Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi everyone, very new to renovation can any one share their quotation so that i got a few of e price and what are the things available in the markeT? pls send the quotation to xuanxuan26@gmail.com . thank you all very much!

Edited by skysky

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

from what i read here, ah keong is a carpenter? and if he is, does anyone has his HP no or what is his shop name again? Thanks :P

Hi people,

Our renovation is way completed and we have just moved in (officially) after our AD on 16 May 2009. On and off, I have shared some pictures of my renovation and also some little comments here and there on some threads, but I thought I should officially start one here just to share my thoughts and experience.

We chanced upon Ho Bee from the Reno forum when we were shopping for IDs last year. Even though we already have a handful of short-listed IDs, we still gave Ho Bee a chance to quote. Some how, our gut feel says we should go ahead with Ho Bee even thou they were not exactly the CHEAPEST. However, comparing them to the 'so call' IDs, Ho Bee's charges came upon as really reasonable.

On the first meeting at our new pad, we merely enquired about the possibility of taking a Reno loan. He was so honest to tell us that most contractors and IDs will be happy if their customers do, as they are given a commission for every approved loan. Wow, how honest can a person be to share this with you?

After going thru our entire renovation process, I have learnt that there can never be a 100% SATISFIED renovation but Ho Bee came in pretty close to that line. Thru this Reno, I have seen how some house owners who will pick on little bumps or lines even thou they were concealed within the cabinets/corners or they require the use of a magnifying glass to really see them. I feel we are only making life difficult for ourselves as even the most beautiful women on earth may have a little imperfection which is not that visible.

If given a chance, we will definitely engaged Ho Bee's service again. This is because Patrick was really a patience, honest and reliable man. During the cause of renovation, never did he once ask for payment. Nor did he ever say 'No' to something which we requested to be amended or fine tune. As he is heading a team of workers, surely there will be jobs done not according to specs (which is rare still) or not up to satisfaction. One call to him, he will arrange for meet up to rectify them. We knew he may come across has rigid when comes to pricing but it is with no doubts that the quality of his work are quite good. We believed in give and take for every situation. However rigid he was in pricing, a couple of our 'wish-list' was answered by him too.

So for those who are looking for a contractor, please do not hesitate to give Ho Bee a try. Go with your gut feel. You will know if he is the right guy to do your job or not when you meet him.

Talking of which, Long Ger (龙哥) is the carpenter whom assisted us from Patrick's company. Thou he may not be very vocal; he is also a very nice and reliable man. Another of their assistant whom we were happy with was Xiao Long (小龙). He is obliging, smart and really helpful. Most importantly, what ever task he agreed to do for you were always fulfilled on time.

The rule of his business is to best email him (his wife actually, is helping him with all the admin & logistic work) @ queksurf@pacific.net.sg or mikiquek@singnet.com.sg with your floor plan and work required. If there is still no respond within 2 days, you may call him at Hp 96792934. NOTE: Ho Bee Renovation is a contractor, not ID. Please do not expect him to give you 3D drawings or proposal. If you already know what you want, please enclose pictures for him to see or when you meet him on site. His carpenter Long Ger (龙哥) can free-hand draw the item to you prior to starting work.

All the best folks and enjoy your Reno process...

so does this long ger only work for patrick or has his own shop?. I am looking for a skillful carpenter or craftsman. How is his work in your opinion. Thanks :D

Hi people,

Our renovation is way completed and we have just moved in (officially) after our AD on 16 May 2009. On and off, I have shared some pictures of my renovation and also some little comments here and there on some threads, but I thought I should officially start one here just to share my thoughts and experience.

We chanced upon Ho Bee from the Reno forum when we were shopping for IDs last year. Even though we already have a handful of short-listed IDs, we still gave Ho Bee a chance to quote. Some how, our gut feel says we should go ahead with Ho Bee even thou they were not exactly the CHEAPEST. However, comparing them to the 'so call' IDs, Ho Bee's charges came upon as really reasonable.

On the first meeting at our new pad, we merely enquired about the possibility of taking a Reno loan. He was so honest to tell us that most contractors and IDs will be happy if their customers do, as they are given a commission for every approved loan. Wow, how honest can a person be to share this with you?

After going thru our entire renovation process, I have learnt that there can never be a 100% SATISFIED renovation but Ho Bee came in pretty close to that line. Thru this Reno, I have seen how some house owners who will pick on little bumps or lines even thou they were concealed within the cabinets/corners or they require the use of a magnifying glass to really see them. I feel we are only making life difficult for ourselves as even the most beautiful women on earth may have a little imperfection which is not that visible.

If given a chance, we will definitely engaged Ho Bee's service again. This is because Patrick was really a patience, honest and reliable man. During the cause of renovation, never did he once ask for payment. Nor did he ever say 'No' to something which we requested to be amended or fine tune. As he is heading a team of workers, surely there will be jobs done not according to specs (which is rare still) or not up to satisfaction. One call to him, he will arrange for meet up to rectify them. We knew he may come across has rigid when comes to pricing but it is with no doubts that the quality of his work are quite good. We believed in give and take for every situation. However rigid he was in pricing, a couple of our 'wish-list' was answered by him too.

So for those who are looking for a contractor, please do not hesitate to give Ho Bee a try. Go with your gut feel. You will know if he is the right guy to do your job or not when you meet him.

Talking of which, Long Ger (龙哥) is the carpenter whom assisted us from Patrick's company. Thou he may not be very vocal; he is also a very nice and reliable man. Another of their assistant whom we were happy with was Xiao Long (小龙). He is obliging, smart and really helpful. Most importantly, what ever task he agreed to do for you were always fulfilled on time.

The rule of his business is to best email him (his wife actually, is helping him with all the admin & logistic work) @ queksurf@pacific.net.sg or mikiquek@singnet.com.sg with your floor plan and work required. If there is still no respond within 2 days, you may call him at Hp 96792934. NOTE: Ho Bee Renovation is a contractor, not ID. Please do not expect him to give you 3D drawings or proposal. If you already know what you want, please enclose pictures for him to see or when you meet him on site. His carpenter Long Ger (龙哥) can free-hand draw the item to you prior to starting work.

All the best folks and enjoy your Reno process...

I believed he works for Ho Bee. We are very happy with his workmanship for our TV features and Bomb Shelter. The kitchen one is 99.9% as there were some flaws within the cabinet. That I cannot penalise him as we made some changes along the way. He is a nice chap. Slower to react maybe because he takes time to analysis the problem. Patrick is a lot quicker when coming to trouble shooting. On the hold, I will still give the carpenter a thumbs up.

Hi..

Can anyone advise whether is $250 per-foot run wardrobe c/w white interior considered ex?? 3-tier

tks!

Hi..

Can anyone advise whether is $250 per-foot run wardrobe c/w white interior considered ex?? 3-tier

tks!

Sounds expensive to me. I thought the usual pricing was $200 pfr. Are you doing some special design?

As for white interior, isn't it a default option?

hi i need to check if you guys........

if i enage ho bee..... does it mean that i must design the house myself?

meaning i tell him what i want and he do only?

Hi ilmare612, thanks for sharing your experience on Hobee.

Would it be convenient to PM me your final quote from Hobee? We are doing minor reno and I just received his first quote. His carpentry and tempered glass works can kill. :(

I plan to meet him for a first round of price negotiation soon.

Hi people,

Hi..

tks!

Sounds ex leh. Wardrobe with doors are in the region of $200 pfr. I did mine without doors at $160 pfr.

Hi ilmare612, thanks for sharing your experience on Hobee.

Would it be convenient to PM me your final quote from Hobee? We are doing minor reno and I just received his first quote. His carpentry and tempered glass works can kill. :(

I plan to meet him for a first round of price negotiation soon.

Hi, it may not be a good idea to compare final quote as the contents of our work may differ. Why dun you post here what you think it's expensive and how much he quoted you and I am sure some forummers, besides myself, can give you some feedback. Please read the whole thread for Ho Bee if you have the time. Patrick is not a person that tango very much with his pricing. He is a very principled person and believed in giving his best quote to his customers. Should you wish to cut down on your budget, I will suggest you cut on your work required or choose alternate cheaper materials.

hi i need to check if you guys........

if i enage ho bee..... does it mean that i must design the house myself?

meaning i tell him what i want and he do only?

Sort of but you don't really have to design design. Just bring him some pictures will be better. If not, you can try describing what you want from him and he will do. Like I mentioned, please do not expect 3D Drawings. I show you some examples...

1. I descriped to him and his carpenter what I want.

2. He goes back to draw this for me.

picture1ckz.jpg

3. I added some details and the choice of laminates and kitchen fittings I want and send this back to his carpenter before they start work.

picture2n.jpg

This will minimise miscommunication and also allow you to visualise how the outcome should be.

everytime i see your kitchen i drool all over again =p

hahaha stormcontrol. thank you so much but my kitchen is miserably small. It gave us the most headache in the planning stage. Imagine a small box with water and gas pipes OPPOSITE each other. A wide window on another end and plenty of LARGE ugly pipes exposing. We went through several sleepless night trying to:-

1. Fit everything in (including the cooker, washer, fridge, dryer, etc)

2. Conceal ugly pipings

3. Ensure the water and gas point are not opposite each other

In the end, we still have some space for a breakfast Bar Top. hehehehe.

041b.jpg

Glad that it's all over now but there are some areas which I thought I could do better still :P

Hey, your place is in the midst right? You can still create a drooling nice kitchen mah :)