Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
alan26

Simple & Nice Home

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
your mirror so cute!!

Hi Pinkpetter, i am Alan's wife.

Yup, bought this mirror becoz its so cute. and i like it a lot. and its the last piece left and display set. so just grab it. according to the shop owner, the cute cartoon characters are lasered printed on it.

Hi Pinkpetter, i am Alan's wife.

Yup, bought this mirror becoz its so cute. and i like it a lot. and its the last piece left and display set. so just grab it. according to the shop owner, the cute cartoon characters are lasered printed on it.

Ahhh.. nice to meet you!! MMm Laser printed would probably mean that it will be long lasting? That's good to hear! :)

Ahhh.. nice to meet you!! MMm Laser printed would probably mean that it will be long lasting? That's good to hear! :)

Hi, nice to meet u too. i definitely hope that it will be long lasting. really looking forward to the completed works. not only left painting, room doors to be up, lightings and fans, cooker hod and hoob, wash basin plus the kitchen cabinet then we can move in.

My house has already start reno liao. Trying to go for simple but nice concept if possible.

Definitely won't be a wow. Just a simple one.

first time uploading a picture.

AMKFloorPlanUpload.jpg

whats the cov you paid? when bought? just?

Wow, you bought house @ 2006. Now you start to reno, you must have taken a lot of times to plan. Very simple and nice, your house..

We bought our hse at Valuation ($224K), No COV. year 2006.

oh.. that's quite a long time ago! thanks. my sis is looking at around the same area,

she was wondering what is the cov nowaday there as she is not willing to pay up.. :sport-smiley-018:

well.. i bought my place in mid07. I am already very impatient as i wont be able to get mine ready by CNY 08.

You must have alot of patience... :bow:

Nowadays the areas i'm staying is abt $300K to $320K (for 4room HDB).

The nearer u are to the amk central the higher it gets, sometimes still need to COV.

I remember during the time i bought my hse, the one near amk centre like Block 325 is already $300K plus COV $30K. Can't imagine the price now probably near $400K ba.

Original State for my house

Living Room

CIMG1007.jpg

1980 design wall :bangwall:

CIMG1006.jpg

CIMG0985.jpg

Kitchen is long but can't play much design

CIMG0986.jpg

Typical Stove and sink support :(

CIMG0987.jpg

Hi Alan26,

I am staying at woodlands and my floor plan is very similar to you. I do have the same 'o biang' wall as you, hehe, the previous owner is about 60+ years old liao. So, i believe this 'o biang' wall is really popular that time lor. But at year 2007, the wall suddently 'pregnant' and crack, so i have to get the contractor to come and hack the wall.

Just wonder how you organize your bathroom (toilet bowl / basin / bath tap)? I would like to do a minor renovation on my bathroom and also the bedroom's wardrobe. Can show me some picture on your bathroom and wardrobe? Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Joey

Hi Alan,

My parents' place at AMK had the same layout as yours. And its true that most of the houses during the 1980's had a tiled wall in the living room. The main purpose behind it was for the ease of cleaning as the praying altar is usually placed at this side of the living room.

Not sure if anyone had notice, that tiled wall is usually facing a door / main window as the deities need to be placed facing outside. And people used to burn incense, hence to ease the cleaning, they tiled the wall behind the altar. :)

I love my laminate..PERGO, u are the best.

StudyRoom2.jpg

FLaminate.jpg

Your floor so nice, i like it. You buy this PERGO from Ikea or from your contractor? How much you pay? I went to Ikea yesterday, i saw something similar as your floor, just match and click on it to make a floor. Do you hack the old floor berfore placing PERGO?