Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
km_foo

Renovation Contractors, Not Id

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I am interested in getting the contact information for this contractor. Can you please PM it to me? Thanks!!

Dear All,

It's time for contributing back to this forum after taking from this forum. hehe :P

After searching up and down for renovation contractor (not ID). I finally landed with a good contractor, extremely satisfy with their workmanship. Though i will not give 10/10 but I will definitely give a 9.8 out of 10 for the quality, material and workmanship of my contractor.

You see, for people out there looking for renovation, I don't see much different getting an ID and and a good contractor. The key thing is a good contractor, and I think for a good one, it's not so many out there. I am lucky for my case as I engaged with a good contractor with very very reasonable price and quality of work... superb ! (in fact, without saying it's a contractor work, some of my friend is asking me which ID firm i am actually engaged with).

I shall be sharing some pictures of my renovation works later. thanks

Dear all,

I have posted in May 2009 on my Contractor many of your have PM-ed me but i was very late to reply many of your queries...

Not sure if I am allowed to post email address here?

[Thisoldman posted in May 2009]

Hi hi... i seldom post coz not really have access to internet very often. however, i woudl like to recommend my ID as i find that he deserve to be recommended.

here is my story.

I just completed my reno. my ID is very very responsible. i have very very tight budget and wanted to 'maximise' and do as much as possible within my budget as mine was a 26 years old flat.

was indeed very surprised at this ID. He is unlike other ID which i met who will try cut your items to be done and do less things or rather coax you to choose the cheaper material and end up dun care if overall it makes your house look cheapo... he is very patient and willing to tell you the way to cut cost yet do not compromise with the overall feel and design of the house.

this is my 2nd home already and i can tell the huge difference as i have been to most reno firms in singapore. p/s: i will go all out to cut cost so i researched almost 6mth before i engage any contractor.

in the long and short. i am very happy and satisfied with the service which my ID provided. if you are interested in his contact, pls PM me.

i have moved in for 2months already. even when my lightbulb blow, my ID send a electrician to look at it very promptly. and he told me he warrant his services for 2 years for every home he is in charge of. basically i am very impress with this young man's committement and attitude throughout my house reno and after service.

just a brief list of items i have done.

1) tailor made and design grille for windows and main door.

2) hack entire floor and pipes and bathrooms and kitchen. overhaul of the entire house.

3) plaster all walls

4) i paint the walls and ceiling myself.

5) false ceiling whole house.

pls PM me for his contact. will be very glad to share his contacts with all of you who needs a reliable and patient ID.

hi all, i'm doin up my place wif this contractor. cheap, very reliable and willing to go extra miles. read up my other post for more details. worth recommending to others. time to continue packing all my stuff. c ya

may i have henry and ah soon contact? am looking to do my 5room. can someone pm their contact? thanks!

i think you havent been looking through the threads. law suit pending i think

Hello Everyone,

(Part 2 of 3 on our learning's and recommendations from the renovation process)

As many of you know we recently finished our house renovation. Quite an exercise considering we were very tight on budget, bought a condo where owner didn't let us inspect the place, and my husband travels every week so monitoring was difficult.

As we mentioned in our previous post, we decided to use 2 contractors. 1st Jack (J&S furniture) for all woodwork, 2nd we used Home sweet home renovation (Lina) for all toilet / plumbing / misc. works. This post is to share our good experience of working with Lina. Here is a quick summary:

Good things:

a) Sweet and professional to deal with - very simple in her dealings. Speak to her on phone and you will understand what I mean.

b) No hidden costs - she was transparent in her costing. We did a lot of things with her (basically everything except kitchen and warddrobes). One whole toilet was renovated (whole!) with no hidden surprises. In fact, we kept increasing her work scope as we were happy with her handling of situation

c) Direct engagement with some sub-contractors: Many sub cons are related to her by family, etc. So, she was able to offer a decent price and good service

d) Service, service, service - BEST PART. She is very responsive, returns call every time and is genuine. In fact, my wife and her bonded so well that exchanged baby tips!

e) Very hard working: I have seen her replying to mails at 3AM in the morning. She does work hard for every penny she rightfully earns (And we respect hard work)

This is based on not just experience during renovation but 2 months after it (we finished in january end and this is mid march now)

For example: 2 weeks there was a concealed pipe burst in our toilet. It was so bad that all 6 floors below us were complaining to management. She came down and inspected in a hours notice (good service!). Today, we found the cause was a pipe damage due to a nail going into the pipe by mistake (sheer bad luck!) while putting up mirror. She accepted her responsibility without much debate ( I am super impressed!) and wrote a cheque on the spot to pay for plumber, etc. 600 SGD returned on the spot!! I don't know if I can find any contractor who will do so.

(Please do note that she is not super big contractor with a big showroom or anything - in fact, why pay for someone's showroom - get your cost down ! )

So, guys and girls we highly recommend this god-send contractor. Please do consider us for your contractor works esp. all wet works - tiling, plumbing, etc

You can reach her at:homesweethomerenovation@gmail.com or 9329 9934

(Of course she is HDB registered)

Best of luck!

(Tell her young couple from parc oasis)

Hello Everyone,

(Part 2 of 3 on our learning's and recommendations from the renovation process)

As many of you know we recently finished our house renovation. Quite an exercise considering we were very tight on budget, bought a condo where owner didn't let us inspect the place, and my husband travels every week so monitoring was difficult.

As we mentioned in our previous post, we decided to use 2 contractors. 1st Jack (J&S furniture) for all woodwork, 2nd we used Home sweet home renovation (Lina) for all toilet / plumbing / misc. works. This post is to share our good experience of working with Lina. Here is a quick summary:

Good things:

a) Sweet and professional to deal with - very simple in her dealings. Speak to her on phone and you will understand what I mean.

b) No hidden costs - she was transparent in her costing. We did a lot of things with her (basically everything except kitchen and warddrobes). One whole toilet was renovated (whole!) with no hidden surprises. In fact, we kept increasing her work scope as we were happy with her handling of situation

c) Direct engagement with some sub-contractors: Many sub cons are related to her by family, etc. So, she was able to offer a decent price and good service

d) Service, service, service - BEST PART. She is very responsive, returns call every time and is genuine. In fact, my wife and her bonded so well that exchanged baby tips!

e) Very hard working: I have seen her replying to mails at 3AM in the morning. She does work hard for every penny she rightfully earns (And we respect hard work)

This is based on not just experience during renovation but 2 months after it (we finished in january end and this is mid march now)

For example: 2 weeks there was a concealed pipe burst in our toilet. It was so bad that all 6 floors below us were complaining to management. She came down and inspected in a hours notice (good service!). Today, we found the cause was a pipe damage due to a nail going into the pipe by mistake (sheer bad luck!) while putting up mirror. She accepted her responsibility without much debate ( I am super impressed!) and wrote a cheque on the spot to pay for plumber, etc. 600 SGD returned on the spot!! I don't know if I can find any contractor who will do so.

(Please do note that she is not super big contractor with a big showroom or anything - in fact, why pay for someone's showroom - get your cost down ! )

So, guys and girls we highly recommend this god-send contractor. Please do consider us for your contractor works esp. all wet works - tiling, plumbing, etc

You can reach her at:homesweethomerenovation@gmail.com or 9329 9934

(Of course she is HDB registered)

Best of luck!

(Tell her young couple from parc oasis)

I am currently engaging Lina for my house contractor. I can not vouch for the result. But, the service is definitely top-notch and very responsive. I also did receive emails from her from 3 am. I am waiting for a good result from her (and team) for my reno.

hi,

I have an issue with my carpentry contractor.

He is a Malaysian with work permit, but his work permit just got cancelled last week and he is back to malaysia now without completing my house carpentry works.

Now I still left with the drawer of my wardrobe yet to be fixed and some touch up with silicon to be completed.

And he can't be contacted through he handpone now.

I need help from you guys who ever engaged a carpentor contractor.

Do you have any contacts of contractor that are willing to do the touch up work (roughly takes only 1~2 days to complete).

Apreciate your help if yor have any contact to share with me.

Thanks.

Hi i am also looking for contractors to renovate my corner terrace. Any contacts, pls email to me lcoholjack@hotmail.com?

Tks in advance.

Hi Momo,

Could i have your contractors contact please?

cheers

sharin

Hi,

I guess nowadays a lot of contractors all under the IDs who act as the middleperson to give an overall package to customers.

As for me, I had my own idea on how my new place will look like and partly to try saving some $$ so I source out my own contractor through "shopping" around my areas and by chance i met this current contractor who just finished the renovations work for one of my future neighbours! I look at the work and to make sure that he is reliable and good, I even met up with this neighbor and get comments from him! Haha..

In the end, I engage him and now happily undergoing the renovation..so far he has been very positive and good attitude. You need me to recommend, just Pm me. Good luck! :)

hi km-foo, i can recommend my contractor to you if you are keen. i used his service for my house 8 years ago and will be using him again for my new house.

initially i wanted to try out ho bee since he is so highly recommended in this forum. they gave me a quote and after comparing, my first contractor's quote is still cheaper so i stayed with him.

he is very reliable and honest, just like patrick. the only thing is i have to keep chasing him for quotation (i think he is very busy). his carpentry work are also of very good quality, all my carpentry work in the old house is still going strong except for scratches and stickers all over (done by my kids).

pm me if you want his contact number.

Can you give me your contractor contact and name also ? Thanks