Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
SW80

Simple Home In The Green

wah. the progress chart so familiar. seeing it gives me the creeps. remind me of work undone in my workplace. :D

so u bought anything from genova, chuan heng or royal fanco?

Not yet, We just did some product viewing and price comparison. Basically we have a clear idea what to get.

Royal Franco won us over. We are surprise and pleased with what we saw. I can't confirm whether he is really good until we did the actual ordering and delivery.

Only then, I will review our "homework to all". Hee Hee :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

i think royal fanco is good as i saw from other threads in this forum. some bought from them also.

went down to look at the kdk fan that i wanted to buy that time. not bad the service.

but due to the laziness in me and the convenience sake, i bought my lightings and fan from my neighbourhood lighting shop and toilets things from genova.

Not yet, We just did some product viewing and price comparison. Basically we have a clear idea what to get.

Royal Franco won us over. We are surprise and pleased with what we saw. I can't confirm whether he is really good until we did the actual ordering and delivery.

Only then, I will review our "homework to all". Hee Hee :)

we actually wanted to get from asia excel but royal franco won us over too....one thing Henry is very detail, even help us match all the sinks and taps.....i was there yesterday to confirm my heaters and look at the kitchen stuffs...he will explain thoroughly....my delivery on tuesday.....

Edited by preciousjam

we actually wanted to get from asia excel but royal franco won us over too....one thing Henry is very detail, even help us match all the sinks and taps.....i was there yesterday to confirm my heaters and look at the kitchen stuffs...he will explain thoroughly....my delivery on tuesday.....

Hi precious,

wonder if you have the address from royal Franco?:) Can PM me?:)

Hi precious,

wonder if you have the address from royal Franco?:) Can PM me?:)

135 Jalan Beshar Singapore 208853 :)

Hacking starts!!...

Air con guy came to dismantle old air con, leaving some big holes for the connections..

airconforum.jpg

I have run through the connections and found them hiding in the false celling and link towards the walkway where I did not want to hack. Not sure how they are going to do the reconnections.. :unsure:

Kitchen hack down, except for the wall tiles where we intend to plaster them over to save cost.

kitcheng.jpg

Toilet is next, except for the front wall, where workers intend to hack through to connect to service balcony. To be done tomorrow.

sidetoiletforum.jpg

Master toilet. The real pain comes from these ugly piping :( after we dismantle the cabinet originally conceal them. The original design will going to be different and likely it is going to be hard to blend our shower head with the overhead carpentry. I will discuss with ID to seek for solution...

mastertoiletforum.jpg

Edited by SW80

More photos. Partition and kitchen wall hacked off. Left the service balcony pending to hack. Permit still not approved yet. Strange.. :(

beforeandafter.jpg

Now the area looks much spacious. This will be our ideal see through kitchen and connecting the kitchen with service balcony as one.

There are still some debris to clear off, will need the third day to tidy up. Hope service balcony permit can approved.

Hack the common toilet through the service balcony (in front)

toilethackthrough.jpg

To facilitate easier house cleaning in the future.

your progress looks good...alot of debris to clear...have you try calling HDB yourself to push for it?

Edited by preciousjam

your progress looks good...alot of debris to clear...have you try calling HDB yourself to push for it?

Just got an update from ID. This particular wall that we want to hack is actually a reinforce concrete, consider a criteria structure and requires some professional engineer's review and endorsement before hacking.

That will comes with an additional $214 bucks for that endorsement... :o

balconyforum.jpg

We decide to make to do without hacking it by improvise to built some L-shape wall to conceal the pipings.

Plastering work will start today. All the tiles have arrived and most likely by end of next week I can show more photos on the finishing work.. :)

tilingworkforum.jpg

Some photos to share with all, tile laying, day4

Sealed up the kitchen entrance and common toilet entrance facing the room to create a passage way. For us to put up photographs in the future. :P

wallsealedforum.jpg

Master toilet, floor tile still not completed yet.

mastertoiletforum.jpg

Master toilet side window hacked. We really find the toilet too dark therefore we decide to hack it bigger for more lights.

mastertoiletwindowforum.jpg

Our red common toilet, floor tiles not done yet.

commontoiletforum.jpg

Some small details on the water piping. I can say the tilers are really neat for getting the cutting and dimensions right.. :good:

commontoiletpipe.jpg

Kitchen piping from the sink to the drainage line.

kitchenpipe.jpg

Edited by SW80