single tic-tac door. can open till 90degree max.

oh ur contractor suggested u to do 2 doors? is it troublesome? (imagine when u need to open ur hhs door, u need to open 2 doors).

Now for me, 1 door is abit troublesome already !! very lazy to open 1 door to access another door. haa..

this is a pic of how 90degrees can be done

f_JCHse86m_904fff9.jpg