Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
donut88

Ariston Storage Heater Vs Joven Storage Heater

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi people,

The water heater in my common bathroom has been spoilt for many yrs. So wanna ask if I buy from one of

the retailers, do they provide installation services? or do i hav to ask an electrician? or a plumber? to carry

out the installation?

Cheers,

pearljam

Installation wise, you have to pay about $100 or so since those shops will just engage contractors from outside to do it for you but ask if they also do the electrical wiring as well. Not sure about uninstalling part, so probably you need to call and check.

Edited by SYTan

precisely - if anyone could just do some searching in this forum - you will come across JOVEN leaking but NO problem from ariston.

Hi Mace, I can see you're a long-time member, but I have to tell you the 7 year-old Ariston heater I inherited from my flat's previous owner is leaking rusty water. Now the floor tiles and wall tiles in the common toilet have a rusty colour after only 3 days since the leaking started. Am having the heater replaced on Friday and will most probably choose Joven due to their 10 year warranty on leaking.

I used to have a good image of Ariston, but several of my friends all have problems with their products and sorry to say "Made in Italy" is not held in high regard in Europe when it comes to electrnoics. Maybe for cars motor cycles and fashion, but their electrnocs suck big time.

Might as well buy made in Malaysia.

Just wondering...

Under HDB rules, it says that for flats provided with 30 Amps main switch, consumption of appliance should not exceed 1.5 kw for storage water heater.

So when i was shopping for a storage heater, the shop owner told me standard models for Joven are all 3kw. 1.5kw models are optional and they don't carry that. end up getting a Ariston one since the Ariston at my previous home has served us well for 13 yrs.

Would like to know where to get the 1.5kW version of Joven storage heater...? thanks :)

Just wondering...

Under HDB rules, it says that for flats provided with 30 Amps main switch, consumption of appliance should not exceed 1.5 kw for storage water heater.

So when i was shopping for a storage heater, the shop owner told me standard models for Joven are all 3kw. 1.5kw models are optional and they don't carry that. end up getting a Ariston one since the Ariston at my previous home has served us well for 13 yrs.

Would like to know where to get the 1.5kW version of Joven storage heater...? thanks :)

That's a good point.

Thanks for sharing that info, because I didn't think about that. I've just downloaded the Joven brochure from their side and indeed they list 3kW/240V as "standard" and 1.5kW/230 V as Optional.

better had that checked out, but I think my current Ariston might be 3kW too, because the previous owner's electrician actually took the power from one of the two power points meant for Air Con compressors, which is why I couldn't install two compressors.

Maybe i should change to 1.5kW and have an electrnician re-route so in future i can install a second compressor if needed as 1 bedroom doesn't have AC.

That's a good point.

Thanks for sharing that info, because I didn't think about that. I've just downloaded the Joven brochure from their side and indeed they list 3kW/240V as "standard" and 1.5kW/230 V as Optional.

better had that checked out, but I think my current Ariston might be 3kW too, because the previous owner's electrician actually took the power from one of the two power points meant for Air Con compressors, which is why I couldn't install two compressors.

Maybe i should change to 1.5kW and have an electrnician re-route so in future i can install a second compressor if needed as 1 bedroom doesn't have AC.

i also didn't think about that at first... just so happened that i chanced upon the HDB guidelines the day before i went heater shopping. if i didn't read, i'd have just gone for a Joven one without thinking/asking.

How old is your flat? if you flat is already those with 40 amp mains, not an issue at all :)

and, 1.5kW will take almost double the time to heat the water up...

JTS: I just replaced a new Joven 25L horizontal storage heater including installation at S$320(nett) from Maximum Credit Co Pte Ltd 62233575 (check a few and this is the cheapest)

My previously Joven 25L horizontal storage heater spoilt after using 8 years. :)

Time for me to look for another Storage Heater as well. My Ariston P30 of >8yrs went leaky for a few months already. Now Don't know to stay with Ariston or change to Joven, and don't know which Supplier/Pluber is reliable.

8423939704_63dbd4a74d_z.jpg

8423943068_e4d57a8cea.jpg

my joven 25l bought from royal fanco at about $250, installation by my plumber during my renovation so dunno how much installation will cost ... i have to say i'm pleasantly surprised by how fast it heats up and how long it retains the heat - heated at night for my bath and in the morning, the water is still very hot ... i think i tried about 24 hrs after the last cycle and the water was still pretty hot ... :sport-smiley-018:

my joven 25l bought from royal fanco at about $250, installation by my plumber during my renovation so dunno how much installation will cost ... i have to say i'm pleasantly surprised by how fast it heats up and how long it retains the heat - heated at night for my bath and in the morning, the water is still very hot ... i think i tried about 24 hrs after the last cycle and the water was still pretty hot ... :sport-smiley-018:

Yeah. :yamseng: Agree. I usually on for 15 mins then off it then the water still hot and can last. But I bought from Hoe Kee @ $245.

Yeah. :yamseng: Agree. I usually on for 15 mins then off it then the water still hot and can last. But I bought from Hoe Kee @ $245.

i think i saw somewhere someone got it at $230 or something - lowest i've seen so far ... but dun remember from where or how liow ...