Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
familyof4

Our 2 Storey Abode

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
If it's really under 40k, I'll really be surprised.

the total area is 154sqm, and i love the access balcony as it was quite long and spacious enough :)

Wah... If it's reeally under 40k, and it includes flooring, I would have waited till Ah Soon can take my biz!!! :P

mmm familyof4.. you try to lower it to 35k? or less? can? haha mm I'm trying to see if Ah Soon can outdo a friend who managed hers at 36k. :) BARGAIN BARGAIN!

I think shd be possible for 35k leh. Mine got plastering + a lot of carpentry, only $22k. :)

Tell him ur budget lower... then ask him to include more electrical points for u!

Ah Soon actually says mine shld be ard 34k. I really waiting to see if its so good to be true! haha...he called me today and says my quote will be ready in these 2 days...so shall see :dancingqueen:

Ah Soon actually says mine shld be ard 34k. I really waiting to see if its so good to be true! haha...he called me today and says my quote will be ready in these 2 days...so shall see :dancingqueen:

another potential ah soon customer? haha.

what reno works do u plan to do?

wah your EM really is big. so you have contacted RT Mr Popular for the quotes? wow below 40k is really a very good deal for such a big place. hope that you can cfm ur contractor or ID soon. the balcony you can place some lazy reclining whitish chairs from IKEA so comfortable and nice, sipping hot tea or coffee or reading newspapers.

34k including changing of floor tiles????? :jawdrop: If I knew how cheap his quotation will be, I'll wait till he's available to do my house when I was getting quotes that time!! :jawdrop:

another potential ah soon customer? haha.

what reno works do u plan to do?

These are what I intend to do, but subjected to minor changes.

DEMOLITION WORKS

To provide labour to do chipping at access balcony.

To provide labour to demolish existing floor tiles ****,dining room & balcony.

To provide labour to demolish existing skirting ****,dining, study room & balcony.

(Include plaster smooth affected area)

To provide labour to demolish existing floor tiles at kitchen & 3 bathrooms.

To provide labour to demolish existing wall tiles at kitchen, bathrooms 1 & 2.

To provide labour to dismantle 1 set of existing wardrobe at master bedroom.

To provide labour to dismantle 1 set of existing kitchen cabinet.

To provide labour to dismantle existing wires & lightings at kitchen & 3 bathrooms.

To provide labour to dismantle all existing sanitary wares at kitchen & 3 bathrooms.

To provide labour to dismantle all existing ceiling work for whole house.

To provide labour to demolish existing 1 panel of half-height wall with windows between

study room & access balcony.

To provide labour to hack existing round arch to square edge for all doors.

To provide haulage services. (Loading of goods & materials)

To clear & disposal of renovation debris.

To supply & over-lay white pebbles with black polished homogenous steps at centre at

access balcony.

To supply & lay 600 by 600mm, polished, super gloss, anti stain, imported

homogeneous floor tiles ****, dining room & balcony.

To supply & lay 600 by 600mm, polished, super gloss, anti stain, imported

homogeneous skirting ****,dining room & balcony.

To supply & over-lay HDF laminate floor with skirting at study room.

To supply & lay 300 by 300mm, matt, non-slip, imported homogeneous floor tiles at

kitchen & 3 bathrooms.

To supply & lay 300 by 450mm, polished, imported ceramic wall tiles at kitchen, bath-

rooms 1 & 2. - 2 tones & up to ceiling height

To supply & lay 2 layers of quic-seal 104 water proofing membrane at kitchen & 3

bathrooms. (HDB approved water proofing membrane)

To supply & lay 1 layer of 3 in 1 water proofing cement screed at kitchen & 3 bathrooms.

To raise up 1 no. of 50mm fridge & washing machine base with tiles finished at kitchen.

To raise up 4 nos. of 50mm door kerbs with tiles finished at entrance of 3 bathrooms &

kitchen.

To raise up 2 nos. of 50mm shower kerbs with tiles finished at bathrooms 1 & 2.

To supply & over-lay white pebbles with cement at entrance of bathrooms 1 & 2.

To plaster smooth affected areas after demolished of walls at 3 bedrooms & study room.

To provide labour to grind & varnish existing parquet flooring at 3 bedrooms & passageway.

To provide labour to grind & varnish existing parquet flooring at steps to level 2.

PLUMBING WORKS

To supply & install stainless steel pipes for whole unit. (Cold points only)

To supply & install inlet/outlet pipes for sink, washing machine & 3 nos. of wash basins.

To provide labour to install 1 no. of sink at kitchen.

To provide labour to install 3 nos. of wash basins at 3 bathrooms.

To provide labour to install 3 nos. of sitting toilet bowls at 3 bathrooms.

To provide labour to install 3 nos. of instant water heaters at 3 bathrooms.

To provide labour to install taps & bathroom accessories at 3 bathrooms.

ELECTRICAL WORKS (Exclude applying of PUB testing)

To re-run existing wiring at kitchen & 3 bathrooms.

To run wiring & install 30 nos. of lightings points.

CEILING WORKS

To supply & construct light pelmet & false ceiling **** & dining room.

To supply & construct false ceiling at master bedroom.

DOORS / GATE / WINDOW GRILLES / SHOWER SCREENS / ROLLER SHUTTLE

To supply & install 3 nos. of 3 by 7 feet veneer doors with locksets at 3 bedrooms.

To supply & install 2 nos. of 3 by 7 feet aluminium belglass doors at bathrooms 2 & 3.

To supply & install 1 no. of 3 by 7 feet 10mm tempered clear glass swing door with handles

at bathroom 1.

To supply & install 1 no. of two-leaves solid nyatoh doors at storeroom.

To supply & install 1 no. of 4 by 7 feet veneer main door with lockset & long handles.

To supply & install 1 set of aluminium bi-fold doors with clear glass at balcony.

To supply & install 1 no. of 4 by 7 feet design wrought iron main gate. (3 panels)

To supply & install aluminium bronze/silver sliding window grilles ****, dining, balcony,

access balcony & 3 bedrooms.

To supply & install 1 set of wall to wall 10mm tempered clear glass shower screen at bath-

room 2. (1 fixed & 1 swing panel)

To supply & install 1 set of L-shaped 10mm tempered clear glass shower screen at bath-

room 1. (1 fixed & 1 swing panel)

To supply & install atuomated roller shuttle at balcony.

CARPENTRY WORKS

Access Balcony

To design & fabricate 2 sets of 10 feet suspended bottom shoes cabinet c/w solid plywood,

& laminate finished.

Living & Dining Rooms

To supply & construct 1 panel of 6 feet by full-height partition wall for TV area.

To supply & install 2 pcs. of 4 feet wooden shelvings at partition wall for TV area.

To design & fabricate 1 set of 5 feet bottom altar.

Study Room

To design & fabricate 11 feet full height storage cabinet c/w solid plywood, sliding doors

& laminate finished. ($210 pfr)

Bedrooms

To design & fabricate 9 feet full height sliding wardrobe with glass & mirror c/w solid plywood

& laminate finished at master bedroom.

To design & fabricate 7 feet full height sliding wardrobe c/w solid plywood & laminate

finished at bedroom 2.

To design & fabricate 9 feet full height sliding wardrobe c/w solid plywood & laminate

finished at bedroom 3.

Kitchen

To design & fabricate 35 feet top & bottom kitchen cabinet c/w solid plywood & laminate

finished.

ABS trimmings

Design handles

1 chest of 4 sliding drawers

2 panels of sand-blasted glass doors

1 no. of 2 tier stainless steel dish rack

To supply & install 15 feet L-shaped solid surface worktop.

To provide labour to install 1 set of cooker hood & hob.

Bathrooms

To design & fabricate 4 feet suspended bottom vanity cabinet at bathroom 1.

To design & fabricate 5 feet suspended bottom vanity cabinet at bathroom 2.

GENERAL WORKS

To furnish whole unit wall & ceiling with ICI or Nippon pentalite emulsion paint. (Up to 5

colours)

Ceiling white colour.

3 coats with 1 white base coat & 2 colour coats.

Include painting of all pipes, doors & door frames with gloss finish paint.

To furnish oil base or water base sealant. (Depend on existing wall condition)

HDB permit submission.

To provide chemical washing & general cleaning for whole unit upon completion. ( x 2 )

To supply & lay paper roll protection on homogeneous floor tiles at level 1.

To supply & install 1 no. of stainless steel flat-faced rubbish chute hopper at kitchen.

wah your EM really is big. so you have contacted RT Mr Popular for the quotes? wow below 40k is really a very good deal for such a big place. hope that you can cfm ur contractor or ID soon. the balcony you can place some lazy reclining whitish chairs from IKEA so comfortable and nice, sipping hot tea or coffee or reading newspapers.

Hehe...I wish to have...but I intend to have a play area for my kids too...so i will use the space on the balcony

34k including changing of floor tiles????? :jawdrop: If I knew how cheap his quotation will be, I'll wait till he's available to do my house when I was getting quotes that time!! :jawdrop:

Yah...I was shocked when he told me 34k. That is why i printed a whole list for him to quote me. Hehe...if it's really 34k, I may add more things :notti:

wahhh veneer doors... promise you will update us with plenty of photos?? think yours will be uber exciting!

pinkpetter, I am a very visual person. So, I will pdate with many photos! Easier also right :)

I may be changing the bi-fold to tempered glass door on level 2 too. Level 1 still unsure. I am not sure if I want to use pebble wash flooring. I am afraid of the maintenance and durability compared to tiles.

mm I think if you're the sort who really want things to be clean then maybe not pebble wash ba. Pebble wash is not tough to maintain but not for people who want things spotless ba... :)

toshiba-aircon.jpg

We got this inverter multi split from Toshiba. My mom is using this, and it is really quiet and the electric consumption is not too high too. Got this from All Best at IMM. :yamseng: