Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
koxxic

Any Sembawang Homers?

Thks Bro....btw which blk u leave, or anyone living near by me...would like to made more friends in this neighbourhood.

Welcome to Sembawang! My flat below got minimart. I havent officially become Sembawangers so glad all of u have become Sembawangers. I think I will be the last official Sembwangers.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

wow that amazing.......

hey candyprincess and pooh, will need yr help in familiarize the place.

Kum sia in advance...

btw can intro any reno contractor for me?

i used my frn... is an ID.. heh i think reno sourcing for contractor u cn ask her.. or u cn ask simpleguy... :)

actually most of the places are as what kel highlighted in the map... ive been to all the places he has mentioned except the minimart where simpleguy is going to live as well as the coffee shop at 334... the wet market is quite small... but above the wet market is a super market... its something like Sheng Siong but it's a different name... i went there pretty late after dinner one night at 505... they were more or less going to close...

for buying groceries, i usually go to the NTUC at sun plaza... the ntuc at 355 has pretty limited choices... hee hee... thats abt it for now...

Thks Bro....btw which blk u leave, or anyone living near by me...would like to made more friends in this neighbourhood.

I'm in 359A, moved in 3 weeks ago! Or is it 4 weeks? :unsure:

i used my frn... is an ID.. heh i think reno sourcing for contractor u cn ask her.. or u cn ask simpleguy... :)

actually most of the places are as what kel highlighted in the map... ive been to all the places he has mentioned except the minimart where simpleguy is going to live as well as the coffee shop at 334... the wet market is quite small... but above the wet market is a super market... its something like Sheng Siong but it's a different name... i went there pretty late after dinner one night at 505... they were more or less going to close...

for buying groceries, i usually go to the NTUC at sun plaza... the ntuc at 355 has pretty limited choices... hee hee... thats abt it for now...

Ya 505 got nice food. The Western food not bad and considered cheap.

The mini-mart is cramp like anything, but sells quite a bit of things coz they really fully utilise the place. The price are quite good too so a lot of people shop there. Only 1 counter accept nets for $30 and above purchase, else is cash. The price use to be even better but went up a bit, but many items still cheaper than elsewhere. Not a bad place (except the cramp-ness).

The coffee shop at blk 334A sells mixed veg rice, zhi cha, western, fried kwey tiao, fishball noodles, chicken/char siew rice, prawn noodles and indian food. Plus bao and chee cheong fan at the drinks stall area. Hope I covered all. Haha...food wise so so lah, and the malay stall close down liao, that one actually quite nice leh.

The wet market when my mum went (she stayed at my sis place in sembawang during her confinement), she gave up and take bus to chong pang wet market or her place downstairs wet market instead. Say small and lousy, which explain why NTUC at Sun Plaza always super long queue! Think people might as well buy from NTUC than to make their way to the corner of Sembawang.

Ya 505 got nice food. The Western food not bad and considered cheap.

But a bit far from our place right, heard the one at 406 also not bad. The 505 western food also sells nasi lemak (western style!) and wu xiang. Strange but logical combination since a lot of fried stuff. Haha...

The mini-mart is cramp like anything, but sells quite a bit of things coz they really fully utilise the place. The price are quite good too so a lot of people shop there. Only 1 counter accept nets for $30 and above purchase, else is cash. The price use to be even better but went up a bit, but many items still cheaper than elsewhere. Not a bad place (except the cramp-ness).

The coffee shop at blk 334A sells mixed veg rice, zhi cha, western, fried kwey tiao, fishball noodles, chicken/char siew rice, prawn noodles and indian food. Plus bao and chee cheong fan at the drinks stall area. Hope I covered all. Haha...food wise so so lah, and the malay stall close down liao, that one actually quite nice leh.

The wet market when my mum went (she stayed at my sis place in sembawang during her confinement), she gave up and take bus to chong pang wet market or her place downstairs wet market instead. Say small and lousy, which explain why NTUC at Sun Plaza always super long queue! Think people might as well buy from NTUC than to make their way to the corner of Sembawang.

But a bit far from our place right, heard the one at 406 also not bad. The 505 western food also sells nasi lemak (western style!) and wu xiang. Strange but logical combination since a lot of fried stuff. Haha...

correction, nets is $10 minimum =)

It's called QC supermarket, i think their stocks are from malaysia. Sometimes wont have the famous brands that we get in NTUC.

the wet market is really pretty small, think the only value added service from sembawang mart is that they have a shuttle bus to send u back to your doorsteps

yea. the 505's western food really not bad, small portion though. the carrot cake too, in black.

It's called QC supermarket, i think their stocks are from malaysia. Sometimes wont have the famous brands that we get in NTUC.

the wet market is really pretty small, think the only value added service from sembawang mart is that they have a shuttle bus to send u back to your doorsteps

yea. the 505's western food really not bad, small portion though. the carrot cake too, in black.

My bad....I thought I saw $30 written somewhere. :D

hey folks

Is that area i am going to live dusty? i lived on the 14th floor.

You are facing where? Facing Admiralty Drive or the basketball court? If facing the road I understand it will be dusty, if facing the basketball court not so bad.

facing the small road, can see the primary school.

Someone did mentioned that certain months of the year due to the direction of the wind, the dust from the sembawang shipyard will blow over. When I was choosing house one of the upstairs neighbour who saw us looking around the area invited us to their house to take a look, and he too told us about this problem that his neighbour facing the school got the same problem too but he doesn't (he is facing inside).

ooo then i mus check out the minimart.... hmmm... yeh i was thinking of exploring chong pang but havent had that opportunity yet.. hmmm was wondering.. how come the kopitiam at sun plaza doesnt sell malay food? so weird... 505 nt reli far ba... jus walk diagonally??? hmmm.. at night tk slow walk over & slow walk back lor... hee hee

ooo have shuttle bus? tk frm where??? and will reli drop us at our blk porch???

Someone did mentioned that certain months of the year due to the direction of the wind, the dust from the sembawang shipyard will blow over. When I was choosing house one of the upstairs neighbour who saw us looking around the area invited us to their house to take a look, and he too told us about this problem that his neighbour facing the school got the same problem too but he doesn't (he is facing inside).

yeh oct - mar the wind blows de black dust frm the 38wang shipyard here... actually the next few mths shldnt be that bad... thats wad my neighbour says bah... hmmm quite true also... maybe also becos of the heat past few days... my home doesnt seem that gloomily black... hee hee...

ooo then i mus check out the minimart.... hmmm... yeh i was thinking of exploring chong pang but havent had that opportunity yet.. hmmm was wondering.. how come the kopitiam at sun plaza doesnt sell malay food? so weird... 505 nt reli far ba... jus walk diagonally??? hmmm.. at night tk slow walk over & slow walk back lor... hee hee

ooo have shuttle bus? tk frm where??? and will reli drop us at our blk porch???

yeh oct - mar the wind blows de black dust frm the 38wang shipyard here... actually the next few mths shldnt be that bad... thats wad my neighbour says bah... hmmm quite true also... maybe also becos of the heat past few days... my home doesnt seem that gloomily black... hee hee...

Yeah, should check out chong pang, for those not driving, can take 859 from our house downstair's bus-stop and it wills top at chong pang. Got lots of things there, and big wet market. :good:

Walk to 505 and back ah...wait all the food digested liao :dancingqueen: Hmm...u brought up a good point, how come Sun Plaza food court no malay food, considering the fact that Sembawang has quite a big Malay community. The 334A coffee shop malay food also close liao. I like to eat malay food actually, heehee...heard from my wife there is a malay snack/food shop open at somewhere near the MRT, cannot remember exactly where.

Yeah, should check out chong pang, for those not driving, can take 859 from our house downstair's bus-stop and it wills top at chong pang. Got lots of things there, and big wet market. :good:

Walk to 505 and back ah...wait all the food digested liao :dancingqueen: Hmm...u brought up a good point, how come Sun Plaza food court no malay food, considering the fact that Sembawang has quite a big Malay community. The 334A coffee shop malay food also close liao. I like to eat malay food actually, heehee...heard from my wife there is a malay snack/food shop open at somewhere near the MRT, cannot remember exactly where.

yeh im a fan of malay food too.... ! hmmm yeh jus nw i went to the mrt there's a new snack shop... selling malay food, sweet talk drinks & some chinese nasi lemak and noodles stuff.. didnt really tk a good look... seems to be quite crowded... pple Q-ing.. hahaha

Aiya there's a malay stall at the MRT station. Also Cavaran in Sun Plaza also offer halal food therefore it is another venue where Malay can dine in.