Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
SW80

Simple Home In The Green

For this weekend, we have been spending a whopping amount of $$ on

1) Part Leather L-shape sofa (9ft): $839.70 on sat

2) Shopping for kitchen wares at Royal Franco. To be delivered on next sat. Some of the items that we bought today.

Kitchen tap

ktichentapforum.jpg

Master toilet sink, to fit our master toilet earth theme.

mastertoiletsinkforum.jpg

2-way valve (square type)

2wayvalveforum.jpg

Sink tap (also Square type)

bathroomtapforum.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

More photos

Towel rack

towelrack.jpg

Instant heater.. Pink for the red toilet and gold for our master toilet :D

instantheaterforum.jpg

Plus hood and hod, kitchen sink etc...

Total damage: $2700 :huh: broke...

Reasons om why we decide on Royal Franco. As explain earlier (More design choice ) and of course based on our inquires over a few shops

We asked for the same products across these shops. This will be a baseline on how each shop did their quotation. To share to all for your reference :)

picture1hyr.jpg

Reasons om why we decide on Royal Franco. As explain earlier (More design choice ) and of course based on our inquires over a few shops

We asked for the same products across these shops. This will be a baseline on how each shop did their quotation. To share to all for your reference :)

picture1hyr.jpg

I also just got mine from RF...godd choice. :)

picture1hyr.jpg

hi how much u paid for your kitchen's tap??

Guest poetsdesign

Hai, your picture is very nice

Could you also put the newest photo of your bathroom, I wanna see it

Edited by poetsdesign

Hai, your picture is very nice

Could you also put the newest photo of your bathroom, I wanna see it

Sure. Will put up once the toilet accessories are installed. :)

Past few days have been very busy for us really. :o

Urgent items at my workplace are getting more and getting crazy.

Still we have to squeeze precious time to inspect the house and comb shops at Geylang for the lightings needed for our house. By the time we get home, hardly have energy to surf forum and update our blog.

Anyway, we manage to meet up with our ID to clear some of our outstanding items. The painting and the kitchen drawings. Something to show to all. Painting will start next week and carpentry the week after..

Our tilings have completed and will upload them once all the cleaning is done.

Ok, less talk. Photos first..

Guest room painting:

guestroompaint.jpg

Kids room painting:

kidsroomforum.jpg

Our Kitchen design, after so much discussion and changes made. We will use a brighter red for the carpentry and glass backing.

kitchenforum.jpg

This post is about our light shopping

Went through quite a few shops in Geylang and managed to narrow down to 2 shops.

At the end of the day, I can't decide to finalize which shop to get all our purchases. We end up buying from both shops instead. :P

Shop no 1: DK lightling, 642 Geylang road

Pros:

1) Price is really cheap, especially the downlights where I don't think any shop can beat their price.

2) Friendly service and good know how.

3) Not pushy. Pleasant couples doing an honest living.

Cons:

1) Don't carry a lot of design.

2) Some design color is a bit dull to our liking.

3) $20 delivery charges regardless of items purchase. Partly that explains why their price is low. If you can cash and carry, no issue.

Shop no 2: Light sense pte ltd, 487 Sims ave

Pros:

1) Carry a lot of colorful light designs. Very much to our liking.

2) Able to give better practical suggestion to light selections.

3) For complex light design he carry in, price is still competitive

Cons:

1) One man show, have to call him to check his availability before shop visit. Probably due to no overhead count = lower cost.

2) A few items price slightly higher compare to DK although cheaper than the rest of the shops.

Out of our excitment, we didn't take a lot of light photos but still have some to show. Hee hee..

Balcony lights

balconylightforum.jpg

Future kids room

futurekidsroomforum.jpg

Kitchen light

kitchenlightforum.jpg

Finally, no more purchases for our house renovation.

Edited by SW80

Congrats on completing all the purchases... I think that's the headachy part... all the choosing is tiring.

I like DK Lighting too! The couple is really nice. hehe :) BUt you're right about the variety... not as much because their shop is really small...

Other photos for service balcony and base for the kitchen cabinet

Service balcony, tiling and washing machine base completed

servicebalconyforum.jpg

Kitchen base for our L-shape cabinet

lshapekitchenbaseforum.jpg

Common toilet floor tiles and kerb have done up. The effect will be different after the toilet and sink installation.

commontoiletforum1.jpg

Our Air conditioner are also installed last week. Can't reuse the existing water pipe as feedback by contractor that it is "choke". Therefore all electrical and water piping has to relay.

airconforum.jpg

That led me to asking why existing air con water pipe (>10 years) can get choke. It is common to all re-sale flats ? :o

Bought the instant heater with different color to match our toilets. Delivered from Royal Fanco yesterday. Some of the items we bought

Instant heater for Common toilet

heaterforum2.jpg

For master toilet

heaterforum.jpg

Kitchen sink from Korea, with the waste basket. We find it really unique

kitchensinkforum.jpg

Kitchen mixer

kitchenmixerforum.jpg

But Henry forgot to send over one of the paper holder for our master toilet. End up that he has to come down to our place today to deliver the item to us.

That is when I realized that he does not own any vehicle where he sub all the deliveries to outsiders ..

A guy earning a decent living for his shop. His fugal habit actually translates to savings for consumer like us.. For sure I will patronize his shop in the future :thumbs up:

But Henry forgot to send over one of the paper holder for our master toilet. End up that he has to come down to our place today to deliver the item to us.

That is when I realized that he does not own any vehicle where he sub all the deliveries to outsiders ..

A guy earning a decent living for his shop. His fugal habit actually translates to savings for consumer like us.. For sure I will patronize his shop in the future :thumbs up:

i didn't know that....i was commenting to my hubby that our delivery from Royal Fanco is a Honda Oydessy....thought it was probably his own car....can see he's very humble as well...love talking to him...after going to so many shops and some a few times, he won my hubby over just with one visit....we were indeed impressed with his service....