Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pinkpetter

The Home We've Been Looking Forward To

haha thats right! looking forward to our meeting with uncle soon's brother tonight and to see hw much he quote us ..

That day i was talking to him and he mentioned that he just hired 2 of his friends from Malaysia to help him with all the quotation stuff. I would supposed, most probably would be one of them instead of his brothers. He told me that his elder brother is not interested, and Jason can be easily stressed out so he won't give him that as well.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

pet u shifting the PUB meter huh? Uncle also suggest I shift mine to make space for a full ht shoe cabinet at my recess area. He ask me to call PUB. Is it the right procedure to call PUB?

That day i was talking to him and he mentioned that he just hired 2 of his friends from Malaysia to help him with all the quotation stuff. I would supposed, most probably would be one of them instead of his brothers. He told me that his elder brother is not interested, and Jason can be easily stressed out so he won't give him that as well.

orhh

hope they're as good and easy to talk to as uncle soon *prays*

orhh

haha, that one i dunno. But guess if you keep bugging them, and if u r not happy with their quotes, maybe can get a second opinion from he himself?

Haha, I asked Native02 for Ah Soon's contact before I started my renos too. But was told that he's very very busy during CNY that time, and won't have time for my reno. That's why I didn't engage him. ;)

MmM I rem when I asked Native02 I practically begged and I explained my entire situation to him. At that time, Native's reno was coming to an end and it wasn't so near CNY yet so maybe that's why Native gave it to me... mm

pet u shifting the PUB meter huh? Uncle also suggest I shift mine to make space for a full ht shoe cabinet at my recess area. He ask me to call PUB. Is it the right procedure to call PUB?

whahaha Uncle suppose to call PUB for you. :P PUB will not entertain owners. They will only speak to Contractors. But you can try. Call and try to ask what needs to be done. Cos most of the people speak English and you would understand better. Then translate to uncle. Then PUB will send people down to move it for you. But that will cost some money wor.

Really a lot of process just to buy the recess area .. hopefully everything will be approved soon :)

I'm hoping soon also. Going to bug HDB again. urgh

orhh

I hope so for you too. But I think if Uncle Soon "hires" them to help then they should be ok too. :) Tell us about them! :)

haha, that one i dunno. But guess if you keep bugging them, and if u r not happy with their quotes, maybe can get a second opinion from he himself?

haha I agree. :P

whahaha Uncle suppose to call PUB for you. :P PUB will not entertain owners. They will only speak to Contractors. But you can try. Call and try to ask what needs to be done. Cos most of the people speak English and you would understand better. Then translate to uncle. Then PUB will send people down to move it for you. But that will cost some money wor.

uncle bully me!! uncle say free... u know roughly how much or not huh?

uncle bully me!! uncle say free... u know roughly how much or not huh?

EH? no la.. I have to shift all these things because I'm buying my recess too so I know that shifting all will come up to about $700-$900 (someone here told me that) I don't know how much shifting one will cost... :)

He won't charge you (free on his side) But PUB will? cos PUB's people shifting. :)

Edited by pinkpetter

MmM I rem when I asked Native02 I practically begged and I explained my entire situation to him. At that time, Native's reno was coming to an end and it wasn't so near CNY yet so maybe that's why Native gave it to me... mm

Haha! Oh well, I guess I'm not fated to have Ah Soon as my contractor. :P

Haha! Oh well, I guess I'm not fated to have Ah Soon as my contractor. :P

:) No matter.. Yeak did a great job too! I think both contractors are good. :)

:) No matter.. Yeak did a great job too! I think both contractors are good. :)

Haha, true true. ;) How's ur recess area coming along? I rem u said CPF ok liao. I wana see ur recess area with the pretty foyer tiles leh....

Haha, true true. ;) How's ur recess area coming along? I rem u said CPF ok liao. I wana see ur recess area with the pretty foyer tiles leh....

mm CPF ready, HDB has all the documents already.. but they made Ah Soon run to and fro three trips to submit the "moving of supplies" plan. haiz

Hopefully everything will be done this week. :)

I also want to see my nice recess up with a big shoe cabinet to comfortably put my shoes soon...

Edited by pinkpetter

hi pink,

hopefully your process is coming along fine....

how big is the recess area anyway?

what are you planning to do with it beside your big big shoe cabinet hehe?

Edited by xherion

hi xherion...

We'll be using it to house our shoes (current cabinet not enough for so many people), bicycles and blades (which are currently in the living room), my mom's plants and a foldable laundry thingy for emergencies. :)

Renovation works include..

1) Level up the recess to the same height as our home and tile with the foyer tiles.

2) move out the door and gate

3) build sliding windows

4) Build a full height shoe cabinet

5) Build a small stool for wearing shoes

6) Boxing up of pipe.

7) Light and doorbell

8) Painting of area