Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sakae sushi

Shifted In To Our Home And Something Simple To Share

hello season's greetings. finally, settling down and trying to figure out how to share our flat online. khriz been asking me to post it up online but dunno how and bo eng too. the apartment will house my wife and little girl.

moved in september after renovating for more than 5 months. getting things figured out, fixed and getting things right. firstly, lets see the floor plan :sport-smiley-018:

planmm6.th.jpg

will try to update ASAP.

:P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hello season's greetings. finally, settling down and trying to figure out how to share our flat online. khriz been asking me to post it up online but dunno how and bo eng too. the apartment will house my wife and little girl.

moved in september after renovating for more than 5 months. getting things figured out, fixed and getting things right. firstly, lets see the floor plan :sport-smiley-018:

planmm6.th.jpg

will try to update ASAP.

;)

Looking forward to your photos!:P Your place is really cool!:D!

gt our keys in march but the hunt for ID started 6 months before. went through quite a few ids before selecting an id that managed to get what we want but we also dropped in the end after paying for the layout plan.

looking for an id that can keep things really simple yet ensure that its practical for everyday use.

we gave the id the brief to

1. remove all walls and relayout the floor plans

2. plenty of storage

3. no wood grains :) okay except for bed room :)

4. use black, grey and whites

5. a marine tank.

6. ensure interior doesnt look cluttered after everything is shifted in.

7. keep things simple

attached are the 1st round of 3D that was proposed to us. due to guts that there gottna be issues working with the id :bleah: , we purchase the space planning and 3D and i decided to do and coordniate the reno myself :) the final results are pretty close to what wat was proposed after i did some minor change !!

hlivinghall1ko4.th.jpg

josephcopypl6.th.jpg

hbathroomcommonfj9.th.jpg

:notti:

hcorr2qb0.th.jpg

hwalkwardrobe1lm5.th.jpg

hbathroom1ja0.th.jpg

:good:

Very slow leh, kin leh, want to see!! :P

boss. you see so many times liao lah. not tired hur :P:bow:

Amazing, now thats what i call extreme makeover.

This budget for reno along is going to be at least $65k to $75k

sakae sushi, your 3D design drawings are absolutely impressive.

Are you going to have cement screeded walls in your bathrooms?

And what will you be using for your wall coverings in Living Room 1 and Living Room 2?

Lastly, your glass sliding wardrobe doors ... may I recommend that you use opaque glass film? I have had experience with translucent glass doors/frost glass doors, and they look fabulous ... only when the wardrobe is empty or when you only have clothings of ONE colour. Realistically, we have clothings, bags and accessories of all sorts of colours and when you can see them through the glass, it's like a disaster zone in there .... or like my DH says "wayang".

sakae sushi, your 3D design drawings are absolutely impressive.

And what will you be using for your wall coverings in Living Room 1 and Living Room 2?

Lastly, your glass sliding wardrobe doors ... may I recommend that you use opaque glass film? I have had experience with translucent glass doors/frost glass doors, and they look fabulous ... only when the wardrobe is empty or when you only have clothings of ONE colour. Realistically, we have clothings, bags and accessories of all sorts of colours and when you can see them through the glass, it's like a disaster zone in there .... or like my DH says "wayang".

Chunky, I agree on the opaque glass film comment. My own WIW is "open concept" .. no doors and my wife is mirror/ sliding door. my side of the wardrobe looks real messy lol.. and the dust.. sigh..

no lah, i did cement screen just for the master toilet dry area. the wet area all moasic tiles. tweak the perspectives a little. cement screen not advisable if in contact with water too much.

done the cement slabs effects, inspired by the japanese fellow tadao nako or something hehe.

ha definitely agree with you. this is partly the reason why i "fired" my id. though i'm into radically different idea, it have to be at least practical to live in as well. i was even recommeded to do master toilet without door. :):rofl: i say cannot and was told "nice wat" 8|

:wub:

Look forward to seeing pictures of your new home, sakae sushi. I am sure your pictures will showcase your lovely rendition of the 3D designs that you posted above.

ha definitely agree with you. this is partly the reason why i "fired" my id. though i'm into radically different idea, it have to be at least practical to live in as well. i was even recommeded to do master toilet without door. :rofl::wub: i say cannot and was told "nice wat" :drunk:

8|

LOL! Only if you have a powerful ceiling mounted, motorised extractor fan perhaps!

Have to say, the trend now is to integrate the bathroom with the bedroom >> often seen in new 5 star hotels/resorts. Every room looks like a honeymoon suite! Great eyecandy, but not practical. I once joked with my DH that if we ever have a bathroom without doors, when I dash out of the bedroom, he should just assume that I have a issue with air pollution. :)