Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
SW80

Simple Home In The Green

But i think , he didn't select the red tile right ?

That time i wan a red toilet too. But very sad , couldn't find a suitable red tile . Seem like very limited red tile

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
But i think , he didn't select the red tile right ?

That time i wan a red toilet too. But very sad , couldn't find a suitable red tile . Seem like very limited red tile

We did. In fact we have 2 red tiles to choose from: 1. the deep red tiles with flower pattern and 2. light red tiles with white line, which is our final selection. (Refer to previous post).

This is to match our "red and white" kitchen theme.

Problem did not come from our selection rather is from my parents... :no:

They feel is too red and "loud" plus bad fengshui (water + fire (red tiles)).. Any truth in it ?

waiting to see more pics...how big is the MBR wardrobe? very detailed drawings down to the measurements....

Common toilet tile selection. We have 2 sets in mind and will complement with kitchen design and color scheme. Basically ID have to color the drawings by hand to make a comparison. Quite straight forward.

commontoiletdesign.jpg

Master toilet will be a bit tricky. We want an "warm" feel but was stuck with the following selections.

mastertoiletselection.jpg

See photos on your right are the 3 choices we are stuck with right now. Op1 and Op3 are the rough surface tiles that I like and basically with these tiles used as a "color focus" will give our toilet a more resort feel.

But my wife complain that these tiles are difficult to maintain and will probably leave white stain marks if come in contact with water, shampoo etc and therefore she prefer Op2, which is the smooth tiles as the more practical choice. No doubt that Op2 can also complement our wall tiles quite nicely, pending ID coloring.

Any guys got experience with using rough tiles for bathrooms ? Are they really difficult to maintain, grow algae etc? Lets discuss.

my MBR Toilet, Kitchen Flooring & Common Toilet all using rough tiles. that's my idea, becos i dun want to slip & fall when i am walking out from my bathroom. i have numerous encounters when i am staying at my mum's hse previously. but i have been staying at my hse for a few mths, still quite ok lor. if u wan, i can take a pic for you to see, for my tiles. u need pics?

waiting to see more pics...how big is the MBR wardrobe? very detailed drawings down to the measurements....

It will be a 2.4m (breath) * 2.4m (height)

We did consider that we probably will not use the full height. Our stretching arm will hit around 2.0m. We did the full height wardrobe anyway as the last 0.4m will be used as storage for extra mattress, pillow etc..

For my wife convenience, we design the dress column on the lower left within her reach..

Wait till we upload and introduce our kitchen. We draft out the cabinet arrangement as according to our usage habit.. :)

my MBR Toilet, Kitchen Flooring & Common Toilet all using rough tiles. that's my idea, becos i dun want to slip & fall when i am walking out from my bathroom. i have numerous encounters when i am staying at my mum's hse previously. but i have been staying at my hse for a few mths, still quite ok lor. if u wan, i can take a pic for you to see, for my tiles. u need pics?

Yes yes pls do share us your photos :thumbs up:

After listening to pinkpetter previously, we decide to drop the rough wall tiles instead. Rough floor tiles will remain.. For easier maintenance consideration..

By the way

Any recommendations on getting the kitchen sinks, WCs, taps etc??

Originally I went to Indulge at Balestier as recommended by most of the members from the forum..

After I compare with Hoe Kee, found Indulge price is steeper and somemore less variety.

Take the WC for example:

A normal WC we found suitable for the house is about $266.

At Hoe Kee, it cost only $249 somemore we feel the built is more solid..

Is there a catch ?? :blink:

ya, i read that genova is cheap with the package promo? Can try Poh Joo too. Eestilo (@ Geylang) package is gd if u are aiming for 1-pc WC.

sw80, maybe u can go genova at bendemeer to look see look see.

ya, i read that genova is cheap with the package promo? Can try Poh Joo too. Eestilo (@ Geylang) package is gd if u are aiming for 1-pc WC.

Hmm I will recce with Genova this weekend

Poh Joo ? I don't dare to try because I got some mixed response. Some say good but I also read some horror stories about their products get rusty easily... :)

Edited by SW80

My ID have emailed me the roadmap for house renovation with forecast timeline for task completion. He is meticulous to details.

Hacking will start on 20th May 2009.Yippeee. Hope we will have a smooth start.

workschedule.jpg

Today is quite a long day. I have been through 3 shops. Genova, Chuan Heng and Royal Franco for items shortlisting and price comparison.

And there is really a price difference between shops for the same items !

I am still complying something simple on the price list. Hope to share with all at a later date.

wah. the progress chart so familiar. seeing it gives me the creeps. remind me of work undone in my workplace. :D

so u bought anything from genova, chuan heng or royal fanco?