Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Melissa Ng

Our Humble Haven

A very warm Hello to you! :dancingqueen:

Finally, my first time blogging :sport-smiley-004: Haha...a little 'sua gu' perhaps :P:) I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the community here at Renotalk for such a great forum & contributions, i've learnt so much from here, be it good or bad, we're here to share..Great job everyone :good:

Actually today is already the 12th day of my reno. I'm trying to record as much as i can so that my great-great grandchildren will be able to see how their great great grandparents found & renovated their very 1st own home :wub: ( that if this forum is still standing by then :jammin: ) However things are happening so fast that i'm havin a hard time keeping up..so i better zoom in to my No-Frills reno process before i forget more stuffs :paint::lol:;)

* No Frills = nothing fancy smancy, just the most practical yet value for money reno :notti::horse:

Edited by mel

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Here's a short intro of our new home. It's a 24 yrs old, 4NG flat, Corner lot, so there's privacy and it's more windy. The reason why we choose it was due to the location - it's 5 min walk to Yishun MRT, Bus interchange, Shopping complex, (future) national library, schools , lots n lots of food n amenities all ard us. When we are richer & wanna upgrade, it's still sellable due to the conveniences ard it :notti: If not, it'll still be great to grow old here..hahah :lol: Regardless, since we're gonna stay here for at least 5 yrs (cos we took the grant), so good reno is still necessary :rolleyes: Hope this will be a good steppin stone for more great things to come :)

My house floor plan:

HouseFloorPlan.jpg

Edited by mel

Here are the before reno pics of my home - sorry if i'm a bad photographer :bath:

Main Entrance:

R0010483.jpg

Space in front of main entrance:

R0010480.jpg

Hall:

R0010481.jpg

Another angle of the hall

R0010482.jpg

doorway to kitchen:

R0010484.jpg

kitchen:

R0010485.jpg

another angle of the kitchen:

R0010488.jpg

common toilet:

R0010486.jpg

DAY 1 of Reno - Demolition day

When we went there at the end of day, feels good actually :huh: I mean the place felt more spacious & the old stuffs are gone to pave way for a rebirth / renewal :sport-smiley-018:

Hall wall tiles & floor tiles hacked:

hallwallfloor.jpg

Kitchen:

kitchen.jpg

Common toilet:

Commontoilet.jpg

Master bedroom toilet:

bedroomtoilet.jpg

WOO i finally see ur blog, going to chop place here see your reno process by Ho Bee

Edited by BunBun

Thank you all so much for your kind support :sport-smiley-018: You're all welcomed to spam my blog :thumbs up: I'll post as many pics as i can to share my experience :good: Meanwhile it's been a mix of emotion during this period - excitement, stress, fun, frustration, anxiety..But renovation is not something we do every day or month (unless we're contractor/ id), so i'm just taking it all in, embracing the moments & hope to look back as good memories / experience :) It's been quite a ride so far :yamseng::jammin:

Hi mel,

Nice big & convenient place you got there. Your original place remind me of the old and rundown of our place (see my t-Blog for latest pics just updated) before we renovated everything.

All the best and enjoy the renovation progress.

Cheers

hi welcome to renotalk!

its always amazing how once the old flats shed their "skin" from hacking, they looks as good as new! :D

btw if u need any renovation resources along the way, do feel free to drop bymy blog. ;)

wah Diva, ur art gallery very nice !! :dribble: Thanks for the informative blog too :good:

Hi mel,

Nice big & convenient place you got there. Your original place remind me of the old and rundown of our place (see my t-Blog for latest pics just updated) before we renovated everything.

All the best and enjoy the renovation progress.

Cheers

heh heh thanks lifestyle :) ..i think urs shld be bigger than mine..mine is just 92sqm..future when family become bigger and all, wah..can't imagine..if got money my hubby's dream is to get jumbo unit, then he can convert 1 room to become 'animal farm' cos he'a an animal lover- then he can rare fish, bird, cat, dog, iguana etc ( in the end the cat will eat the fish / bird, the dog will eat the cat, the iguana will bite the dog.. :lol: )

Edited by mel

DAY 2-4 of Reno - Plastered whole unit

The boys did a really good job :good: I saw them working very hard, treated them lunch on Sat

Sand sand everywhere:

sandeverywhere.th.jpg

All Tiles arriving on Day 3:

Tiles.th.jpg

Before plastering:

10595759_7ad2cc0c1211132711_m.jpg

After plastering:

10595802_c2c2d6791211132838_m.jpg

Process of plastering (darker one is plastered):

10595863_c7502ddc1211132992_m.jpg

Edited by mel

Hey, very good size for the 4NG flat :good: ... bedrooms size are almost similar to ours....guess old place are much bigger than the new ones.

heh heh thanks lifestyle :) ..i think urs shld be bigger than mine..mine is just 92sqm..

DAY 10-12 of Reno - Bedroom toilet wall 90% done, Kitchen base done, kitchen wall tiles 90% done, aircon truncking done

Kitchen ( left wall):

10596869_f34f37d51211135541_m.jpg

Kitchen (right wall):

10596965_7d83111c1211135797_m.jpg

Bedroom Toilet Wall ( brown & light beige mix):

10597477_973567b71211136958_m.jpg

Bedroom toilet wall design:

10597527_ddb336f21211137113_m.jpg

Bedroom Toilet floor:

10597256_47084ec41211136436_m.jpg

Edited by mel