Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
SW80

Simple Home In The Green

Common toilet tile selection. We have 2 sets in mind and will complement with kitchen design and color scheme. Basically ID have to color the drawings by hand to make a comparison. Quite straight forward.

commontoiletdesign.jpg

Master toilet will be a bit tricky. We want an "warm" feel but was stuck with the following selections.

mastertoiletselection.jpg

See photos on your right are the 3 choices we are stuck with right now. Op1 and Op3 are the rough surface tiles that I like and basically with these tiles used as a "color focus" will give our toilet a more resort feel.

But my wife complain that these tiles are difficult to maintain and will probably leave white stain marks if come in contact with water, shampoo etc and therefore she prefer Op2, which is the smooth tiles as the more practical choice. No doubt that Op2 can also complement our wall tiles quite nicely, pending ID coloring.

Any guys got experience with using rough tiles for bathrooms ? Are they really difficult to maintain, grow algae etc? Lets discuss.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hi sw80, nice layout you got there!

lots of storage in kitchen wow.

will sky design give you computerized 3d drawings as well?

:) Your ID does handdrawn? I think very few IDs do that now. I have admiration for those who do. :) Feels more customised. :)

Hee hee no..

His hand drawing is good and I preferred design present to us this way.

Also he mentioned that there are many types of tiles/paints with different feel and color to choose from. Computerised drawing might not have the library to access all type of tiles. Hand coloring might give us a better picture of the finished product. I may be wrong but I will post his drawings to all in another 2 weeks time for our next due meet up.. :)

Edited by SW80

MY MBR toilet is using all rough tiles and so far my parents don't have any problems using them. but I'm not sure how rough are yours... mm I see if I can find a picture of it.

DSCF0015.jpg

looking forward to more pictures... my present house is 120sqm also 5 room....in woodlands... can't find this size in new flats...usually only 110sqm

MY MBR toilet is using all rough tiles and so far my parents don't have any problems using them. but I'm not sure how rough are yours... mm I see if I can find a picture of it.

DSCF0015.jpg

I enlarge the 3 tiles photo again for better view..

Op1: medium roughness

op1y.jpg

Op2: Smooth

op2c.jpg

Op3: Rough with steps..

op3h.jpg

Saw your photos. Is similar to my floor tiles and these tiles should not have a problem.

looking forward to more pictures... my present house is 120sqm also 5 room....in woodlands... can't find this size in new flats...usually only 110sqm

Care to share with us your floor plan ?? :rolleyes:

Refer to my earlier post for my house photo. Mine is at 122 Sqm. Close to yours.. :)

Edited by SW80

mmm I think your tiles are much rougher than mine. The grooves are deeper. Did you see Rondy's situation? His tiles trap the soapsuds (like what your wife said). Maybe you take a look at his before deciding?

I like your middle smooth tile. Regretted not taking it for our MBR. *sigh*

Care to share with us your floor plan ?? :rolleyes:

Refer to my earlier post for my house photo. Mine is at 122 Sqm. Close to yours.. :)

here it goes...my present house floorplan...gonna missed it....

540floorplan.jpg

mmm I think your tiles are much rougher than mine. The grooves are deeper. Did you see Rondy's situation? His tiles trap the soapsuds (like what your wife said). Maybe you take a look at his before deciding?

I like your middle smooth tile. Regretted not taking it for our MBR. *sigh*

Thanks for sharing.. :)

I run through his blog and yes those horrible white patch is not something that I want..

Hazii... hard to balance between substances and style..

Edited by SW80

here it goes...my present house floorplan...gonna missed it....

540floorplan.jpg

Your present floorplan is very good :good: Straight with no funny sharp corners..

You are moving house soon ??

Your present floorplan is very good :good: Straight with no funny sharp corners..

You are moving house soon ??

yup...getting keys on 30 april...so excited waiting for it....the whole process of buying, selling house and looking for contractor is interesting....quite enjoyable...;)

Wha... I though my blog was lost somewhere in space. I have not put up a post in my blog for some time... :D

We finally got the keys on 5th May 2009 and started our official house opening yesterday.. :thumbs up: Can't wait for our renovation to start.

Today, ID came to our house today to survey and discuss on our electrical wiring with new quotation. We also covered the areas for hacking. Most likely, we will start the hacking somewhere at 24th May while awaiting him to apply HDB permit.. Hopefully by end of next week, we will expect some work schedule from him.

Some of the finalized drawings are handled over to us. Except for the kitchen and the bedroom coloring. which he says he needed to redraw again.. I will upload all when he is ready for our next meet up.

Color drawings are as follows, with our finalized tile selection:

Common bathroom

commontoiletforum1.jpg

Master toilet

mastertoiletforum2.jpg

There will be some areas where we need to box up to hide those ugly sewage pipings for both toilets. Effect will probably not as similar as what is shown in our drawings..

Bedroom cabinet

ID did proposed something. But we counter proposed with our own cabinet interior design to suit our needs. Also, the choice of cabinet color is also our proposal. All thanks to the previous forum member contributions to this forum..

bedroomcabinetforum.jpg

It will be a busy weeks ahead for us.. :sport-smiley-003: