Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aoi

Do You Suspect Your House To Be Haunted ?

i don't know abt windchime but i remember my paternal grandma (who had pass on long ago), forbid anyone at home to put windchime. she says it attract other spirits (whether gd or evil type) to your hse. i also don't know but that story sure scare my mum and she don't dare to have any of that in our hse.

i also remember my parents, grandparents and aunties (they are a load of kay poh aunties = 3 big wet mkts when they got gatherings :bangwall: ) told us that during chinese qing ming and 7th month, cannot stay out too late outside. and also when at night, if you hear usual noise, eg. chains clanging, people walking but like very tired and dragging along, got dogs whining & barking like ****, don't open door/window to kay poh. they say that the ghosts are being send / transported to certain places so don't clash with them.

i only encounter once and that was enough. i went to my maternal grandparents' kampong hse and at about 3.30am, there was loud clanging chains and sound as if there are people walking past. the dogs at my grandparent house and neighbours are barking non-stop. and the dogs started barking from the left most house to the end of the house at the end of the street as the clanging noise travel to that direction.

i was scared like ****, shivering in the blanket as i was awoken by the loud clanging chain noise. and i thought its me, watching scary movie before bed time but when i woke up in the morning, i asked my uncle and aunty and my cousins, all of them heard the same thing. and they told me its normal :bangwall: !! :bangwall:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

ya... i've also heard abt the clanging chain stories...

my maternal grandmother passed away many years back and i have an uncle (youngest) that is not very sound in the mind but he's normal. just that sometimes the things he said, we do not know whether to believe him anot.

he stayed with my grandmother all his life even after he got married. however, when my grandmother was quite seriously ill, my eldest uncle fetch her over to his place to stay.

the night she passed away, the youngest uncle did not express any shock or disbelief when my mum they all told him abt the news. he said he saw niu tou ma mian and heard the clanging chain noise... so he had roughly guessed of my grandmother's demise... and my grandmother is definitely going back to see him before her departure coz he's the only one she is worried of...

at the funeral which is at the void deck of my eldest uncle, my eldest auntie suddenly shivered and kept pointing to the lift. they believed she saw my grandmother there...

also, normally when u leave the funeral site, u have to wash / rinse urself with leaves from a kind of plant. i didnt dat time. so while i went home, i keep feeling there is a presence of someone else in the house... i told my mum abt it and she quickly took the leaves (we have the plant in the house too) and i wash myself with it. after dat, i felt more at ease...

another incident i think i might have related it here.... was when i was still very young and sleeping with my parents, i saw a dark figure dat wanted to zoom past my parents' room (their doors are open). however, the dark figure seemed to know dat i've discovered him so he quickly retreat... next morning i told my mum abt it but she said is my sis waking up middle of the nite going to the toilet. i knew she was trying to dispel the fear in me. coz the dark figure is the outline of a man and my sis had long hair that touches her waist at dat time...

Scary thread this...

Now I would like to share my experiences. When I was in sec sch, slept in upper bunk (those double decker beds). To this day, I cannot forget the fear I had in me when I was sleeping one day (day, not night) and I believed I was having a dream (nightmare actually). It was a very noisy dream, could hear loud helicopter whirring sound, loud talking noises coming from the radio and although these do not sound scary, I was very scared, a great fear in me and I just wanted to wake up but could not. It was as if I was conscious, not sleeping and desperately wanted to turn my body, could not; opened my mouth to call for help but no sound came out. :rofl: Don't know how long this went on 'cos to me, it seemed like an eternity when finally, woke up suddenly and was drenched in perspiration and shaking in fear. In cantonese, some people say this is "bei gwai jak" meaning "being pressed down by ghosts". This fear has stayed with me all this year and I did not have another episode until last month when I had the same type of "dream" and this time, in the morning. This time, no more helicopter noise or radio sounds but the same fear, wanted to get up but could not move, opened my mouth to call for help 'cos could sense my husband being in the room. Well, after what seemed like ages, finally 'broke free' and managed to wake up with the same fear as I had the first time. Not sure if this is making any sense to anyone but anyone experienced something like this?

As for strange experiences, there were a few times when working at the sink which is at one end of the kitchen with the entrance at the other end, I sensed something standing at the entrance and when I turned to look, nothing. One more, the few times that I fell asleep in my sons' room, I always end up having bad dreams. :notti:

coz last time the company has those old telephone system

there's something like seven lines, so all phones can pick up any of the 7 lines

he saw that line 1's light is blinking though there is no one else around :dunno:

I had the same experience too.

I used to work for a company located in a distripark and I'm always the only one who work late. My phone has LCD which I can see who is calling from the office. One nite, around 9pm, I keep receiving calls from the same extension from the other end of the office. I'm very sure there's nobody there, scary huh?

I need to get my report out on my boss's desk first thing in the morning, so I shouted out loud from my office (my office was at another end) saying I'm just working over here, when my work is done, I will leave the workplace, please don't come and bother me. Guess what? From that very day onwards, I was not bother by the "good brothers" anymore. But when my colleagues work late, they will still received calls from that end of the office.

My dad passed away 17 years ago. After he had passed away, in the first 2 years,

he came back to visit us quite often, almost every night. On his "first seventh" my

mum bought durian for him for praying, knowing he loves durians. The next day,

i.e. the eighth day, me and my mum saw finger prints on the durian, it's not left by

me or any other family members coz when we open the durian fruits, we pour the

durian fresh on the plate without touching it.

My dad had habbits like opening the gate louding, banging the lock against the wooden

door and waking louding around the house a few rounds in the morning around 5am.

Theses were heard at nights and morning after he is gone. My mum felt my dad seating

next to her on the bed while sleeping (she's a light sleeper), coz the mattress sank down.

I heard him walking around the house into my room around 5am, but see nothing.

These movements gradually ceased over the years, but some nights and morning,

me and my mum can still feel or hear him coming back, walking in the house.

There's nothing to be scare of as long as your conscience is right.

at the funeral which is at the void deck of my eldest uncle, my eldest auntie suddenly shivered and kept pointing to the lift. they believed she saw my grandmother there...

also, normally when u leave the funeral site, u have to wash / rinse urself with leaves from a kind of plant. i didnt dat time. so while i went home, i keep feeling there is a presence of someone else in the house... i told my mum abt it and she quickly took the leaves (we have the plant in the house too) and i wash myself with it. after dat, i felt more at ease...

the plant is promegranate plant, chinese name is you zi ye (promegranate leave). usually pan dang ppl place these leaves in water and all you have to do is wash your hand, sprinkle on your face if you don't want to wash your face with the water. and usually ppl use this when they go to someone else's wake. if its your own close relative, its ok, don't have to use this coz ppl believe own relative is friendly ghosts. :sport-smiley-004:

My dad passed away 17 years ago. After he had passed away, in the first 2 years,

he came back to visit us quite often, almost every night. On his "first seventh" my

mum bought durian for him for praying, knowing he loves durians. The next day,

i.e. the eighth day, me and my mum saw finger prints on the durian, it's not left by

me or any other family members coz when we open the durian fruits, we pour the

durian fresh on the plate without touching it.

My dad had habbits like opening the gate louding, banging the lock against the wooden

door and waking louding around the house a few rounds in the morning around 5am.

Theses were heard at nights and morning after he is gone. My mum felt my dad seating

next to her on the bed while sleeping (she's a light sleeper), coz the mattress sank down.

I heard him walking around the house into my room around 5am, but see nothing.

These movements gradually ceased over the years, but some nights and morning,

me and my mum can still feel or hear him coming back, walking in the house.

There's nothing to be scare of as long as your conscience is right.

this story is abt the same as my grandfather. he came back every night and everyone in the family knows. reaason being that he being overweight, always walked heavily and drag his foot steps. and at that time, we are living at 2 storey wooden bungalow hse :sport-smiley-004: those peranakan type, coz my paternal side is perankan and they have their own factory and house with shops rented out to motor workshop, indian food store, mama shop and to 3 families.

my grandma told us that our great grandma taught her that if you want to know whether the dead came back, put glutinous rice as offerings on the 7th day night. and after midnight, burn plenty of paper money, incense and candles and call to the dead relative to come back to take & eat full full before making their journey. den in the morning, check the glutinous rice and you will see that the rice is touched before, ie. can see finger pressed marks. this shows that they had come back before. and there's a reason why to use the glutinous rice to pray on the 7th day night. becoz when the person dies, he still duno he's dead until the 7th day when he's back and when he put his hands into the glutinous rice, he will 1) see that his finger nails are stuck to the glutinous rice, 2) and their fingers had turned black 3) thus realise they are dead 4) and thus realise they have to move on for reincarnation. and at this point they will drop tears of sadness realising that he's dead and had left his family for good.

my grandma also told us not to be afraid of our dead relatives as they are only here to protect and bless the family.

they also says that it is lucky to attend funeral of dead old folks who are over 80 years of age.

Scary thread this...

Don't know how long this went on 'cos to me, it seemed like an eternity when finally, woke up suddenly and was drenched in perspiration and shaking in fear. In cantonese, some people say this is "bei gwai jak" meaning "being pressed down by ghosts". This fear has stayed with me all this year and I did not have another episode until last month when I had the same type of "dream" and this time, in the morning. This time, no more helicopter noise or radio sounds but the same fear, wanted to get up but could not move, opened my mouth to call for help 'cos could sense my husband being in the room. Well, after what seemed like ages, finally 'broke free' and managed to wake up with the same fear as I had the first time. Not sure if this is making any sense to anyone but anyone experienced something like this?

i have 1 such experience and i don't quite like it coz its my dead young cousin. he die within 2 weeks after being sick and without any specific illness. he was a healthy, active young kid then.

we were all so sad. and his parents went to ask the 'god' what they should do before he dies, but the 'god' says his soul is already being taken and he will die soon. and not long after that, he really dies!:sport-smiley-004:

and on the 2nd day after he pass on, i was too tired and was taking a nap at my female cousin bed and suddenly i feel cold, had a feeling that someone was standing beside me and very slowly trying to whisper to me at my ear. and i can feel that the presence is my dead cousin, so when i try to ask what he is trying to say, he seems to be tired and climb over me to lay beside me on the other side of the bed and asking me to help him!:sport-smiley-004:!!

i was in the state of shock, cannot move, cannot talk, cannot open my eyes, cannot even lift my fingers!:sport-smiley-004: and he kept telling me that a fierce female ghost had taken him to be his slave and he's made to do all work for her. i was woken by my female cousin (older) and she said that she saw i was furgiting in my sleep and like in great pain, so she woke me up.

and i get the same dream for almost 2weeks!:bangwall: i was so upset but didn't tell anyone coz my aunty & uncle are already sad enough over my cousin's death. but i told my female cousin (the dead cousin's elder sis) after 1 week and she immediately told my another aunty and they get me to go see the 'god' and take the tailsman for protection. but the dreams continue for another week and end with my dead cousin crying sadly.

this is 1 **** of scary experience for me. when i told my mum, she gets so worried and make me go see another 'god' again, do some chanting and prayers for me.

till now, after 20 over years, i still feel uncomfortable talking abt this issue. :~:~:bleah::notti::)

till now, after 20 over years, i still feel uncomfortable talking abt this issue. :~:~:help::help::help:

I think I know the feeling although my experience wasn't quite like yours in that I do not know for certain what/who was responsible for these uncomfortable and scary episodes. Like you, I didn't talk about it either except perhaps a couple of times. One of these times when I shared with someone, the explanation offered was that there was a scientific reason for it like maybe, the body was numb, something to do with the nerves, whatever. I just know that it is not something that I would like to go through again. Tks for sharing. :)

I think I know the feeling although my experience wasn't quite like yours in that I do not know for certain what/who was responsible for these uncomfortable and scary episodes. Like you, I didn't talk about it either except perhaps a couple of times. One of these times when I shared with someone, the explanation offered was that there was a scientific reason for it like maybe, the body was numb, something to do with the nerves, whatever. I just know that it is not something that I would like to go through again. Tks for sharing. :help:
ya, there were some sort of research done scientifically and was stated that when ppl gets too overly tired out physically and with mental stress for sometime, once they go into sleep and at occasionally, they will get this feeling. so its not some due to some ghostly factors.i duno :help:

since quite a lot of fellow forummers kenna this experience

i'd like to ask if you remember what was the position you were in when you experienced the pressure

were you sleeping face up, hands by the side and legs together?

i'd like to ask if you remember what was the position you were in when you experienced the pressure

Talk about this.........i kanna alot during my stay at AMK.......then slowly diminish when i stay at woodlands then punggol and clementi no more..............i guess its just too tired last time so always got those "pressure" experience.....last time always must rush between work and study so always kanna "pressure" effect alot....

Tell u another funny experience of mine........last time when i was in my primary school days i live at AMK.......something happen at my AMK house till today still bothering me sometimes.......its a mystery i cannot unravel.......u know i can see a face in my room.........how should i describe it?.....er.......everytime i about to leave my room...........i can see a face appearing in the wall beside the door..........at first i thought its becos i am too tired or becos of lights effect........when i first saw it, i got so frightened.........but slowly no feeling already until get used to it until the day my AMK flat is sold..............i dont want to tell my parents or my siblings cos i dont want them to get frightened too.................

ya, there were some sort of research done scientifically and was stated that when ppl gets too overly tired out physically and with mental stress for sometime, once they go into sleep and at occasionally, they will get this feeling. so its not some due to some ghostly factors.i duno :yamseng:

Actually, talking about being overly tired physically and mentally, I've something to share on this. This happened when my father was hospitalized and I was shuttling to and fro between office and hospital during lunchtime to visit him. At that time, my job was also very stressful with late nights as well. Well, what happened was on one visit, I fainted in the ward (yeah, can't find a better place to do that, right?). The moment I fainted, I was like "conscious" too cos I could hear everything and know everything that was happening around me from the nurses who rushed to help me, put me on a wheelchair, wheeled me all the way to the A&E, propped me in front of a doctor who asked "did you eat your lunch?", (I could answer, just couldn't open my eyes) and all this time, my eyes were tightly shut and tried as I could, couldn't opened them! So, to cut a long story short, since they didn't know what to do with me, they left me in an observation ward to sleep and this I did. I finally woke up almost 6.00 pm, looked around at the busy nurses and patients, then went to settle my bill - $50 for sleeping a few hours on the hospital bed! Very ex! My explanation for this is the body shuts down when we are so tired and still don't rest ourselves, liked a forced shutdown. :D Dunno if I'm right but the moral of the story, listmates, is this - must take care of our physical and mental health cos next time, maybe won't be just a simple act of shutting down and having some shut-eye!!

both times on back, legs together, not sure about the hands.

everytime i about to leave my room...........i can see a face appearing in the wall beside the door..........at first i thought its becos i am too tired or becos of lights effect........when i first saw it, i got so frightened.........but slowly no feeling already until get used to it until the day my AMK flat is sold..............i dont want to tell my parents or my siblings cos i dont want them to get frightened too.................

eeewww.... this is so scary! you are gutsy!

Actually, talking about being overly tired physically and mentally, I've something to share on this. This happened when my father was hospitalized and I was shuttling to and fro between office and hospital during lunchtime to visit him. At that time, my job was also very stressful with late nights as well. Well, what happened was on one visit, I fainted in the ward (yeah, can't find a better place to do that, right?). The moment I fainted, I was like "conscious" too cos I could hear everything and know everything that was happening around me from the nurses who rushed to help me, put me on a wheelchair, wheeled me all the way to the A&E, propped me in front of a doctor who asked "did you eat your lunch?", (I could answer, just couldn't open my eyes) and all this time, my eyes were tightly shut and tried as I could, couldn't opened them! So, to cut a long story short, since they didn't know what to do with me, they left me in an observation ward to sleep and this I did. I finally woke up almost 6.00 pm, looked around at the busy nurses and patients, then went to settle my bill - $50 for sleeping a few hours on the hospital bed! Very ex! My explanation for this is the body shuts down when we are so tired and still don't rest ourselves, liked a forced shutdown. :yamseng: Dunno if I'm right but the moral of the story, listmates, is this - must take care of our physical and mental health cos next time, maybe won't be just a simple act of shutting down and having some shut-eye!!

microsoft windows get blue screen - we human beings get BLACK screen... :D

Edited by MaCe

Actually, talking about being overly tired physically and mentally, I've something to share on this. This happened when my father was hospitalized and I was shuttling to and fro between office and hospital during lunchtime to visit him. At that time, my job was also very stressful with late nights as well. Well, what happened was on one visit, I fainted in the ward (yeah, can't find a better place to do that, right?). The moment I fainted, I was like "conscious" too cos I could hear everything and know everything that was happening around me from the nurses who rushed to help me, put me on a wheelchair, wheeled me all the way to the A&E, propped me in front of a doctor who asked "did you eat your lunch?", (I could answer, just couldn't open my eyes) and all this time, my eyes were tightly shut and tried as I could, couldn't opened them! So, to cut a long story short, since they didn't know what to do with me, they left me in an observation ward to sleep and this I did. I finally woke up almost 6.00 pm, looked around at the busy nurses and patients, then went to settle my bill - $50 for sleeping a few hours on the hospital bed! Very ex! My explanation for this is the body shuts down when we are so tired and still don't rest ourselves, liked a forced shutdown. :yamseng: Dunno if I'm right but the moral of the story, listmates, is this - must take care of our physical and mental health cos next time, maybe won't be just a simple act of shutting down and having some shut-eye!!

i oso encounter tis b4... last yr labour's day... i got asthma attack during work... my colleague sae my breathing stop for a few mins... den my fingers turn black... i noe i still can hear them toking to mi but juz cant respond to them... when i woke up, i already in hospital le...