Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
luckable

Our 3rm Flat @ Chong Pang

wah 130k is a dam gd deal

i love chong pang nasi lemak!!

good luck to ur reno

btw maybe can go look around for designs that u like

if u got some ideas in mind, no need ID!

hehe

just get a reliable contractor

got some that are recommended by the forummers here

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
wah 130k is a dam gd deal

i love chong pang nasi lemak!!

good luck to ur reno

btw maybe can go look around for designs that u like

if u got some ideas in mind, no need ID!

hehe

just get a reliable contractor

got some that are recommended by the forummers here

$130k is ok lah.. Dunno will hv loan sharks come disturb or not... Sometimes cheap doesn't means gd.. Heard from the HDB ppl, they say previous owner owe HDB money.. Skali they also owe Ah Long money also.. :help::help::help: Now hope can get the AHG.. Our household income only $2500 coz my wife declare not working.. If can get $15k grant den ho seh liao... :sport-smiley-018::sport-smiley-018::sport-smiley-018: Means the flat is only $115k.. :P If my AHG approve on Oct, anyone noe when i can sign the lease and get the keys ??? :yamseng:

$130k is ok lah.. Dunno will hv loan sharks come disturb or not... Sometimes cheap doesn't means gd.. Heard from the HDB ppl, they say previous owner owe HDB money.. Skali they also owe Ah Long money also.. :help::help::help: Now hope can get the AHG.. Our household income only $2500 coz my wife declare not working.. If can get $15k grant den ho seh liao... :sport-smiley-018::sport-smiley-018::sport-smiley-018: Means the flat is only $115k.. :P If my AHG approve on Oct, anyone noe when i can sign the lease and get the keys ??? :yamseng:

If i am not wrong, the grant you need to repay back to HDB if you sell your flat next time.

Any forumers, please corect me if I am wrong. :dunno:

If i am not wrong, the grant you need to repay back to HDB if you sell your flat next time.

Any forumers, please corect me if I am wrong. :dunno:

Ya, after taking grant, considered this is ur 1st HDB purchase, mean next time u wanna buy HDB NEW flat is Upgrader liao, not 1st timer. And when take new flat next flat, u need to 'return' the grant as levy. think for 3 rm is 30K (nt too sure, mine was 4rm, paid 40k :() SUPER BO HUA!!

Imagine u bought at mkt value liao leh, still kanna the levy.

For those 1st timer bought HDB new flat, oso will kanna levy in their 2nd new flat purchase.

BUT hor, ppl paid lower than mkt value price for the 1st flat leh, oredi got earn when sold, so levy is still not too siong... so u see lah... where got fair to those buy resales de... make ppl tot got grant, very happy but the real suffering sink in later... very angry :curse:

ok. ok.. me cool down :sport-smiley-018:

so, IMHO, if u can afford the monthly repayment for 130k, try NOT to take grant.

else u will get 'penalised' in the next purchase.

Buy resales now, abt 2.5 yrs can sell liao. (even u both r nt thinking to sell so fast)

by then u can apply for new flats... ballot ballot ballot (take ur time, relax)

until have lah. cos u will still consider as 1st timer. HIGHER chance leh (90%)

Please, please dont b like me :(

me that time no one advise me... even my parents oso blur blur de... sigh... now suffer. :(

Ya, after taking grant, considered this is ur 1st HDB purchase, mean next time u wanna buy HDB NEW flat is Upgrader liao, not 1st timer. And when take new flat next flat, u need to 'return' the grant as levy. think for 3 rm is 30K (nt too sure, mine was 4rm, paid 40k :() SUPER BO HUA!!

Imagine u bought at mkt value liao leh, still kanna the levy.

For those 1st timer bought HDB new flat, oso will kanna levy in their 2nd new flat purchase.

BUT hor, ppl paid lower than mkt value price for the 1st flat leh, oredi got earn when sold, so levy is still not too siong... so u see lah... where got fair to those buy resales de... make ppl tot got grant, very happy but the real suffering sink in later... very angry :curse:

ok. ok.. me cool down :sport-smiley-018:

so, IMHO, if u can afford the monthly repayment for 130k, try NOT to take grant.

else u will get 'penalised' in the next purchase.

Buy resales now, abt 2.5 yrs can sell liao. (even u both r nt thinking to sell so fast)

by then u can apply for new flats... ballot ballot ballot (take ur time, relax)

until have lah. cos u will still consider as 1st timer. HIGHER chance leh (90%)

Please, please dont b like me :(

me that time no one advise me... even my parents oso blur blur de... sigh... now suffer. :(

Hi, u mean after 5 or 10yrs later if i sell my flat, i still nd to return the money to HDB ? If the AHG is $15k, i just pay back the $15k? I only noe if nxt time we buy new flat from HDB only can buy 4 room.. Pls advise.. :yamseng:

Hi,

is yours the last floor, your ceiling looks high.

Mine is 9th floor.. Highest floor.. U mean those below the ceiling not so high?? :unsure:

Mine is 9th floor.. Highest floor.. U mean those below the ceiling not so high?? :unsure:

ya. highest floor is usually higher ceiling. like mine. ard 2.85m as compared to de usual 2.4m even though mine blk only 4 floor high :(

btw, i think urs i AHG different fr de first timer grant leh. AHG need return one meh? i oso abit confused. maybe can check with HDB?

aiya dun worry la :bath:

loan sharks will realize that the previous owner run liao

and they will nt disturb u :bangwall:

ah Long also scared HDB la

:notti:

Not true...

I heard fr ppl who know these ah long, sometime, the 'head' changes or the 'smaller head' run away fr the 'big head', or join another gang, else 'sold' those unclaim debts to other ah long..... etc.... and what happen?

Other ah long's brothers will be trying their luck in trying to collect back those bad debts... and will only know this address.....

That is why we always see reports in papers of ppl trouble by ah long... even though they are not the one owe $$$.

Maybe can check with hdb how long the flat been vacant, if 2 years then loan shark also forget already.

Hi guys,

$34k to redo the whole hse is it really alot ?? Maybe is my fault coz when ID ask me how much is ur Budget i say not more den $30k.. Den all quote me $34k to $40k wan.. :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop: I saw ppl's 3rm reno only $27k leh.. Ok, this is one of the quotes.. All the things we nd to do..

Demolition Works

1) To hack off existing floor tiles for living,store room and 2 bedrooms - $650

2) To hack off existing wall finish @ Kitchen - $380

3) To hack off existing floor tiles @ Kitchen - $200

4) To hack off existing wall finish @ 2 Toilets - $350

5) To hack off existing floor tiles @ 2 Toilets - $160

6) To hack off door frame and door for 2 Bedrooms - $120

7) To hack away storeroom - ???

8) Haulage/Loading and unloading of material - $650

9) Clearing of debris under renovation - $300

Est Total - $2810

Masonry Works

1) To supply and lay 600mm x 600mm polished homogeneous tiles with skirting for living/dining,store room and 2 bedrooms only. (Tiles price up to $3.10psf)(Area -680sqft) - $4200

2) To supply and install new 3ft x 7ft solid naytoh doors frame for 2 bedrooms and storeroom - $480 (Haven deduct price for storeroom)

3) To supply and lay 12" x 12" unpolished homogeneous tiles for kitchen flooring - $900

4) To do water proofing for kitchen floor - $180

5) To supply and lay wall tiles for kitchen walls (Except those behind kitchen cabinet) - $2100

6) To construct cabinet base with side tiles - $120

7) To construct fridge and washing machine base with tiles - $180

8) To supply and lay ceramic/homogeneous wall tiles for 2 toilets - $2200

9) Toilet Flooring - $700

10) To do water proofing for 2 toilets floor - $160

11) To supply and install new stainless steel rubbish chute - $180

12) We nd to box up the pipes for 2 toilets - ???

Est Total - $11400

Aluminium/Timber/Glass Works

1) To supply and install 2nos of white powdered coated aluminium bi doors for 2 toilets - $400

2) To supply and install 3ft x 7ft wrought iron gate for main entrance - $420

3) To supply and install design 3ft x 7ft veneer doors c/w stainless steel lever handles for 2 bedroom and storeroom - $1050 (Nd to deduct the storeroom one)

4) To supply and install 1 set of design 3ft x 7ft veneer main door c/w lock set for main entrance - $650

5) To supply and install aluminium bronze/sliver frame c/w tinted glass casement windows for whole house except 2 bathrooms (Area -104sqft) - $1560

6) To supply and install aluminium bronze/sliver frame windows grilles for whole house except 2 bathrooms (Area -104sqft) - $720

7) To supply and install 2 sets of aluminium louver windows c/w wire glass for 2 bathrooms - $280

8) We nd shower screen - $???

9) Glass Door for MBR Toilet - $???

Est Total - $5080

Plumbing Works

1) Whole house change to stainless steel pipes - $520

2) To supply labour only to install 2 nos toilet bowls - $180

3) To supply labour only to install 2 nos wash basins - $120

4) To supply labour only to install kitchen sinkl including connection of inlet and outlet pipe - $80

5) To supply labour only to install 2 nos water heater - $120

6) To supply and install washing machine tap - $30

7) To supply labour to install 2 spray jet for 2 bathrooms - $40

8) To supply labour to install 2 set of bathroom acc 2 bathrooms - $80

Est Total - $1170

Cornices/Painting Works

1) To supply and install L-Shape false ceiling c/w cove lighting at foyer and living room - $1200

2) Painting for whole house using ICI/Nippon paint including all frames and piping - $1000

3) Plastering for whole house and ceiling except those with tiles - $1500

Est Total -$3700

Capentry Works Kitchen

1) To design and fabricate a top & bottom kitchen cabinet, finish in laminate with solid plywood, include handles,drawers,cutlery trays and 2 nos glass doors(L-32.5ft) - $3250

2) To supply and install solid surface(Brand Cresto) for kitchen cabinet work top(L 16ft) - $1120

Bedrooms

1) To design and fabricate full ht build in wardrobe finish in laminate c/w sliding doors for master bedroom (L-6ft x full ht) - $1380

Est Total - $5750

Miscellaneous

1) To lay protection cardboard for living and 2 bedrooms - $150

2) Acid washing and general cleaning for whole house - $180

Total - $30240 ( Exclude Electrical Works ) :help::help::help:

Hi guys,

$34k to redo the whole hse is it really alot ?? Maybe is my fault coz when ID ask me how much is ur Budget i say not more den $30k.. Den all quote me $34k to $40k wan.. :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop: I saw ppl's 3rm reno only $27k leh.. Ok, this is one of the quotes.. All the things we nd to do..

Demolition Works

Est Total - $2810

Masonry Works

Est Total - $11400

for these two you can actually go for those resale package

i believe total will be cheaper than what is quoted

3) To supply and install design 3ft x 7ft veneer doors c/w stainless steel lever handles for 2 bedroom and storeroom - $1050 (Nd to deduct the storeroom one) - average $350 per door without frame :jawdrop:

5) To supply and install aluminium bronze/sliver frame c/w tinted glass casement windows for whole house except 2 bathrooms (Area -104sqft) - $1560 - mine was $900 for 9 panels :notti:

Est Total - $5080

Plumbing Works

2) To supply labour only to install 2 nos toilet bowls - $180 (think you can get cheaper labour outside)

3) To supply labour only to install 2 nos wash basins - $120 (ditto toilet bowls)

4) To supply labour only to install kitchen sinkl including connection of inlet and outlet pipe - $80

8) To supply labour to install 2 set of bathroom acc 2 bathrooms - $80 my contractor did it for free!

Est Total - $1170

Hi guys,

Demolition Works

1) To hack off existing floor tiles for living,store room and 2 bedrooms - $650

2) To hack off existing wall finish @ Kitchen - $380

3) To hack off existing floor tiles @ Kitchen - $200

4) To hack off existing wall finish @ 2 Toilets - $350

5) To hack off existing floor tiles @ 2 Toilets - $160

6) To hack off door frame and door for 2 Bedrooms - $120

7) To hack away storeroom - ???

8) Haulage/Loading and unloading of material - $650

9) Clearing of debris under renovation - $300

Est Total - $2810

Masonry Works

1) To supply and lay 600mm x 600mm polished homogeneous tiles with skirting for living/dining,store room and 2 bedrooms only. (Tiles price up to $3.10psf)(Area -680sqft) - $4200

2) To supply and install new 3ft x 7ft solid naytoh doors frame for 2 bedrooms and storeroom - $480 (Haven deduct price for storeroom)

3) To supply and lay 12" x 12" unpolished homogeneous tiles for kitchen flooring - $900

4) To do water proofing for kitchen floor - $180

5) To supply and lay wall tiles for kitchen walls (Except those behind kitchen cabinet) - $2100

6) To construct cabinet base with side tiles - $120

7) To construct fridge and washing machine base with tiles - $180

8) To supply and lay ceramic/homogeneous wall tiles for 2 toilets - $2200

9) Toilet Flooring - $700

10) To do water proofing for 2 toilets floor - $160

11) To supply and install new stainless steel rubbish chute - $180

12) We nd to box up the pipes for 2 toilets - ???

Est Total - $11400

1) To supply and install 2nos of white powdered coated aluminium bi doors for 2 toilets - $400

2) To supply and install 3ft x 7ft wrought iron gate for main entrance - $420

3) To supply and install design 3ft x 7ft veneer doors c/w stainless steel lever handles for 2 bedroom and storeroom - $1050 (Nd to deduct the storeroom one)

4) To supply and install 1 set of design 3ft x 7ft veneer main door c/w lock set for main entrance - $650

5) To supply and install aluminium bronze/sliver frame c/w tinted glass casement windows for whole house except 2 bathrooms (Area -104sqft) - $1560

6) To supply and install aluminium bronze/sliver frame windows grilles for whole house except 2 bathrooms (Area -104sqft) - $720

7) To supply and install 2 sets of aluminium louver windows c/w wire glass for 2 bathrooms - $280

8) We nd shower screen - $???

9) Glass Door for MBR Toilet - $???

Est Total - $5080

Plumbing Works

2) To supply labour only to install 2 nos toilet bowls - $180

3) To supply labour only to install 2 nos wash basins - $120

8) To supply labour to install 2 set of bathroom acc 2 bathrooms - $80

Est Total - $1170

Cornices/Painting Works

1) To supply and install L-Shape false ceiling c/w cove lighting at foyer and living room - $1200

2) Painting for whole house using ICI/Nippon paint including all frames and piping - $1000

3) Plastering for whole house and ceiling except those with tiles - $1500

Est Total -$3700

Capentry Works Kitchen

1) To design and fabricate a top & bottom kitchen cabinet, finish in laminate with solid plywood, include handles,drawers,cutlery trays and 2 nos glass doors(L-32.5ft) - $3250

2) To supply and install solid surface(Brand Cresto) for kitchen cabinet work top(L 16ft) - $1120

Bedrooms

1) To design and fabricate full ht build in wardrobe finish in laminate c/w sliding doors for master bedroom (L-6ft x full ht) - $1380

Est Total - $5750

Miscellaneous

1) To lay protection cardboard for living and 2 bedrooms - $150

2) Acid washing and general cleaning for whole house - $180

Think if the ID is honest, doesn't really matter what budget you mention la. I've mentioned 25k budget to the IDs I've been to and they end up all quoting above 30+k like yours too. :bangwall:

Maybe you can find the ID you're most comfortable with and negotiate on the pricing and specs to see how you can fit into the budget? That's what I did. Electrical wiring best to find someone else to do instead of ID as they will mark up due to middle man fees.