Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jopp

Digital Door Lock

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Interesting..........anyone here own the biometric locks? Can you confirm this?

Yar, can someone go try. If true, i will forget about buying the electronic door lock liao...

And their business might be going bust.

Then again, i think the engineers are not that sillly too... haha

Hi Guys

Wonder if you can share your experience or knowledge?

1. Which brand is better GateMan or Samsung?

2. Is fingerprint technology reliable? Eg. able to successfuly scan 9 out of 10 tries, mis-read fingerprint?

3. Does the samsung brand has anti-mischief function similar to GateMan?

4. Which one has fire rating?

REgards

tad

1. i would recommend Gatemen for sure.. Samsung looks really chio but they r only using the brand name.

2. i think the hype abt d fingerprint is really getting stale.. cos my previous lock was damage cos someone [suspect my neighbor's kid] go put super glue on the glass, :curse: ]

then when i contact the company. they tell me the 1yr warranty period is over & changing the glass will cost $500..

eventually, i only use the pin number to enter...

3. i thk currently, there is the YALE DIGITAL lock which I heard from tt imm shop tt Yale bought over gatemen.

& u may not see any new gatemen in d future. i thk most of them will only make d alarm sound if u play with it for too long.

4. & yes i thk both samsung, gatemen & yale has fire-safety, but non of them are fire-proof cost hey are plastic & obviously will melt.

I'm actually boycotting those fingerprints 1 nw. cos i rather scan card or key in password.

now im looking for this YALE model. they just launch recently & got some promo price.

price in very good nw.. that model i like was selling @ only $788 with installation.

& i thk i knw 1 shop can fetch me a better discount ;)

Hi hi guys,

I'm oso interested in getting a biometric lock. Been looking at this model. The shop told me that it's a US Brand, anyone installed before? Because they're the Sole Distributor, so the price that they quoted me is only $750 inclusive of installation (Which they tell me is only for the promotion until June). I've seen their demo set at their office, really looks quite nice. The sales person told me that if buying 2 locks at one time, got additonal discount of $100. Anyone interested to buy together, than we can save together... :D

http://www.msmfg.com.sg/

I'm considering their E7F4 model.

oh no bro.. Just a word of advice..

personally i wont recommend to by from sm small scale supplier..

cos sm of them maybe hit&run biz.. no offence...

y not consider a reputable brand? they will hv better service support & spare parts in stock.

if i tell u my story of tt lousy biometric i bought 1yr+ ago.. u will cry for me....

im totally skeptical & will only go for big names for reliability

& i make sure they r prominent player in d mkt & hv gd service support.

ps im nt here to slam & promote any brand but its personal experience.

I recommend you guys this lock.

www.ap501.com

Remember to see the video...bullet proof.

hahah.. singapore got not gun la!! hahahah

seriously hardcore stuff there..

OK thanks for ALL the valuable advise, so anyone OWN the biometric did the test? Simple test will be using photo copy yr thumb print. Anyone?

oh no bro.. Just a word of advice..

personally i wont recommend to by from sm small scale supplier..

cos sm of them maybe hit&run biz.. no offence...

y not consider a reputable brand? they will hv better service support & spare parts in stock.

if i tell u my story of tt lousy biometric i bought 1yr+ ago.. u will cry for me....

im totally skeptical & will only go for big names for reliability

& i make sure they r prominent player in d mkt & hv gd service support.

ps im nt here to slam & promote any brand but its personal experience.

Hi hi,

Care to share your experience? Sounds scary... For this lock that I'm interested in, they've actually done a few major projects and that includes the Sands IR. So, I'm not really afraid of em being a hit & run. Honestly, that was one of my concerns too. Maybe can share with us your horrifying experience and brand of the lock if possible?

OK thanks for ALL the valuable advise, so anyone OWN the biometric did the test? Simple test will be using photo copy yr thumb print. Anyone?

I'm arranging for their sales consultant to show me a demo regarding the photocopy fingerprint thingy this week or the coming week (Depending on my schedule). Maybe you can ask them to show u as well, if you're interested. I will also post the demo findings after their consultant meet me.

I'm arranging for their sales consultant to show me a demo regarding the photocopy fingerprint thingy this week or the coming week (Depending on my schedule). Maybe you can ask them to show u as well, if you're interested. I will also post the demo findings after their consultant meet me.

That's cool!

Make sure the test is fairly done and that they did not "cheat" by messing up the photocopy,,, :bangwall:

Keep us in the loop!

I never lock my gates. So main lock is the digital lock. I do install arlam that is hook up to my telephone, by yale 80 over bucks. so in case there is break in arlam will sound off and auto call me. If i'm lucky enuff to have me psp n wifi connection when i'm outside, i can remote connect from my psp to my ps3 at home that is connected to the playstation eye. Cool huh. hehehe.

About the lock with remote its the same as 5120, only got extra remote control. If u loose it can always deregister the remote from ur door lock, same goes with ur card. Extra access card I use kokptiam card.

I get the lock not from IMM, I know a person that bring in the lock direct from korea. have to wait 1 week for it to arrived, he never keep stock. U want he order. Want to install he have his installer to install at 100 nett. For me i like to diy. so foc for install.

20-04-09_0832.jpg

This the the access card provide together wif the lock, not a card actualy it came with the lock, X2. Can hook up to ur HP.

Btw, i will poison u all wifh the installation vid. hehehe

http://serviceapi.nmv.naver.com/flash/NFPl...5261d138b54ac98

Can I have his contact too? Can PM me.....thanks

Hi,

Know that these locks are able to let you access by either fingerprint or card or PIN or key.

But can it configure access by:

1) Biometrric + PIN (for fingerprint model)

2) Card + PIN (for RFID model)

Thanks!

Hi hi,

Care to share your experience? Sounds scary... For this lock that I'm interested in, they've actually done a few major projects and that includes the Sands IR. So, I'm not really afraid of em being a hit & run. Honestly, that was one of my concerns too. Maybe can share with us your horrifying experience and brand of the lock if possible?

actually i very suay 1.

nobody @ my plc during the day, then my neighbor's kids like to play along d corridor. & they find my lock fascinating & like to play with it.

sm time i came hm realizing the lid was open..

d final call was they put super glue on the glass where the scanner was.

& nw 'MY SUPPLIER" [no names mentioned, cos dun wanna spoil ppl's biz]

has not stock since they hd discontinued item cos the new tech is RFID's nw.

so they r stopping biometrics.

while my warranty period had expired, more than 1 yr.

they say if i wanna replc the damage glass.

i gotta wait 3mths for them to freight the spares in or

they offer me to buy their newer models @ a lower cost.

which i had no confidence in them...

Now im considering either Yale or Samsung, [not to mk advert for the them, but its really safer/reliable over d long run]

Moreover i gotta knw of this shop www.contatdecor.com tt is selling Yale @ sm promo rate.

So for all those who r buying this Digital lock, this shop gave me a really gd advise:

if u r replacing your gate, u can get them to customize it in the sense tt i blocks the lock when its close

so tt u avoid UNNECESSARY ATTENTION & ppl can play with it.

Hi yc,

How is the demo? Did you get this lock in the end?