Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Melissa Ng

Our Humble Haven

Fast tiling works!

very nice wall tiles for the kitchen cabinet...hope it will turn out nicer when the cabinets are up!

looking forward! :yeah:

wow...i love the kitchen wall tiles!

Thanks Jessie & Virgo :wub: I really hope they'll match the cabinet color i chose too :unsure: Actually this tile can be easily found in major tile shops like Soon Bee Huat, Lian Seng Hin or Taugres. It's the glossy surface type & has other colour shades as well. The code for this particular one ( purple+grey) is 34811, 30x45cm & cost only $2.40 p.s.f. That's why I was thinking - instead of getting expensive mosaic or installing something else at the wall to prevent it from being stained by the cooking area, why not i just put different wall tile in btw to camouflage as decor & also can make stains less obvious. The glossy surface should also be easy to clean :good:

:dribble::dribble: ohh...dear....how i wish my hubby will like yours, so i can shaking leg all day :bleah::drunk:

hahah..took years of training one :horse::lol: But not sure he'll still continue after seeing my post here :P:lol::lol:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Currently the status of my reno that haven't do are:

1. Kitchen cabinet

2. Painting

3. Change iron gate

4. complete installation of small stuffs like toilet cabinet, door bell etc

The others are completed, including my laminated bedroom floors which were just finished yesterday :dancingqueen: . I'll try to post as many pics as I can, however most pics are still in my hubby's handphone memory card.

Meanwhile here's a sketch of my kitchen cabinet by Keong, drawn at the spot:

11102350_073dccd41213107452_m.jpg

hey mel ,

sorry just realise that you have your own t-blog.

Congrats ya .. soon you can move into your new house !!

update more pics pls.

:D :D

hey mel ,

sorry just realise that you have your own t-blog.

Congrats ya .. soon you can move into your new house !!

update more pics pls.

:D :D

Thanks very much Valerie :D Pls help to send my rgds to ur father in law too :)

Meanwhile the common toilet wall design is chosen by my hubby, while i decided for the mbr toilet. We're competing on whose toilet will look better. However he cheated by installing these mosaic tiles :bleah: :

11102485_bef665c21213107890_m.jpg

11102518_621d672d1213108019_m.jpg

Then we also installed the wall lamp, which is in front of the main entrance. We're gonna ask patrick to install the dimmer for this lamp, so that when we watch movie at night, can just switch on this lamp & adjust the light accordingly, for nicer atmosphere :notti:

11102541_25f7bb2e1213108117_m.jpg

Cornice arch at kitchen entrance, haven't dry yet when pic taken:

11103349_df54a0081213110937_m.jpg

11102715_75f823e81213108747_m.jpg

Edited by mel

Covered wall in master bedroom for ceiling height wardrobe:

11102739_0570f0c11213108848_m.jpg

New flat rubbish chute, haven't taken out the sticker protector

11102791_4599b4ab1213109009_m.jpg

reflection of light on hall tiles

11102873_15d269be1213109294_m.jpg

Here's a little side track, some of the furnitures i've bought:

2-layer tempered-glass dining table, bought from Living Showcase 2008 at Expo - at least i won't be seeing anybody's feet when i'm eating at a clear table :D:P The 2nd layer i can put stuffs like utensils, cloth, or even decors like flower petals :thumbs up: So I felt like I've gotten 2 tables for the price of 1 :notti:

11102952_1e2385ce1213109563_m.jpg

dining chairs:

11103434_3ad67d521213111241_m.jpg

Now this is my MOST SATISFIED buy so far :wub::dribble: It's a tatami bed-cum-sofa-cum-storage cabinet. The size & material can be customized. I shall put this in my study / chill out room :paint::jammin:

11103490_26bc03381213111421_m.jpg

The colour that I've chosen for the above tatami bed, man-made leather like bronze skin:

11103564_7b5f68a21213111663_m.jpg

Thanks very much Valerie :D Pls help to send my rgds to ur father in law too :)

Most welcome :D

I'll send your regards to my FIL. :D

Wow, your reno process by Ho Bee is going well and looks good too! This tatami sofa cum bed looks very nice, its a single size right?

Wow, your reno process by Ho Bee is going well and looks good too! This tatami sofa cum bed looks very nice, its a single size right?

Yup it's a standard single size bed. When my hubby & I sat on it in the exhibition, it's MIGHTY comfortable :good: Underneath the mattress is a solid plank, so it provides better support than most of the sofa bed you see at Courts, ikea etc. :sport-smiley-003: So when my mum comes over she can also sleep comfortably on this bed. :)

i like the tatami bed so muchhhhhhhhhh :dribble::dribble::wub::wub: .

may i know where to buy har.... :dribble:

It was also love at 1st sight for me :wub: I found it at the Living showcase exhibition 2008 at Expo. The company name is iNch Design Pte Ltd. They will open a showroom at Sungai Kadut ard end of this mth. I'll let u know once it's open (will call them up) :) Anyways due to they haven't deliver the bed yet so i'm not sure abt their service yet, hopefully they won't disappoint me. :unsure: (so far only paid deposit) Will let you all know how's their service once the tatami bed arrive at my home :ph34r:

Very nice the tatami bed. :) more pix! :dribble:

Yup it's a standard single size bed. When my hubby & I sat on it in the exhibition, it's MIGHTY comfortable :good: Underneath the mattress is a solid plank, so it provides better support than most of the sofa bed you see at Courts, ikea etc. :sport-smiley-003: So when my mum comes over she can also sleep comfortably on this bed. :)

It was also love at 1st sight for me :wub: I found it at the Living showcase exhibition 2008 at Expo. The company name is iNch Design Pte Ltd. They will open a showroom at Sungai Kadut ard end of this mth. I'll let u know once it's open (will call them up) :) Anyways due to they haven't deliver the bed yet so i'm not sure abt their service yet, hopefully they won't disappoint me. :unsure: (so far only paid deposit) Will let you all know how's their service once the tatami bed arrive at my home :ph34r:

I went to house this afternoon, thought of taking pics of my new laminated floor, however the painting is still in process, so all the floors are covered. I think currently the paint is still 1st coat, waiting to apply 2nd coat

Bedroom walls : Apple white (Dulux Easywash)

11195820_4c86e80c1213462603_m.jpg

Hall walls: Morning Dew (Dulux Easywash) with reflection of natural sunlight

11195995_98fdf3921213463257_m.jpg

To those who had been curious on how my Mirror Bi-fold door looks like, here it is. The mirror makes my toilet 'disappear' - like david copperfield illusion :lol::notti:

11196095_3accbeaf1213463626_m.jpg

The door frame is made of aluminium

11196130_20805dfc1213463754_m.jpg

My Mitsubishi Starmex System 3 (Inverter) in all my 2 bedrooms + study room. Whenever i see this i think of Jack Neo ( fr the ad ) :P:rolleyes:

11196156_f646f3931213463847_m.jpg

My kitchen cabinet is still in process, here they haven't even peel off the surface sticker, so the 'MEtallic' colour not fully reveal yet..plus the granite top also not yet install

The workers quickly 'siam' (run away) when i try to take pics, very shy :lol::D

11203989_11d323d31213494791_m.jpg