Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
SW80

Simple Home In The Green

wow, looks like the house is well-maintained by previous owner

will u be doing a major overhaul?

We will overhaul the kitchen, service balcony, 2 toilets, re-design master bedroom and L-box the living room.

We will save $$ on just to touch up the flooring. But cost of renovation is still 30K ++ based on all 3 ID quotation that we have visited so far, minus off some carpentry eg, cozy corner book shelf and TV feature wall etc, where we decide we can make to do without it.

Main cost is still on the hacking side and carpentry. One of the ID did mention to plaster over the wall tiles instead of hacking them for the kitchen. This proposal also help to save us some cost.

Edited by SW80

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I just realised the layout of your house is very good! MY mom would have loved it.. with a big service balcony somemore... waha

Yap.

My parents love the balcony also, can grow many plants there..

Seniors think alike hee hee.. :D

Your mbr got 2 aircon?

Er..r. yah :lol:

We are surprised with the MBR aircon setup, previous owner didnt say much so we didnt ask further.

Tomorrow I will be checking with our preferred ID for the final quotation. This is after I have let him in to inspect the house for a more accurate estimation on the house wiring cost, non-hackable beam location etc. If his final quotation meets our requirement, we will most likely let him have the deal.

Sad that I have to decline the other ID quotation. In fact both of them are very good throughout the weeks of discussion we have so far. They give us sound explanations on design concepts and not pushy on us to commit any deal. We choose the latter for his experience and his design focus on easy house maintenance.

I will review the ID name after our discussion tomorrow.

Layout planning will be coming soon..

wow sw80...your house very big! Almost double the size of my 3 room....bt batok should be quite ex!

looking forward to see your 3d drawings... :)

Phew... :dancingqueen: today made another milestone to our sweet home journey: finalize on our ID.

The quotation of 29.8k (excluding the electrical work) for ...

- a total make over of kitchen, service balcony, 2 bathrooms,

- building of study area platform,

- L-box and glass divider for living room,

- repolishing marble flooring,

- revanishing the wooden floors, repaint whole house

- plus all miscellaneous (hacking, plumbing, MBR carpentry, etc. )

.....may not be the cheapest :sport-smiley-018: . But we do feel very comfortable with the experience and the quality work showed by our ID (from SKY Creation Design) based on his presentation and past projects.

Yay yay, counting down to the day we get the flat key and start all the works... :dribble:

So excited... building a house and starting a home... :wub:

**(Wife posting)

Edited by SW80

Sounds like quite a gd deal for engaging ID! When i was scouting ard, cheapest for 1 toilet overhaul n kitchen cabinet (floors n walls untouched) plus misc was already $23k!

One thing down. can start looking ard for toilet/lights stuffs liao.. :)

Sounds like quite a gd deal for engaging ID! When i was scouting ard, cheapest for 1 toilet overhaul n kitchen cabinet (floors n walls untouched) plus misc was already $23k!

One thing down. can start looking ard for toilet/lights stuffs liao.. :)

Initially when my wife and I started the ID hunt, we have a shock. :D

They will usually give a full range of recommendations with quotation to design our house and the quotation initially offered by 3 ID firms ranges between 35K to 40K !! :jawdrop:

My wife and I have weed out items that we feel that are not very important to bring down the cost.

Some of the items that we removed from the original quotation:

1) Hack existing aluminum sliding door between living room and balcony. Related tempered frameless glass proposal were removed as well. (I don't like black sliding door but we decide not to remove since it still can provide good "support" for the curtains)

2) Walkway false ceiling ( We feel existing one still looks good and can be re-used)

3) Shoe cabinet installation (Mind over heart this time. Even though I long to have one for our house)

4) TV console and feature wall (We found we can get TV console outside at a lower cost and probably not big enough to house DVD player, sound system etc, not practical)

5) Study table with top hung cabinet (Removed as it does fit to our cozy corner theme)

6) Light pelmet with mosaic tile finished at vanity area for both toliets. (We don't really like mosaic but this is up to individual taste really).

We also glad that our ID made honest deduction to kitchen carpentry for overlapping area for our L-shape kitchen (You will understand later if we upload the layout at a later time).

Its a good experience really.

As for toilet/light stuff, I am really screening through other blogs (include yours) extensively and did some viewing between shops for ideas. :rolleyes:

Today we meet our ID at the Luxury Living 09 exhibition at Singapore Expo, intended to just pay the deposit for our renovation. However as expected, we discovered more exciting items in the exhibition hall and therefore end up spending more money... :lol:

1) Paid $4470 deposit at Sky Creation Design, entitled to 89 lucky draw coupons.. :o . We are expected to view some 3-D drawings and tiles selection next Sat..

2) Paid deposit $500 on Napure bed set, comes with

i) Storage Bed (Full Storage area below mattress, not the dual partition type as seen in the photos)

ii) Napure Latex mattress (Queen Size)

iii) 2 Synthetic Latex pillow (FOC)

Total damage: $1600

bedgrj.jpg

We have tried sleeping some other brand of Latex mattress but both of us feel Napure gives us the best comfort. So comfortable that we have a hard time to get up :P

Mattress sales there is really competitive and is difficult shake off pesky salesman with their promotion offer. Sweat..

3) Next, the air conditioner offer. Something that we cannot resist because of its built, energy efficiency and lastly the price.

Toshiba inverter sys 3 air con unit.

airconunit.jpg

Compressor unit (Made in Japan)

compressor.jpg

Total cost: $2388 except bracket ($100) depending whether existing bracket of the previous air con can be used. We have paid $200 deposit.

Other interesting items: Ez-Lift 4 laundry system at cost of $678. But we decide to get it next time round ba else our budget will go burst in no time..

** Photos are not sharp as they are taken from my camera phone..

Edited by SW80

Some design layout to show, colors not done yet as we still need to fine tune with ID.

Overall Layout

layoutforum.jpg

Common toilet design

commontoiletforum.jpg

Master bedroom toilet

mastertoiletforum.jpg

Foyer

foyerforum.jpg

Kitchen design needs more discussion with ID. Tiles photos will be coming either in tonight or tomorrow and I need some advice from all regarding selections :)