Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
saeran

-our Own Court @ Membina-

:dancingqueen: love ur laminate!! but we can't afford :P

Hello rdnest. Saw your reno in progress too! Nice chandelier! Drama! I like!

Why can't afford the laminate? I thought ID/Contractors will give you a budget to select on? This should fall within the SGD50 range.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hello rdnest. Saw your reno in progress too! Nice chandelier! Drama! I like!

Why can't afford the laminate? I thought ID/Contractors will give you a budget to select on? This should fall within the SGD50 range.

we took e cheapest mah. :D

so opt for the less fancy de lor... all dark tone lor... at least don date too fast bah... i hope :sport-smiley-003:

The Wardrobe-Madness!

wardrobe2.jpg

The before and after. Very engineering-based photos. Of course, not good enough. Not the same angle. icon_ra%7a%7a.gif

wardrobe4.jpg

Here's our pleasant surprise when we saw this! Our ideas turned into a great work! Really impressed with my contractor's work; on the laying of velvet and its compartments. The $ is worth it. (Nearing $150 for the velvet for 2 pull out drawers)

wardrobe5.jpg

Let's imagine....

wardrobe6.jpg

wardrobe3.jpg

Pull out mirror with case. Which is something we did not requested for. We only asked for 'pull out mirror'. My contractor should really step in IKEA these days. He is very prejudiced against it.

Contractor mentioned that their team of workers took sometime to get the whole set up ready. Is their first time doing this type of pole-system wardrobe. (Can't blame them too)

No wonder my contractor took 1 month to get my wardrobe up. We thought they were slacking on our house! haha..

mbrwardrobe.jpg

Few WEEKS later, brownish doors up. Not up to my expectation though. Wish for it to be in a darker shade…

Meanwhile, MBR lights installed.

babylightcloseup.jpg

babylight.jpg

We call it babylights. You will see them at the tcc@T3. But theirs is 6 eggs. Ours is ten.

Moving on to the toilets

mbrrainshower.jpg

Squarish shower rose for MBR. Nice! The towel rack reminds us of the hotel washroom… icon_ra%7a%7a.gif One thing about rain shower though, the pressure isn't that great. Nevertheless, good thing that we went for it.

ctrainshower.jpg

Circular rose @ Common toilet.

kitchenleftcabinet.jpg

Changed one piece of laminate door to glass one after much deliberation.

We cannot take the wavy-ness of that piece of laminate there. :(

ctmirror.jpg

Ikea Mirror in the common toilet. Grandeur Gold. NICE. SGD 135 bucks. Mirror suits the HDB basin. Haha.

spam chop :dancingqueen:

love your t-blog, full of pictures :wub::wub:

Hello applefreak.. thanks for loving it.. hehe.. as I always believe, pictures says a thousand words... :yamseng:

Edited by saeran

foyerlight.jpg

Foyer Light up. Photo doesn't do justice to its beauty. Subtle glow via the yellow crystals against the purple wall.

mbr%20toilet.jpg

Half done MBR Toilet vanity area…

MUST HAVE ITEMS UP~

Full Height K-Size Headboard

hb1.jpg

hb3.jpg

Absolute beauty! Workmanship still needs to improve though.. haha

:sport-smiley-003:

v interesting blog hehe...*enjoyed reading and seeing the beautiful pics there* ;)

Thanks YG!

Dining Area Cushion

dining%20bench_jm1.jpg

dining%20bench_jm.jpg

Looks like white chocolate bar…. Tinted mirrors to be up soon… Dimpled effect on cushion can't be seen from the photos though.

We went on a PVC/Material spree for our headboard and cushion. (just like our laminates)

Ranging from Chinatown to Ubi and wanted contractor to go find them to manufacture. In the end, quote was much higher than what was quoted. Went for contractor's lobang and not bad too. (note: negative comments will not be posted)

The results shown via the photos posted.

shoes%20in%20wheel.jpg

This is the pink one which I was thinking of buying...Then again, imagine your own shoes inside the wheelies. I doubt it will be as sweet. Argh.. KIV KIV again~….

kitchenbacksplash.jpg

Notice how the backsplash looks awkard against the kitchen wall. Only plus point is that it is very reflective. No need to go toilet to look into mirror.

kitchenbinds.jpg

White binds to prevent neighbors from checking us out while we are in kitchen…. hehe..

living%20room%20view.jpg

Look how sparkling the floor is now! Another round of grouting done again. Whole house feels very new!

corridor%20view.jpg

dining%20bench_jm2.jpg

Tinted mirror above the bench up.

featurembr1.jpg

Our HTS from Philips up. It posted a whole lot of problems then.. Just glad that this is working fine now. Only problem now is that the Tv audio output from the HTS is not connected as yet. Haha..

:dancingqueen:

At this stage, is already like 6 months since we started renovation. kekeke...

Scary yah? :jawdrop:

:dribble: LOVE UR HEADBOARD!!!! :dribble:

I love it too... took quite sometime to get it up... cause of the constraint of the width of the PVC material...

:yamseng:

VIEW OF LIVING AND DINING AREA

view%20of%20fw%20and%20dining%20area.jpg

Now you folks realised how small our house is now~

Feature wall on the left, dining bench on the right. Kitchen entrance at the centre.

Did away with the TV console as we think that we need more walking area.

But one thing I want to add.. is that I LOVE MY HOUSE a lot! Is the result of what Baby and myself have put into these mths. Really worth the effort.

Moving on the BIGGER AREA...

The MBR toilet...

mbr%20toilet%20full5.jpg

mbr%20toilet%20full2.jpg

Taken inside the wet area.

Like the idea of the extended mirror. Though is over-hyped, it makes the toilet looked more 'hotel-feel'. Baby can't stand my towel hanger at the side of the vanity top. He said the location is just so wrong. Don't worry, Baby… I will buy the cutest HELLO KITTY face towel to hang there! icon_razz.gif

side%20mirror1.jpg

Side tinted mirror @ dining area up. Looks strange or not huh? Apparently, it makes my living area looks smaller! WAILS.

side%20mirror2.jpg

The idea of 4Ft Box up is gone! WAILS x 2...Above mistake of ours will be corrected.... stay tuned...

living%20light3.jpg

Most expensive lights up. **** room.

Uncle was grouchy. He had requested to come earlier the night before but we said NO. Who installs lights at 9am? Still sleeping leh!

living%20light4.jpg

Up and Up! Last count, the no. of crystals is about 80+. HOT or not? I like this lamp a lot! Hehehe… got remote control somemore.

I love controlling lights.

living%20light2.jpg

The WOW Factor.

living%20light5.jpg

Pairing with dining light.

Saeran has got cool-hot lights.

In case anyone asks....

Cost breakdown:

Living room crystal lights from Chelsea Lighting (with remote and installation) = $680

Misc lights from Chelsea Lighting = $ 385

Location = Jurong East

Baby Lights @ MBR from Chan Huat Lighting= $140

Location = Balestier

Shakira-baby lamp @ Dining area from AF Lighting House = $ 205

Location = Balestier

Downlights + Misc from *** = $490

Location = Balestier

Foyer Light from D.I.Y Lighting = $145

TOTAL = $2045.00!!!

Who dares to complain my house not bright enough!

stoning1.jpg

One of items in my wish list! Kartell Stone in Clear (as seen) & Yellow. Shall use them for dining chairs

:dancingqueen:

Some DIY @ our court..

framebefore.jpg

I am sure 100 of you alligators saw this frame @ Ikea/Magazines before. Cost SGD 39 bucks or so.

frameafter.jpg

Look how DRAMA it is after being painted in gold.

frameaftercloseup.jpg

Close up view of the paint work. The mixture of black and gold colour gave the frame a rustic look.

Here’s Baby’s project - Kitchen Trolley bought from IKEA. Costed us around SGD165.

Trolley1.jpg

Placement 1 - Saeran’s choice. Felt this way is smoother. Also can push back further to face windows while eating.

Trolley2.jpg

Placement 2 - Baby’s choice & I wonder why.

Trolley3.jpg

Actually got this big piece of granite top from contractor. Supposedly from the cut out of the hob. Hehehe…

So we gonna paint the wooden parts to white.

Went to BKK in Jul and bought some home & decor items back too!

cups.jpg

Clear glass tea cups/bass teaspoons/fork/candle holder x 2/gold trimmed small dish and soup spoon

houseitems1.jpg

3 long cushions/table runner/cushion covers/photoframe/Naraya hangers (if you can see them at the bottom)

stool.jpg

Sofa Stool which Baby handcarried in CTC. Amazing! 1200 Baht. Must buy!

candleholder.jpg

Candleholder which Baby tried very hard to squeeze into backpack. He loves it.

Nice DIY on your kitchen trolley! Made full use of your granite. :good:

Hello LittleDevil.. Nods.. yah lorh..granite is too expensive for us to throw away~

:notti:

Moving on to night scenes @ our court..

LR%20effect.jpg

LR%20effect1.jpg

LR%20effect2.jpg

Feels dreamy with this light on. The crystals casted rainbow shimmers on the walls. Nice.

Okay. Meanwhile, we got the recess box irritation fixed!

4ft%20box.jpg

4″ additional box up done @ the sides. So it looks more pleasing to the eye, that the recess area is finally equal. YEY-Ness.

ur place is really :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop: !!

the laminates for your living room are EDL laminates rite?

very nice cos we were also considering that range

but in the end we chose glossy for the kitchen

thanks for the lites info

will go check them out!

Edited by SmartFool