Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yan

Dream House Vs. Pig Sty

It is such a sorry waste to hack off the expensive black granite from the living room. Maybe you want to consider laying more bright coloured laminates over it? As for the bedrooms,I think its good to have a total makeover to suit your taste. The carpentry and geomatric patterned doors are too old school. The previous owner must have spent a bomb on the reno.Notice even the living room's wall are tiled up.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
wow......black granite!!!! nice nice leh!

abit wasted to hack away....

big hse leh.....how big is the area?

hope to see more nice nice pix. ;)

hehe.. 143sqm..

ya agree the floor really wasted leh...

as for the think blocking the window, i think its cos of ur window facing west, its meant to block out evening sun...

Yeah.. I know.. but I guess this is one of the first batches of HDB to implement the thing.. I saw the same thing at Jurong West st 60+.. those west facing block also have the same metal thing outside the window. but the holes are much more dense and the height of the metal thing is less than one third of the window height.. not like my place.. it nearly occupies half of the window's view... :furious:

It is such a sorry waste to hack off the expensive black granite from the living room. Maybe you want to consider laying more bright coloured laminates over it? As for the bedrooms,I think its good to have a total makeover to suit your taste. The carpentry and geomatric patterned doors are too old school. The previous owner must have spent a bomb on the reno.Notice even the living room's wall are tiled up.

hmm.. I did consider lay sth bright over the living room granite.. but the thing is the ex owner already level up the floor and do 3 layers of false ceiling.. we worries that overlay might make the whole place looks even lower.. so....

As for the bedrooms,I think its good to have a total makeover to suit your taste. The carpentry and geomatric patterned doors are too old school.

Completely agree!! :yamseng: :yamseng:

hmm... the living room's wall are tiled up?? are you referring to the 2nd pic? it is a normal white painted wall.. I also dun know why there is grey color lines appearing on the wall.. probably due to the camara or the lightings.. :P

tell you secretly.. I heard the ex owner spent 90K on the reno.. :jawdrop: 90K on 10 yrs ago... :jawdrop::jawdrop: ai.. sometimes dreaming that if he could pass the 90K to me 10 yrs ago and I helped him design the whole hse then it will be perfect~~ :D:notti::notti:

More pics on the 2nd day of hacking...

we went there directly after work.. was wearing high heels.. can you imagine.. everyone in the hse were so nervous to see me trying to walking into the hse.. in the end.. I just walked for 4 steps and stood there .. asked hubby to climb the moutain and across the river.. haha ;)

Hack the wine cabinet away.. look at the moutain of the garbage.. no way I can walk on it..

IMGP0252.jpg

Living room

IMGP0256.jpg

Master toilet.. I think...

IMGP0240.jpg

Kitchen.. moutain is so high that even hubby also can't walk in.. just made a long arm inside the kitchen and took photo...

IMGP0248.jpg

Service balcony

IMGP0247.jpg

Very heartpain to see $90k of renovation bitting the dust. I think if previous owner sees it will also feel "sayang". But...what the hack! Its your house now so enjoy your makeover renovations.

Very heartpain to see $90k of renovation bitting the dust. I think if previous owner sees it will also feel "sayang". But...what the hack! Its your house now so enjoy your makeover renovations.

think this is gonna be a very interesting transformation seeing that u r hacking everything. i'm gonna be like u. everything is hack, hack n more hack!

*patiently awaiting my house*

hi yan

your house is in toh guan? which blk is that?

my bro just bought a EA there too recently and is currently renovating...

wow...the original granite floors being hack off is such a waste. heard ppl payin bombs to juz do this flooring!

startin on a blank canvas is a gd start, esp since the previous carpentry looks positively ancient....

I like the triple layered false ceiling.

Your pics is like house had HULK had been invited to the place for house warming.

Aniwae, i look forward for your next post ya. And all the best in your reno!

WOW 143sqm!!!! How much does your reno cost?

The previous owner must have spent at least 60 to 100k renovating the house man but too bad, too old design liao. Haha.......the next owner will think so too if it's 20years later

Debris has been cleared.. I was quite impressed that the corridoor outside the house is quite clean.. no sign can show that moutain of debris has been moved out from the house and another moutain of sands being moved in the house... :good: luckly does not cause any disturbance to the neighbour...

Common toilet.. took from the new entrance along the corridoor.. the old entrance in the pic, which connects to the service balcony will be sealed up soon..

IMGP0265.jpg

Kitchen.. now looks much bigger than before... :dancingqueen:

IMGP0273.jpg

Sands

IMGP0277.jpg

Window looks so nice without window grill... but.. both hubby and MIL insist must have window grill.. so sad..

from the skirting you can see the ex owner level up the floor a lot...

IMGP0279.jpg

Maybe it is a bit far.. but look at the main door.. see how much it has been cut for the level up-ed flooring..

IMGP0281.jpg

We also went to select wall paper after that.. that is my bedhead feature wall paper.. how? how? I like it very much.. hope it will look nice when it is done :yamseng:

IMGP0260.jpg

hmm.. the actual wall paper is not so yellowish as shown in the pic.. think it is becoz of the lighting..

Edited by yan

Was thinking about replacing the ugly dark color full height window by natural color aluminium window.. ID all the way said OK OK till today he suddently said becoz the window is full height, he need to apply for PE endorsement which costs around 500-800 and apply sth called PAC which costs 2000 bucks and not gurantee it will be approved~~~ :jawdrop: OK.. maybe he never did house with full height window and owner wants to change it before.. nvm...

anyway.. is this true that replacing the full height window need to apply for so many things? My ID told me the window frame cannot be replaced unless apply for PAC.. I can choose to only replace the casement window glass which only requires PE endorsement.. but I defintely have to put back the wrongt iron grille which is for the lower half of the window.. How about the casement window frame itself?

The current window color looks so ugly and a lot of hedges are rusty and one of the window even can't be closed completely... is there a way to change it?? :unsure:

We also went to select wall paper after that.. that is my bedhead feature wall paper.. how? how? I like it very much.. hope it will look nice when it is done :yamseng:

IMGP0260.jpg

hmm.. the actual wall paper is not so yellowish as shown in the pic.. think it is becoz of the lighting..

nice bedhead wallpaper! look forward to see the completion pics!! :dribble:

Was thinking about replacing the ugly dark color full height window by natural color aluminium window.. ID all the way said OK OK till today he suddently said becoz the window is full height, he need to apply for PE endorsement which costs around 500-800 and apply sth called PAC which costs 2000 bucks and not gurantee it will be approved~~~ :jawdrop: OK.. maybe he never did house with full height window and owner wants to change it before.. nvm...

anyway.. is this true that replacing the full height window need to apply for so many things? My ID told me the window frame cannot be replaced unless apply for PAC.. I can choose to only replace the casement window glass which only requires PE endorsement.. but I defintely have to put back the wrongt iron grille which is for the lower half of the window.. How about the casement window frame itself?

The current window color looks so ugly and a lot of hedges are rusty and one of the window even can't be closed completely... is there a way to change it?? :unsure:

i think you should give HDB a call to check...just to make sure ur ID is not providing you with the wrong info....