Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pinkpetter

The Home We've Been Looking Forward To

your parents quite modern eh? I always thot older people would cook to ensure healthy nutritious meals are on the table.

I feel older and more traditional than your parents :P ... I cook, my son & I sit down to meals together.. no TV, computer, reading during mealtimes. must have "how was your day" kind of conversation :D

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
your parents quite modern eh? I always thot older people would cook to ensure healthy nutritious meals are on the table.

I feel older and more traditional than your parents :P ... I cook, my son & I sit down to meals together.. no TV, computer, reading during mealtimes. must have "how was your day" kind of conversation :D

haha I rem CNY... We tossed Yu Sheng in the kitchen. Then my brother and I pulled some chairs to get ready to sit down and eat with my parents in the kitchen... Suddenly... my parents took bowls, scooped up some Yu sheng and ran to the living room to watch taiwanese Variety... leaving my bro and I sitting there staring at each other...

Whahahahahhaha :P certainly not your traditional family. :dancingqueen::dancingqueen:

When we were much much younger, we did have sit down dinners like yours.. but that was even before my brother was born. :)

haha I rem CNY... We tossed Yu Sheng in the kitchen. Then my brother and I pulled some chairs to get ready to sit down and eat with my parents in the kitchen... Suddenly... my parents took bowls, scooped up some Yu sheng and ran to the living room to watch taiwanese Variety... leaving my bro and I sitting there staring at each other...

hahahha! Ur description of ur parents.. so cute! Can just imagine them running with bowls to the living room. :P

cute parents! i think i know why ur sister also so candid! (reading from ur blog :notti: )

haha ya they are liddat... Sis is more "candid" than them though. :) She lingers around RT blogs. haha :)

haha ya they are liddat... Sis is more "candid" than them though. :) She lingers around RT blogs. haha :)

not only candid lor... she's very chio too! Her wedding pics make me drooll..

Ya la, her sister is so chio, i had to take a double take when i saw her wedding pics.

Although makeup is the effect of the beauty, her sister's features are the sharp accentuated type so much that she looks like a model in her PS.

I think I'm worse haha, 'cos I would gobble my dinner quite fast, in less than 10 min and I run back to the living room to watch tv as usual last time when I was a kid.

not only candid lor... she's very chio too! Her wedding pics make me drooll..

Ya la, her sister is so chio, i had to take a double take when i saw her wedding pics.

Although makeup is the effect of the beauty, her sister's features are the sharp accentuated type so much that she looks like a model in her PS.

I think I'm worse haha, 'cos I would gobble my dinner quite fast, in less than 10 min and I run back to the living room to watch tv as usual last time when I was a kid.

:sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

Yes yes she is very pretty! hehe then her photos make them look like celebrities. hehe.

My brother and I are constantly eating in front of our coms whilst my parents eat in front of TVs... mm maybe a dining area is really unnecessary :)

Haiz tell you all something..

Before we did our reno, my parents did ask a Shifu to come and see the house... he gave little suggestion cos he said our house was good for all of us etc..

Then recently he came again... NOW he suggested for us to move the aircon and he says that only my SISTER can cook using that hob!

Madness.

HUH??!??!!?

Finish reno already then say? How to shift the aircon and the hob now?!? its ridiculously leh. Y don't he say it BEFORE ur reno?

for that matter of fact, i'm also quite pissed off w all these FS beliefs sometimes. It only make things more complicated and inconvenience me so much so that it adds irritation more than improving my life.

My mum believes so much in it that she forbids the whole house to use MBR toilet. Now, 2 toilet is as gd as 1 toilet. 十万火急also cannot use. Crazy mother n FS......

Edited by mrspiglet

HUH??!??!!?

Finish reno already then say? How to shift the aircon and the hob now?!? its ridiculously leh. Y don't he say it BEFORE ur reno?

for that matter of fact, i'm also quite pissed off w all these FS beliefs sometimes. It only make things more complicated and inconvenience me so much so that it adds irritation more than improving my life.

My mum believes so much in it that she forbids the whole house to use MBR toilet. Now, 2 toilet is as gd as 1 toilet. 十万火急also cannot use. Crazy mother n FS......

I know what you mean... small things which has got to do with FS and it's aesthetically pleasing and it's practical I don't mind doing.. unpractical stuff like your MBR thing... I really think it's unpractical also.

Sigh now this aircon thing... my dad called ah soon today and he agreed to help us. But the hob cannot liao. :dunno:

this is so funny. somethings better not to know then to know.

But why did the shifu come again? uninvited? if invited, why invite? But it doesn't sound right to follow fengshui practices only if it is convenient and practical. It's like saying I'll practice being a Christian if it is convenient, the church is not too far, the services are at the right time etc

Anyway, Pinkpetter, u said your family members don't cook much, so not too big an issue right. Jus sometimes inconvenient. Surely there is something that can be done to counter the negative forces of someone else cooking?

Shift aircon quite a hassle, with trunking & wiring. But I think in the renovation industry, they sare very understanding about fengshui requirements. Far more sympathetic than if you jus say want to shift becos doesn't look nice.

I know what you mean... small things which has got to do with FS and it's aesthetically pleasing and it's practical I don't mind doing.. unpractical stuff like your MBR thing... I really think it's unpractical also.

Sigh now this aircon thing... my dad called ah soon today and he agreed to help us. But the hob cannot liao. :dunno:

Very nice of Ah Soon to agree to help u out w the aircon shifting! Hob, no choice lah. i think still can cook, just tt cannot cook often ba?

I personally dun think we shd relate FS to religion. It is not a religion afterall. I wouldnt mind pleasing my mum if it does not affect my life adversely, just to give her peace of mind. But given a choice, i rather not to know or follow or start blaming whatever comes into my life on bad FS.

Having said that, no offences to those who r into FS. Its just a cup of tea that doesnt belong to me. :)

Very nice of Ah Soon to agree to help u out w the aircon shifting! Hob, no choice lah. i think still can cook, just tt cannot cook often ba?

I personally dun think we shd relate FS to religion. It is not a religion afterall. I wouldnt mind pleasing my mum if it does not affect my life adversely, just to give her peace of mind. But given a choice, i rather not to know or follow or start blaming whatever comes into my life on bad FS.

Having said that, no offences to those who r into FS. Its just a cup of tea that doesnt belong to me. :)

ya tats v nice of him...FOC ya?

anywae ah soon told us tat pinkpetter oso v nice to him..her dad buy lunch for his workers everydae... :good:

we oso didnt engage a FS master cos we are afraid of the suggestions by FS master which may require alot of work & $$..

ya tats v nice of him...FOC ya?

anywae ah soon told us tat pinkpetter oso v nice to him..her dad buy lunch for his workers everydae... :good:

we oso didnt engage a FS master cos we are afraid of the suggestions by FS master which may require alot of work & $$..

ya.. even jason also rembr "xiao mei" everyday go up the house.. :bow:

same thing, for that reason, we also decided not to go with FS but rather convenience n to our lifestyle preference. Afterall he can say all he wants n no one can validate the truth. Furthermore, FS for individual changes every X no. of yrs, if i'm not wrong. i've notice diff FS master say diff things one... so who to believe?

i think pinkpetter must be pulling out her hair now becos of the hob thingy... :unsure: