Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pinkpetter

The Home We've Been Looking Forward To

The actual cost of the area + stamp fees + some admin fees = $1900. All payable by CPF.

Then I have to pay my lawyers, the bank's lawyers and CPF lawyers... I don't know how much that will be.

THEN we have to pay power supply and all the others to move their things out (meters and stuff) = a few hundred.

:) KA CHING... $$$$

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Can send it via parcel? Not sure if your sis is really going to lug it back from TW cos there will be charges for extra weight to the luggage. Yeah mine's particular but I don't need to buy the shirts myself 'cos he will choose himself unless we both agree on the colour and the shirt .

My hub had a few shirts done at Mr Personality, located at Peninsula Plaza, either 3rd or 4th floor. Have many good reviews on Mr Personality online before if I remember right. 1 normal work shirt is about 70sgd but if with cuffs for cufflinks, its 90sgd. Haven't been there in a while since last year so I am not sure if the price is still the same or gone up since this year? You're so lucky that you don't need to iron your guy's shirts.

PS: Pastel pink colour shirts look nice! Maybe yours can try chocolate/brown shades as the next black colour. :D

I can imagine! mm My mom wants this turning thing.. I can't rem the chinese name. In big temples in Taiwan and China they have this turning thing with teachings carved on them. The cylinders keep turning throughout the day. My Mom saw a miniature frosted glass version in someone's house and now insists that someone must buy it and cart it back from TW for her.. it's 60kg. I seriously don't know how my sis is going to do it. :P

hahah your hubby is so particular too???! And I thought mine is one of a kind. Thankfully he has a maid. The last time he asked me to iron, he looked at the ironed shirt, stared at me, asked me to go to bed and he did it himself. WHAHAHAHA I was never asked to iron ever again. :) I agree on the tailor-made part. Where does your man have his done?

Edited by BunBun

Can send it via parcel? Not sure if your sis is really going to lug it back from TW cos there will be charges for extra weight to the luggage. Yeah mine's particular but I don't need to buy the shirts myself 'cos he will choose himself unless we both agree on the colour and the shirt .

My hub had a few shirts done at Mr Personality, located at Peninsula Plaza, either 3rd or 4th floor. Have many good reviews on Mr Personality online before if I remember right. 1 normal work shirt is about 70sgd but if with cuffs for cufflinks, its 90sgd. Haven't been there in a while since last year so I am not sure if the price is still the same or gone up since this year? You're so lucky that you don't need to iron your guy's shirts.

PS: Pastel pink colour shirts look nice! Maybe yours can try chocolate/brown shades as the next black colour. :D

Mm I think mom did suggest that also. To ship it over. But that would cause a second headache for my sister, to find cost and whatever.

haha you're lucky you needn't buy. These days he tries to find some from China on his own too but he still likes his shirts in a certain way I guess.

Thanks for that contact!! I'll bring him to be measured there. 90 is not expensive, considering I have to run all over the world for $120-$150++ shirt.

And he won't wear other colours. He has a red T-shirt, a red shirt and a red chinese costume, which are all reserved for CNY and moving house. He's very traditional and will bug everyone to wear red/pink for CNY. Other than that he wears black and white inside out every day. He doesn't have jeans. :)

Guess the pink/chocolate is for myself. haha

Wah seh, so much trouble just to buy a small space. Haiz, HDB should make it really ez for us to buy, as they'll earn extra money that way woh. And since it's such a small amount, they should just let us pay in full via cpf or cash, without the need to re-mortgage again. Save everyone the trouble and extra cost to hire the lawyers again. :(

Wah seh, so much trouble just to buy a small space. Haiz, HDB should make it really ez for us to buy, as they'll earn extra money that way woh. And since it's such a small amount, they should just let us pay in full via cpf or cash, without the need to re-mortgage again. Save everyone the trouble and extra cost to hire the lawyers again. :(

The thing is.. we can pay in full via CPF or Cash.. but the mortgage needs to be changed as the area under mortgage has been changed.

Technically it is beneficial for the bank as NOW the area under them is larger but they needn't lend us money for it.

URGH but they are still so slow.

ahhh?? area chge also need to amend the whole loan? I think its a waste of time, money, energy n resources leh!

Ya. But my mom really wants. And she was super happy when my dad gave in. And my sister has agreed. So I shall follow. :) You know la. This house is for them. :)

Ya. But my mom really wants. And she was super happy when my dad gave in. And my sister has agreed. So I shall follow. :) You know la. This house is for them. :)

haha! i can imagine the look on ur mum's face when u guys agreed. But i still think the SOP is really horrible. Y cannot just pay cash n amend the floorspace, instead of going thru sooo many lawyers/bank/hdb for approval. *shrugs*

haha! i can imagine the look on ur mum's face when u guys agreed. But i still think the SOP is really horrible. Y cannot just pay cash n amend the floorspace, instead of going thru sooo many lawyers/bank/hdb for approval. *shrugs*

I really how she psychoed my dad to agree. He was so adamant about the whole thing because he said that if we buy the space the main door would be facing the lift. The wonders of a naggy wife. She probably nagged him every night.

aiyoh such a complicated process...

We were also shocked at the process, so sharing it here will help everyone know what a horror it is to try to buy the recess if you took a bank loan. I wish someone could tell me what happens if they took HDB loan. Maybe it's like WAY much simpler.

A man must look cool but it's NOT cool to be wearing black and white all the time. It totally defeats the purpose of being "smartly dressed". What works for him may be a safe-proof method but he will become super boring in the long run. What you can do is to compliment him alot on what colour suits him, should work if he is confident enough to try out others.

No problem about the contact. The tailor shop got alot of clothing samples you both can look and your guy can discuss with the tailor how he likes it done. One good thing about the tailor is that he is good with the measurements and need little prodding as he will ask your preference this and that.

Your mum must have worked on your dad's EQ part de. :o

Mm I think mom did suggest that also. To ship it over. But that would cause a second headache for my sister, to find cost and whatever.

haha you're lucky you needn't buy. These days he tries to find some from China on his own too but he still likes his shirts in a certain way I guess.

Thanks for that contact!! I'll bring him to be measured there. 90 is not expensive, considering I have to run all over the world for $120-$150++ shirt.

And he won't wear other colours. He has a red T-shirt, a red shirt and a red chinese costume, which are all reserved for CNY and moving house. He's very traditional and will bug everyone to wear red/pink for CNY. Other than that he wears black and white inside out every day. He doesn't have jeans. :)

Guess the pink/chocolate is for myself. haha

A man must look cool but it's NOT cool to be wearing black and white all the time. It totally defeats the purpose of being "smartly dressed". What works for him may be a safe-proof method but he will become super boring in the long run. What you can do is to compliment him alot on what colour suits him, should work if he is confident enough to try out others.

No problem about the contact. The tailor shop got alot of clothing samples you both can look and your guy can discuss with the tailor how he likes it done. One good thing about the tailor is that he is good with the measurements and need little prodding as he will ask your preference this and that.

Your mum must have worked on your dad's EQ part de. :o

haha But he's been like this since he was in Primary School! Even his parents can't change anything. They've given up completely. As for me, if I get him anything coloured, it will find its way to the depths of his closet! He just wouldn't. In his words, he will "kill the bunny ears" if I get him anything coloured. He even thinks for a long long long time, if the logo of the polo is coloured.

The tailor does sound good. I'll check him out in May! Thanks dear!

The thing is.. we can pay in full via CPF or Cash.. but the mortgage needs to be changed as the area under mortgage has been changed.

Technically it is beneficial for the bank as NOW the area under them is larger but they needn't lend us money for it.

URGH but they are still so slow.

Mah fan man. Still gota change the mortgage just cuz the area changed. :bangwall: