Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Melissa Ng

Our Humble Haven

WOW the reno was really done very fast and you choose a good colour scheme... Very functional and practical house. *thumbs up* Must bookmark your blog...

Thanks very much Pinkpetter :) , with your 122sqm i think u can do even more... for me although my floor area is only 92sqm, somehow the colours and layout made it seem big & airy..that's what all the visitors commented lah so far :P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Mel, your house looks really cosy..guess it was a good renovating experience with Patrick. I love that decal...are you planning to put anything under it? Cos there's a gap from your skirting to the decal..

Study room laminated floor (colour: Pearl white)

11280677_005e42af1213793157_m.jpg

hi mel, very nice taste for your choice of laminated floor :good: .

Do you face any maintenance issues due to the white colour flooring (since we can only do dry mopping)?

are the joint lines between each plank visible ?

Mel, your house looks really cosy..guess it was a good renovating experience with Patrick. I love that decal...are you planning to put anything under it? Cos there's a gap from your skirting to the decal..

Hi Prettibride,

Thanks! :) Read that your reno starts today :sport-smiley-004: very excited for u - all the best :yamseng: Yeah, i did plan to put a pot underneath the decal, for a 3D kind of feel..but after some time felt like getting used to how it looks now without the pot :P Will see abt this in due time, thanks for noticing :D ..Meanwhile yes, the reno was a good experience with Patrick, not entirely smooth but he was very accommodating & solved all our problems. So a thumbs up for Patrick. Here's a picture of us when he help us to install our toilet accessories. Even though he's the boss, and is busy all the time, he's still willing to get his hands dirty to do the job together with his men..very very humble & responsible, no wonder many good reviews abt him.

Tsk tsk, must still keep our identities hidden :notti::bath:

12913857_fe5e910f1220277291_m.jpg

hihi mel...very nice, clean and cozy home!!! :dribble:

can i chk wif u on the altar size and price and place that u purchase??? as i also intend to pray "guanyin"in my new home soon... :D

Hi Star07dust,

Thanks for the compliments! :) No prob, I'll PM you the altar table supplier's details. Based on the description in the bill, it is 3ft x24", walnut colour, altar with top, glass sides with flowers, fixed with 1 long light. I will also PM you where the Guan Yin statue is bought from :)

hi mel, very nice taste for your choice of laminated floor :good: .

Do you face any maintenance issues due to the white colour flooring (since we can only do dry mopping)?

are the joint lines between each plank visible ?

Hi Dove,

Thanks! So far the maintenance is ok, cos we use the sponge kind of mop, which is a bit wet only (as long as doesn't drench the floor) to clean the stains & dust, but very fast to dry, so won't harm the laminate floor :thumbs up: We oso use floor detergent formulated for laminate floor, which has linseed oil soap to protect the joints, and against swelling (written on the label) . U can find this at ntuc or other household stores . Yes you still can see the joint lines , but it's kinda like part of the design, won't protrude obviously, due to no gap

I bought the sponge mop from the auntie provision shop at abt $8 :P

12914332_54ef45291220279702_m.jpg

Where do u get the tv console and the display cabinet? How much are they? Ur hse looks simple just like what i wan.

Hi Simple Guy80,

The TV console i actually bought from vhive at $369 only. You can see the spec from their website in below link (model no. SS1567G OY 6) :

http://www.vhive.com.sg/listing.php?cat_p=...c=32&from=3

For the Display cabinet I bought from The Green furnishing at Woodlands civic centre at abt $400 +. Wish I'd bought at Vhive instead since it’s cheaper. The only plus point for this display cabinet is that the 4 sides/ corners are wood, so it’s more stable and protected. :unsure:

Edited by mel

whoaaa.....very nice pic with Patrick... :sport-smiley-004: me also must hv one pic with him too :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

:D hahah..after you snap try telling him you will put in renotalk, see he will turn pale or not, cos he very shy one :D After next time whenever he see camera he will 'siam' - runaway :D:P

Practical house indeed :) like your aquarium and the wall decal !

Thanks Starscream! :) Really appreciate your comments :)

Edited by mel

Hi Dove,

Thanks! So far the maintenance is ok, cos we use the sponge kind of mop, which is a bit wet only (as long as doesn't drench the floor) to clean the stains & dust, but very fast to dry, so won't harm the laminate floor :thumbs up: We oso use floor detergent formulated for laminate floor, which has linseed oil soap to protect the joints, and against swelling (written on the label) . U can find this at ntuc or other household stores . Yes you still can see the joint lines , but it's kinda like part of the design, won't protrude obviously, due to no gap

I bought the sponge mop from the auntie provision shop at abt $8 :P

12914332_54ef45291220279702_m.jpg

thanks Mel for ur recommendation, will look out for those once my laminated floor is up! :dancingqueen:

Hi Prettibride,

Thanks! :) Read that your reno starts today :sport-smiley-004: very excited for u - all the best :yamseng: Yeah, i did plan to put a pot underneath the decal, for a 3D kind of feel..but after some time felt like getting used to how it looks now without the pot :P Will see abt this in due time, thanks for noticing :D ..Meanwhile yes, the reno was a good experience with Patrick, not entirely smooth but he was very accommodating & solved all our problems. So a thumbs up for Patrick. Here's a picture of us when he help us to install our toilet accessories. Even though he's the boss, and is busy all the time, he's still willing to get his hands dirty to do the job together with his men..very very humble & responsible, no wonder many good reviews abt him.

Tsk tsk, must still keep our identities hidden :notti::bath:

12913857_fe5e910f1220277291_m.jpg

thanks mel...hehe...can imagine patrick's face in that photo..he's a nice guy to work with but too bad we can't afford him. i tink the decal looks good on its own too~