Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sakae sushi

Shifted In To Our Home And Something Simple To Share

ic.. thanks!! Im not sure how thick my glass panels are, but it's thicker than the usual glass panels sold.. they used to be used for glass cabinets, so I guess they should be thick enough ?

hi jule

think should be ok lah. the U bracket have different lengh so you can choose and also it can cater to a few glass thickness cos they fasten by using screws.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hi apple

no problem :) creative use of space meh? i'm seen as being crazy cos to errect the glass room for my daughter in middle of the flat and have the passage way, i gave up 1 bed room :( my friend's wife who is an idea say its like striking TOTO if they can get a cilent to buy such idea. :unsure:

think it really depends on what you want bah

most important thing is the occupiers must feel comfortable with the end result

i'm not adverse to hacking walls or giving up bedrooms, as long as it fits my requirements :deal:

pixs for today... or else kena by BOSS Khriz... 8|8|

passgeway view from my girl's room

cimg0870rq8.th.jpg

passgeway way leading to master room

cimg0872ih9.th.jpg

did changes to as what the 3D showed... changed to a glass cabinet to put my toys and voka .... :unsure:

:deal:

master bedroom....

view from the passageway into the master bedroom. sliding wardrobe for his and hers by the side.

cimg0899gj1.th.jpg

we lazy lah zzzz create a "short cut" from our master room into girl's room into living room :D

cimg0902ea2.th.jpg

:(

master bedroom

thanks to KC for the R Rated :notti: customise wall mural

cimg0937km7.th.jpg

platfrom bed with ample storage below :)

cimg0942hx9.th.jpg

like to hide things. ask carpenter to create a compartments for him and her. inside contains the switches for platfrom back light and retractable LED reading light. can put away alarm clock, glasses or even use as a side table.

cimg0956gy8.th.jpg

:yamseng:

working desk

my miserable :(:( tiny working desk next to the TV in master bedroom

cimg0991bh2.th.jpg

cimg1006zy5.th.jpg

:yamseng:

For me.. I actually secured the glass shelf to the perpendicular wall instead of the glass screen. Get the widest / biggest stainless steel bracket, instead of those cheap tiny plastic ones.

I have seen some ppl use silicon to glue the glass shelves to the glass screen ad added stability, but.. algae problem later.

Anyway.. glass shelves.. + glass screen.. soap stains very obvious, unless use frosted glass.

hello

agreed that there is glass if in contact with water sure kena water stain. :( bo bain just make sure to do a wipe down after each spa session...

i wanna the glass panel to be able to hold the magazines as well as towel so i customize it :)

wow another master :bow::bow::bow:

not sohal or achilies now lah. tank not very mature leh. i love tangs have quite a few of them inside now. love power blue but died once. just got a Power brown to try it out again. so far so good :sport-smiley-004:

i'm under sg reef and absolute reef olso :rolleyes::sport-smiley-004:

hehe...bro, im still a marine noob. just simple lps, some softies and clams. how about making a thread in one of the fish forums? i would love to see more of your tank leh.

also can showcase your house there. its very beau ti ful de loh :jawdrop:

mr sushi, how old is your kid? seems very young leh, so many glass in the house, not scare?

Useful for child's education mah!

Eg Child accidentally walked into the glass wall:

*Bong*

"My girl, you see in life, there is more to meet than eye..."

:sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

Edited by zirhk3355

Useful for child's education mah!

Eg Child accidentally walked into the glass wall:

*Bong*

"My girl, you see in life, there is more to meet than eye..."

:yamseng::dunno:

haha :sport-smiley-003: this is why i call you boss. always behind my back and know what i'm doing and thinking ! :help:

wah you really have quite a bit of carpentry works

and can tell a lot of efforts went in to conceptualise it to ensure it fits your lifestyle :notti: :notti:

need to mah. otherwise my carpenter will have an easy job zz8| must make their job less easy :bangwall::dunno:8|8|

head down to this little christmas store of all the contractors. TAI SENG at geylang road. just opposite the road the place where all the durian shops are located. you can find all sorts of things that you want to fix your place. :dunno::P

Thumbs up for Tai Seng. I love that shop.

hello. for the common toilet can just get those U shape metal bracket specially made for fixing glass panel from those contractor hardware shop.

the master toilet shelves a little complicated, i did some customization. bot the U shape and got the metal welder to modify so it is can be screw onto the the handles to hold the magazines. need to open holes so can fix both together using screws.

:dunno:

The glass supplier had actually pre-cut holes in the glass at the factory before installation, right? Afterall, glass cannot be drilled. What you have done require alot of precision. Amazing.

http://img176.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cimg0929ng6.jpg

What you did here is amazing. I was just discussing with the glass shower screen installer today, and almost got into a heated argument. He was so pessimistic, and insisted that I have to have a top rail to support my 3 sided tempered glass shower screen. And I hate that! He is so insistent that the glass with shake yada yada. I really need to go down to Tai Seng and look around!

mr sushi, how old is your kid? seems very young leh, so many glass in the house, not scare?

hello not very young liao. can argue and scold me liao hehe. but i believe children can be trained :) to get use and not to do certain things. thanks God touch wood so far no accidents :dunno:

hehe...bro, im still a marine noob. just simple lps, some softies and clams. how about making a thread in one of the fish forums? i would love to see more of your tank leh.

also can showcase your house there. its very beau ti ful de loh :)

hello. u keep marine longer den me how can be a noob :P a few pple ask me to show my tank online but paiseh leh. everyone full of corals and mine FOWLR :)

where u stay? i'm from tanglin halt area

The glass supplier had actually pre-cut holes in the glass at the factory before installation, right? Afterall, glass cannot be drilled. What you have done require alot of precision. Amazing.

http://img176.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cimg0929ng6.jpg

What you did here is amazing. I was just discussing with the glass shower screen installer today, and almost got into a heated argument. He was so pessimistic, and insisted that I have to have a top rail to support my 3 sided tempered glass shower screen. And I hate that! He is so insistent that the glass with shake yada yada. I really need to go down to Tai Seng and look around!

hi chunky monkey. are you from ben and jerry? :dunno::P of of my favourite flavour :)

dun say until so amazing lah. nothing amazing. i got the customize rack ready before they come to take measurement for the shower screen. this way the measurement wont go sala.

why do he need a top U channel to support the shower screen? mine is done with just the bottom side with U channel. the other wall and ceiling side is just silicon. won't shake and fall 1 lah.

hi chunky monkey. are you from ben and jerry? :jawdrop::jawdrop: of of my favourite flavour :jawdrop:

dun say until so amazing lah. nothing amazing. i got the customize rack ready before they come to take measurement for the shower screen. this way the measurement wont go sala.

why do he need a top U channel to support the shower screen? mine is done with just the bottom side with U channel. the other wall and ceiling side is just silicon. won't shake and fall 1 lah.

My nick? Only because I love Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey and have gone thick at the waist after 2 children!

It's not a U channel that he's insisting but a stainless steel support mounted to the wall. If he does this, it would not longer a a frameless shower screen but a semi-framless shower screen. I do not wish to use a U channel, especially for the shower area. The constant contact with water, scum etc over time will cause the silicon to turn black because of bacteria. Some countries, e.g. Australia has moved away from using silicon and U channels for shower screen installations, and rely 100% on clamps and brackets. That's what I want to do. I think I am going to order my hardware from overseas and get them shipped over here.

I went to Thye Seng (hadn't realised the wrong spelling earlier. Tai Seng = turtle soup) and they do not have what I need. I did go to the hardware manufacturer next door, and consulted the boss. He was very helpful and offered to help me source for the hardware supplier in Singapore. But he is not hopeful, and even suggested that I order online and arrange for international shipping.

My nick? Only because I love Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey and have gone thick at the waist after 2 children!

haha bearly funny :good:

It's not a U channel that he's insisting but a stainless steel support mounted to the wall. If he does this, it would not longer a a frameless shower screen but a semi-framless shower screen. I do not wish to use a U channel, especially for the shower area. The constant contact with water, scum etc over time will cause the silicon to turn black because of bacteria. Some countries, e.g. Australia has moved away from using silicon and U channels for shower screen installations, and rely 100% on clamps and brackets. That's what I want to do. I think I am going to order my hardware from overseas and get them shipped over here.

you can try using anti fungus silicon instead of normal type. i requested for this especially for areas with high water flow. it cost double the price. it's true that our reno technology is still very much in "low tec" mode. people not really into long lasting and ease of use due to cost.

i read in some countries, they no long use silicon to join glass panel together. there's a 3M double tape that is sspecially made to join glass panel. its even stronger than silicon itself.

I went to Thye Seng (hadn't realised the wrong spelling earlier. Tai Seng = turtle soup) and they do not have what I need. I did go to the hardware manufacturer next door, and consulted the boss. He was very helpful and offered to help me source for the hardware supplier in Singapore. But he is not hopeful, and even suggested that I order online and arrange for international shipping.

thye seng supplied to mostly contractors and they do sell some pretty interesting mechanism from japan and italy. the boss super unfriendly though 8|