Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yan

Dream House Vs. Pig Sty

Thinking about starting my own reno t-blog for months.. Dang-Lang.. this is it... finally got the time and mood to sit down and start typing.... thanx for gastric problem..MC at home today.. :(

Anyway, my reno finally started -- since last week. Gosh.. it feels like I have been 10 yrs older since the day we started to look for IDs.. etc.. fortunately we've decided to stay at the new hse for the next .. at least 10-20 yrs.. else I really dun know how to go through the whole process again~~~ :bleah:

Sorting my photos now.. come back just in a while's time...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Thinking about starting my own reno t-blog for months.. Dang-Lang.. this is it... finally got the time and mood to sit down and start typing.... thanx for gastric problem..MC at home today.. :(

Anyway, my reno finally started -- since last week. Gosh.. it feels like I have been 10 yrs older since the day we started to look for IDs.. etc.. fortunately we've decided to stay at the new hse for the next .. at least 10-20 yrs.. else I really dun know how to go through the whole process again~~~ :bleah:

Sorting my photos now.. come back just in a while's time...

Congrats Yan!! :dancingqueen:

Hahaha... know what you mean y aging 10 years... My reno has not even started and I'm already getting that feeling :(

:yamseng:

Here comes the pics of the original house condition.. everything you see here will be completedly made over.. what can i say... ai.. our taste is completely different from the old owner..

Living room.. with lighting.. it seems ok.. look closely.. it has 3 layers of false ceiling and it caused the ceiling to be very low~~ :jawdrop:

IMGP0085.jpg

the floor is granite.. heard that is 'black glaxy'.. expensive.. I know.. it pains me too to remove it.. but.. look how dark it is with only a few lights..

IMGP0084.jpg

IMGP0117.jpg

Kitchen.. not very big.. coz the old owner partition it into 2 parts.. one for kitchen.. one for a small study room..

IMGP0088.jpg

IMGP0087.jpg

Thanks Cyn... you are the first who viewed my t-blog.. :yamseng:

Congrats Yan!! :dancingqueen:

Hahaha... know what you mean y aging 10 years... My reno has not even started and I'm already getting that feeling :(

hahaha.. other than marrige.. found another thing that I wish to have only once in a life time... or .. I dun mind to have it 2nd time provided next time I can just tell someone.. manage the whole reno for me.. $$ is not the issue... I dun know what i want.. just design it and make sure i like it... :dribble::drunk: hahaha...

Continue posting pic... of the original hse..

Master room.. sis-in-law thought the hse is 20 yrs old judging from the design.. i reassure her that the whole building has only been built up for 10 years...

IMGP0123.jpg

IMGP0125.jpg

Master toilet.. everything must remove..

IMGP0133.jpg

Bed room 2 and 3.. look closely.. every room has false ceiling.. and they are different designs.. :jawdrop:

IMGP0127.jpg

IMGP0129.jpg

Well.. generally I think the hse looks much nicer from the pic.. :unsure:

hmm... just talked to the aircon contractor.. they gave a quote for system 3 aircon including compressor and bracket for 3 rooms at $3088... another system 3 with 2 indoor units and bracket for the living room at $2988..

still thinking whether I should install air con for the living room.. seems won't use it often.. and according to the size of my living room.. think it really takes a long long time to feel the cold air.. most importantly.. it might destory my feature wall's design...

hmm.. what does you guys think? Does anyone install aircon in the living room??

hmm... just talked to the aircon contractor.. they gave a quote for system 3 aircon including compressor and bracket for 3 rooms at $3088... another system 3 with 2 indoor units and bracket for the living room at $2988..

still thinking whether I should install air con for the living room.. seems won't use it often.. and according to the size of my living room.. think it really takes a long long time to feel the cold air.. most importantly.. it might destory my feature wall's design...

hmm.. what does you guys think? Does anyone install aircon in the living room??

Are you able to put 2 compressor outside?? I got myself a system 4 cos mine is a really old flat which doesn't have a air-con ledge so no choice.

From your pics, your unit seems to be on a high floor... Very windy?? Mine is on the 4th floor so decided to have one in the living room just in case it gets too warm

Are you able to put 2 compressor outside?? I got myself a system 4 cos mine is a really old flat which doesn't have a air-con ledge so no choice.

From your pics, your unit seems to be on a high floor... Very windy?? Mine is on the 4th floor so decided to have one in the living room just in case it gets too warm

Yeah.. I can put 2 compressors.. there are 2 ledges.. one outside the dining room window and the other is outside the master room window..

Yeah.. my unit is at high floor.. but it is not windy.. coz all the windows are facing west.. :( see the metal thing outside the window.. this is the No. 1 thing I want to remove from the hse yet cannot.. it is blocking half of the window's view.. 8|

IMGP0114.jpg

Yeah.. I can put 2 compressors.. there are 2 ledges.. one outside the dining room window and the other is outside the master room window..

Yeah.. my unit is at high floor.. but it is not windy.. coz all the windows are facing west.. :( see the metal thing outside the window.. this is the No. 1 thing I want to remove from the hse yet cannot.. it is blocking half of the window's view.. 8|

IMGP0114.jpg

For me, I'll go for air con in living and dining room since doing a major reno.. If not next time regret :bangwall: , very messy to do it when living in...

me spam chop too :dancingqueen:

it's such a waste to hack off the granite flooring

i love granite but can't have it due to budget constraint :dribble: :dribble:

btw, air-con $3,088 sounds a little expensive

even for a converter system 3 :dunno:

me spam chop too :dancingqueen:

it's such a waste to hack off the granite flooring

i love granite but can't have it due to budget constraint :dribble: :dribble:

btw, air-con $3,088 sounds a little expensive

even for a converter system 3 :dunno:

yeah.. it really pains me too to hack off the granite.. but.. comparing to turn on all the living room's light at 12 noon, I would rather hack it away.. no kidding.. 12 noon with light off in the living room.. i hv trouble walking around.. :bangwall: why din the ex owner chose another color for the granite~~~~ :bangwall:

$3088 including reinstalling the bracket.. we think it is expensive too.. Gain city quoted us for 2750 for the exact same model with bracket.. but we choose this contractor because he is the ID's contractor. Supposely easier to "work with to accormodate our design".. another thing is, his workmanship will be included in the 5-year's warranty of our reno.. anything goes wrong I can just pick up a phone to call my ID.. i just tell myself that i am paying 300+ extra for the additional 4 year warranty loh...

Edited by yan

wow......black granite!!!! nice nice leh!

abit wasted to hack away....

big hse leh.....how big is the area?

hope to see more nice nice pix. ;)

ya agree the floor really wasted leh...

as for the think blocking the window, i think its cos of ur window facing west, its meant to block out evening sun...