Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
saeran

-our Own Court @ Membina-

Hello Folks & Fellow Neighours @ Jln Membina

(Loads of Photos- Please let them load)

Our renovation is finally completed! (Sort of)

Took like 9 months to get it done. Hehehe...(Period = Dec 07 till Sept08)

Not that we are in a hurry anyway :)

Feel free to comment and ask qns on our reno path. Will be glad to share.

Here are some photos of our house... (Pardon the different sizes though)

bare.jpg

BARE-NESS : state of house before love and thought is given to it.

Initially, we had wanted to go for Modern (no classic) theme/design. Baby/HTB thinks that the classic part is a bit too 'old' and expensive for us.

Okay! Modern theme then. Let's see what's our end product in the later part of this entry.

Door.jpg

Main Door = The doors for our house are the same throughout. Nice doors. Like condo ones, as I always say. Haha.. But hor, even the toilet doors are of the same pattern.

Dining.jpg

How to eat like that? Max at 1.6m Length of Dining table. SIGH.

Bedroom%20door.jpg

Yes, bedroom door. (again) Nice right? Currently top in my list of "THINGS I LIKE ABOUT MY HOUSE".

Kitchen.jpg

Next, is our gloomy kitchen. Really gloomy right? No sign of sunlight at all.

Edited by saeran

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Common%20toilet.jpg

:bath: Surprisingly, our toilets are very big. Too big. Was always lamenting how good it will be if the extra area could be put into good use at our living area.

We went to do a mock up of our dining and living area, ie: using masking tape to ‘draw’ out the max space we have. So sad. The more we mock, the more constraints we think we have.

MOCK.jpg

Think I will invite only models into my house. Fat is out.

So I can tell you, 不是我家小, 是你胖!!

Some ideas which came up during our reno progress...

FC.jpg

This is what I call epitome of Modern Classic.

white%20cushion.jpg

This is what I want.

dining%20bench.jpg

As you can see, the dining bench is a MUST DO for me.

congrats!! :dancingqueen:

Nice bedroom doors that u have.. how much is it ah??

Hello Celestial, it came with the flat we are paying for. If you wish, you may show your ID/contractor the photo of this door. My friend did it too. Should be able to find something similar. Good Luck!

headboard.jpg

Another MUST DO. MBR Headboard.

These photos are taken off ID/reno magazines.

splendor.jpg

I like the designs I see at this site. Very classic.

First thing up: Our 'Gloomy' Kitchen

kitchen1.jpg

Preview of kitchen, yes, white laminates.

kitchen2.jpg

kitchen3.jpg

View of Kitchen from Foyer.

Works was then partially done for the kitchen. Real disappointing that the laminates looks wavy. Yah, perils of choosing glossy laminates for kitchen.

oh geez....i chose a glossy laminate as well...aim was to have light bounce off them in all sorts of unchartered angles to make the kitchen look bigger...now you've gotten me worried.

Work in progress then...

SCREED.jpg

FLOORING1.jpg

FLOORING2.jpg

LIGHTING%20POINTS.jpg

LIGHTING%20POINTS2.jpg

Aircon, ceiling and paint works in progress. Excited to see the end product?

ceiling.jpg

The base of the false ceiling.

cove1.jpg

living%20cove.jpg

Living room cove ceilings. 是美的。

4ft.jpg

4FT box up **** room. Saeran’s idea. Made both of us **** happy. Makes the living room looks bigger!

aircon.jpg

Aircon location at the living room. Too Long.

oh geez....i chose a glossy laminate as well...aim was to have light bounce off them in all sorts of unchartered angles to make the kitchen look bigger...now you've gotten me worried.

Hello honeyclub, you need to remind your contractor/ID to do a good job. Also, choose a thicker type of laminate. Thicker = More Expensive. We din't go for the thicker type then. That's the result.

long.jpg

View from kitchen. Yes, my living room looks **** big hor? 哈哈!

foyer%20velvet.jpg

Foyer - half painted with Velvet Dream. Colour same as our MBR.

living%20cove1.jpg

mbrcove.jpg

MBR cove area. Dreamy…~~

We went to countless shops and numerous trips to Jalan Besar, Balestier... in search of the ultimate lights for our house. Very tiring and frustrating, when you see expensive lightings and wonder why are they so ex in the first place?

Baby likes our house to have a lot of lights. He wants it to be a 'Lights Gallery' -_-

dininglight.jpg

Beautiful. Can’t stop thinking about this even as we went around 8-10 shops.

I must buy this!

Something like; “This is so saeran lorh!”

Happiness :)

As our living room will be facing the afternoon sun, it is very important that we choose the RIGHT direction to place the TV. Else, the distracting reflections will certainly piss me off.

Let’s get to the floor…

kilat1.jpg

kilat2.jpg

Super Shiny floor! Saeran likes!

We took a very very long time and effort to decide on the laminates for our house. Our friends actually took part in it also. Think this was during Feb time frame.

Baby and myself too went personally down to the office/factory one day to take samples (big pieces) and talk to the sales in charge.

Some of you may ask why don't you leave it to your ID? Well, we din't have an ID. We used contractor.

Anyway, we love this process during renovation. Nerve wrecking cos scared choose the wrong laminates. But the final product is the result of work we did! More on laminates later.

Okay, to the rooms.

rooms.jpg

room4.jpg

Think our house is slowly morphing into Moroccan style.

shakirabb.jpg

The 4ft box up is ready! Seen with my Shakira Dining Lamp.

estate.jpg

Okay. Back to Kitchen Talk.

kitchentop.jpg

The granite top is up. Baby absolutely loves this. Even though I thought that white counter top will look better. But WHITE (AGAIN?) - it might stop all of us from cooking - totally. hehehe.

kitchentop2.jpg

kitchentop1.jpg

You see how sparkling it is? It always reminded me of some toilet in the hotels/shopping complex.

i better flap the laminate to test it's thickness and your floors very shiny loooorrrr. Great welcome to Marrakesh

Hehe..Think is better to ask your ID/Contractor to confirm for you. So that in any case, they have the responsibility to ensure nothing goes wrong to your laminates!

how's de color of velvet dream? i'm using it for the wall behind my bedhead in my mbr. i hope it turns out good.

btw, i'm waiting to c all ur carpentary wk. shuld be pretty impressive. how much u spend on the reno?

Next...Our Feature Wall!

featureliving.jpg

Okay, finally —- another progress in our home! Feature wall **** room. Awesome. We actually thought that it will be the wrong choice when I first saw the un-finished feature. But ****, it was a beauty. Subtle beauty.

featurembr.jpg

The 2nd feature wall @ our MBR. The prints and colours of the laminate matched our wall colours (Velvet Dream - from Nippon) well.

featurembr2.jpg

Another view. No, the right side of the feature wall is not for displaying items. That’s unfinished feature wall. Need another set as the max one piece of laminate can go is 4ft x 8ft. (Impt to note when designing feature walls, folks. That’s the reason why most feature wall needs some designs. Not cause the owner wants it that way -_-)

mbrtvstrip.jpg

There you have it. TV @ MBR is up! Though nothing much can be said about the resolution of LCD TVs, the TV just fits perfectly well inside the allocated cut out on the feature wall.

mbrtv3.jpg

Close up of the floral laminates we have got for the wall. Some bridal house is using the pure white ones. Nice too.

Edited by saeran

how's de color of velvet dream? i'm using it for the wall behind my bedhead in my mbr. i hope it turns out good.

btw, i'm waiting to c all ur carpentary wk. shuld be pretty impressive. how much u spend on the reno?

Hello mwerkz.. velvet dream is definitely the colour to go for in MBR! Super cozy. You should be able to see it in my posts now. :)

No regrets man.

We spent SGD21K on the reno. This includes the lighting points. Which is reasonable because we have a LOT of lights!

Nice! Keep the pictures coming. :P

Hello Angel81..okay..more photos coming up. BTW, what you waiting for as mentioned in your signature? hehehe.. any tblog to share?

Edited by saeran

Meanwhile, some photos which tells you our initial choices….

lamisample.jpg

Actually, the choice is quite a clear cut decision on the floral laminates.

Photos taken with handphone, thus the inconsistencies in the wall colour.

lamisampleliving.jpg

I love this living room laminates which we had chose!

And I think everyone should try this method which we did. You never know till you try.

One of my wish list then:...Stone - by Kartell.

stonegrp.jpg

Okay, time for more carpentry! *** Exciting part***

Pardon the the yellow/orange tint in the photos. Never set white balance :P

living%20bench.jpg

1/2 done dining area. Missing dimpled cushion & mirror on both walls.Has always been in our MUST DO list.

living%20bench_2.jpg

Planning for misc stuffs (eg: keys/hp/icons/photo frames) on the area above our shoe cabinet.

Edited by saeran

shoe%20cabinet1.jpg

150cm shoe cabinet. FengShui has a saying, that shoe cabinet can't be taller than the owner. My fault la!

shoe%20cabinet.jpg

Open up and reveals the 9 tier cabinet. Hehe.. it will NEVER be enough lorh. Had a thought of getting the wheel shoe holder seen in Molecule. But then again, seems like the dirt it might trap is a headache?

aircon_1.jpg

Here's to show you guys my elephant (aircon). Check out my glowing downlights from Laniber. Expensive and kenna tok already.

living%20cove_2.jpg

Cove lights above the dining area

Close up of the floral laminates we have got for the wall. Some bridal house is using the pure white ones. Nice too.

:dancingqueen: love ur laminate!! but we can't afford :P