Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
newnyew

<<<讨厌小姐的new家@fernvale>>>

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

lol, still volcano cake, ron?

Btw it just struck me leh, first is your flour normal flour, cake flour, all purpose or self-raising flour? And you use any baking powder also? Sometimes those factors can cause cakes to rise than normal.

The ottoman is common, comes in different colours at chatuchak market but... dat market is situated in a very hot area and way too big compared to the maze in the heeren here.

newnyew, many years back when i was young. I went to this children's home one time as part of class volunteering. We helpers were at the mercy of the screaming and running children. Got one little girl who was all high and mighty refusing to come down from a playground slide & would scream whenever we attempt to come up and get her. Wasted almost an hour coaxing her to come down & ta da, the home supervisor just only simply had to come out and the little girl came down straight away. So nowdays kids are more smarter than we adults bargained for.

Edited by BunBun

of cos not la! told u liao me no wan to have kids :P

Yah, mi rem. :) Just tink tat u'll b a lots-of-patience-mom if u have. :P So how was yest? Any funny news to share? Wat art do u teach them?

How's the 3Ds coming along?

I've finished baking the cheesecake and its cooling down at the moment. Can't confirm the taste of the cheesecake yet as will only taste it tomorrow. Photos will be up later after the cheesecake is done cooling down.

Just a few points to add on to your cheesecake recipe which was not properly specified, newnyew :) Hope you don't mind.

1. The cheese, eggs have to be at room temperature as Room temperature cheese beat easier than stiff cold cheese and incorporates air during the creaming proecess while the room temperature egg whites whip better than non-room temperature. (To bring cheese to room temperature, its 4 hours, for eggs its 1 hour if they have been stored in the fridge)

2. If using electric mixer, scrape down the sides of the bowl one or two times for the ingredients to be evenly mixed for every addition of the ingredients.

3. After baking in the water bath, the cheesecake has to remain in the oven with either the door slightly open ajar or fully open for an hour to cool down before transfering to the countertop to cool and refrigerate.

4. The lemon zest and lemon juice. It was not specified in teaspoon/tablespoon measurement either. So not sure if it's 1 whole lemon zest and lemon juice extracted from 1 whole lemon? I erm went ahead with the lemon zest and lemon juice extracted from 1 whole lemon though.

5. The water for the water bath must be hot or warm water before putting in the oven together with the cheesecake to bake

PS: I used whip topping cream as a temporary substitute for the whipping cream cos I don't have any whipping cream on hand and the nearest supermarket do not have any. Had 1 carton of whip topping cream from phoon huat though. I also switched the full cream cheese with light low fat cream cheese as well. Will post photo of the cream cheese later. (I'm not too fond of putting on weight myself kekeke. :P) I also tested the baking time at 45 min to see how the cheesecake is done. It was done properly at baking time of 1 hour, lesser than 75 min slightly.

Edited by BunBun

Wao BunBun, very good tips! I've nvr known that the water bath gota use warm/hot water. Hehe, maybe u can start a baking class also to show us how it's done. :P

I took pics of the cake in the waterbath. Show you later so stick around a bit more okay? :) I'm not really a pro leh, I tell you this : this is my 5th or 6th cheesecake I've done and I have no luck with cheesecakes compared to sponge cakes and rich, moist cakes. The first few cheesecakes I did before were non-bake cheesecakes but texture wise, its not firm and goes soft very fast. The later ones are baked cheesecakes. The last one was so so, left more things to really improve. The cheesecakes part is the only thing I don't grasp very well :(

Btw Newnyew, I took the cheesecake out of its tin, is the cake texture supposed to be soft like somewhere in between the texture of non-baked and baked cheesecakes? Also the biscuit base is too buttery, maybe better if it was baked first before adding cheesecake mixture? :dunno:

Wao BunBun, very good tips! I've nvr known that the water bath gota use warm/hot water. Hehe, maybe u can start a baking class also to show us how it's done. :P
Edited by BunBun

Oreo biscuit base before refrigeration. (Last min alternative to digestive biscuits)

oreobiscuitbasewithbutt.th.jpg

The alternative light low fat philadepia cream cheese. See the words 60% less fat than butter?

kraftphiladephialightcri.th.jpgkraftphiladephialightcr.th.jpg

Cheesecake mixture in the begining before adding the rest of the ingredients? This is how it looks if using room-temperature cheese since its alot easier to beat.

cheesecakemixture200609.th.jpg

Full cheesecake mixture in 6" Pan sitting in a waterbath. (Must wrap outer pan with aluminium before pouring the cheese mixture in. Then put the pan in the tray before pouring hot/warm water into the tray)

cheesecakemixtureinwate.th.jpg

Cake pan still in waterbath baking in the oven

cheesecakeinaluminiumfo.th.jpg

The baked cheesecake result - I had an aluminium foil sheet on top so surface won't burn but it didn't turn brown compared to newnyew's cheesecake result. I wonder why ah?

thebakedcheesecakemixtui.th.jpg

The finished result is not ready yet 'cos i put in the fridge to chill then i add the finishing touches. And I tasted a bit of the cheesecake cos the cake was kinda soft abit like non-baked cheesecake. Doesn't have the dense taste of baked cheesecake but it is VERY lemony probably cos i added 1 whole lemon zest and juice.

Edited by BunBun

so envy that u guys can bake!!! i tried baking before..but..haiz..all cannot make it. i can't even cook!!! maggi mee is the best i can do...someone pls save this hopeless me :bangwall:

Rierie, you can do it if you are willing to experiment.

One year ago, I couldn't even cook even 1 decent dish or bake any edible cakes cos I failed terribly at home economics in school years ago - my cakes weren't qualified to be eaten keke. Now I can safely cook a couple of decent dishes but I am not much of a cook as I don't even cook at home. Baking is really a breeze if you understand the science and maths part including experiments before you get it right. :)

so envy that u guys can bake!!! i tried baking before..but..haiz..all cannot make it. i can't even cook!!! maggi mee is the best i can do...someone pls save this hopeless me :bangwall:

Rierie, you can do it if you are willing to experiment.

One year ago, I couldn't even cook even 1 decent dish or bake any edible cakes cos I failed terribly at home economics in school years ago - my cakes weren't qualified to be eaten keke. Now I can safely cook a couple of decent dishes but I am not much of a cook as I don't even cook at home. Baking is really a breeze if you understand the science and maths part including experiments before you get it right. :)

woah bunbun!! *salute*

htb already made me promise him that i won't enter the kitchen without his approval..guess, if i were to learn how to bake, i would have to do it in the living room le..mm...

Well you can always try to organise a baking session with gal pals or or join a baking workshop? :) easier this way unless your hubby going to help you out with baking instructions? *grins*

woah bunbun!! *salute*

htb already made me promise him that i won't enter the kitchen without his approval..guess, if i were to learn how to bake, i would have to do it in the living room le..mm...

Edited by BunBun

Well you can always try to organise a baking session with gal pals or or join a baking workshop? :) easier this way unless your hubby going to help you out with baking instructions? *grins*

:dancingqueen:

ghahahahaha...time to call my gfs :sport-smiley-018: