Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MrsZc31

Parents Meet The Parents Session

My HTB parents & my parents will be meeting with weekend! First time meeting together, don't know why but we are sooooooo nervous.

Anything we should take note? How to break the ice between both side? *stres.........*

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
My HTB parents & my parents will be meeting with weekend! First time meeting together, don't know why but we are sooooooo nervous.

Anything we should take note? How to break the ice between both side? *stres.........*

Wah lao. Still got this type of meetup.

Nowaday, parents meetup at ROM only. :jawdrop:

Just make sure dun have that kind of situation in HK serials where they met downstairs or at toilet then quarrel before coming into the room!! *touchwood*

Why not try to find similiar topics/hobbies that both parents like, eg fathers play golf, or both mums also like the fishhead bee hoon at Holland, etc. Then when sit down together you can start something like, "Mum, Mrs xxx also like the fishhead been hoon one leh!" If they are savvy enough they will know how to continue the topic themselves...

Just make sure dun have that kind of situation in HK serials where they met downstairs or at toilet then quarrel before coming into the room!! *touchwood*

Why not try to find similiar topics/hobbies that both parents like, eg fathers play golf, or both mums also like the fishhead bee hoon at Holland, etc. Then when sit down together you can start something like, "Mum, Mrs xxx also like the fishhead been hoon one leh!" If they are savvy enough they will know how to continue the topic themselves...

be natural bah. if yr parents r liberal, can tok kind, then b4 the meet up, share with them stories. like Mr and Mrs so and so likes what de do what de etc lor....

but mostly such meet up usually is SILENCE de hhaha

too awkard to sae anytg

find out what both parties likes to eat, go to a mutual restuarant will helps!

Mutual agree within yourself and your HTB, pass the message back to indiidual parent "On the first session try not to discuss on wedding stuff. Do not talk $$," Both you will further disccuss on it later by passing message within you two". A meetup at the female house or resturant will do.

Mutual agree within yourself and your HTB, pass the message back to indiidual parent "On the first session try not to discuss on wedding stuff. Do not talk $$," Both you will further disccuss on it later by passing message within you two". A meetup at the female house or resturant will do.

I agree with TPY....1st meeting avoid such touchy topics....wait till everyone's comfortable with each other liao then arrange to meet up 2nd time to talk about wedding stuff.

My 1st parents-meet-parents was during our ROM and when we were sitting down having our buffet lunch, my parents and his parents suddenly talked about wedding ping li stuff....u can't imagine how stressed we were and awkward at the table...but luckily everything turned out amicably....but it's good to let each other's side parents know what to expect so that they won't be caught by surprise.

I agree with TPY....1st meeting avoid such touchy topics....wait till everyone's comfortable with each other liao then arrange to meet up 2nd time to talk about wedding stuff.

My 1st parents-meet-parents was during our ROM and when we were sitting down having our buffet lunch, my parents and his parents suddenly talked about wedding ping li stuff....u can't imagine how stressed we were and awkward at the table...but luckily everything turned out amicably....but it's good to let each other's side parents know what to expect so that they won't be caught by surprise.

My case was quite similar to yours, Air. My parents met up with my boy's parents over the food tasting dinner. They started off talking about the dishes and slowly approached the topic.. Like yours, everything turned out great..

But that was not their 1st meet up. They 1st met up when we went to view our empty flat. :)

boo hoo... my future PIL suggesting to go to my house to "Bai Nian" during chinese new year... i inititally planned for them to meet only during food tasting.... argggg... nightmare... :P

you mean ever since you all started dating and both parents never meet before? my hb's family and my family had met up on several occasions since we ROM 3 yrs ago. we met up for xmas gathering and sometimes cny. before our AD, they also went out for dim sum to discuss about our AD. :thumbs up:

you mean ever since you all started dating and both parents never meet before? my hb's family and my family had met up on several occasions since we ROM 3 yrs ago. we met up for xmas gathering and sometimes cny. before our AD, they also went out for dim sum to discuss about our AD. :good:

i guess they only meet up often after you rom?

me n mrszc31 haben rom yet. don't like the rom n yrs lata dinner kinda style. :bleah:

i guess they only meet up often after you rom?

me n mrszc31 haben rom yet. don't like the rom n yrs lata dinner kinda style. :bangwall:

before we ROM, they also got meet up otherwise how they agreed us to get marry (i mean ROM). haha. :dunno:

before we ROM, they also got meet up otherwise how they agreed us to get marry (i mean ROM). haha. !!

well maybe we more kantan and shortcut, both parents trust our taste and there it went :)

i've been with my so for more than 8 yrs. both parents have not met each other :notti: First meet up !! will be next month, during my food tasting :P

gosh 8yrs! all e best ya :P

btw, is tt ur hse beside ur nick? :bangwall: