Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
seashell

Opennet Cable Installation

nobody can give any advice?? :( :(

From my own personal experience, my house under renovation now, you can ask the existing owner to install the fibre box at a location far far away, utilising the free 15m length of fibre cable.

As the previous installed box was obstructing our renovation, I was given greenlight to remove the box, and our electrician re-route the fibre cable, which is long enough, inside the false ceiling.

Then, on my appointment date (I booked in late Nov'10 and my appointment is on 24-Jan!!), OpenNet will come to connect the Terminal Box for me.

One good forumer "RimBlock' had given me constructive feedback, guidelines and ideas on installation. You can visit my post.....I don't know how to explain further.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

my house was originally scheduled for Aug 2010...however due to some delays on their end, i just got their letter last week...and i booked my appointment in Feb 2011...

since my renovation is already completed, i asked my contractor to prepare a conduit during the renovation so that the fiber can enter the house when the time comes

With this open net, other than more expensive internet connection, what other services are available? Does it come with TV programs?

hahaha i dont think so.. more exp internet for higher speed.. LOL

More details on OpenNet first-time booking

For flats that have not been home-reached, OpenNet will mail owners a User ID and Password to register for the free first-time installation. Arrangement of schedule can either be done by:

(1) calling them at 6563 4273

(2) using the supplied self-addressed biz reply envelope

(3) online

I have applied for my installation of my parents' place via online. The steps are as follows:

1. Go to https://public.opennet.com.sg/abs-web/login and you will see the prompt below:

Step0.png

Log onto the system using the supplied User ID and Password. Click Login.

2. Upon successful login, you will see the below:

Step1.png

Fill in ALL the required details. Important: enter your HP number so that a Verification Code will be SMSed to you shortly. Click Confirm Details once complete.

3. Enter the Verification Code as received. Take note their SMS server may take a longer time to send to you. Enter the Verification Code and click Validate My Code.

Step2.png

4. You will be presented with the next screen to choose your schedule. The list of available timing will be shown to you. The system is based on first-come-first-served. Schedules that is available is shown. Everyday there will be 4 timeslots for OpenNet subcontractors to do installation. Example, on 12 March 2011 there are only 3 timeslots, meaning the 9am ~ 11am is booked by someone else. Click on your preferred date and time.

Step3.png

I choose 19 March 2011 9am ~ 11am. Click Book Appointment to confirm or Cancel to select another timing.

Step4.png

5. Once done, you will be receiving an acknowledgment reply and a confirmation email (email address that you specify earlier) indicating your address and schedule.

Step5.png

You may print out the confirmation for reference. Then just wait for the actual day before they do installation. On that day of installation, OpenNet subcon will contact you again. :D

For more info on installation, refer to their attached booklet in the mail.

Edited by neubie

5. Once done, you will be receiving an acknowledgment reply and a confirmation email (email address that you specify earlier) indicating your address and schedule.

Step5.png

You may print out the confirmation for reference. Then just wait for the actual day before they do installation. On that day of installation, OpenNet subcon will contact you again. :D

For more info on installation, refer to their attached booklet in the mail.

that's for units that misses the 1st round of free installation? not for areas that OpenNet have not reached yet right?

that's for units that misses the 1st round of free installation? not for areas that OpenNet have not reached yet right?

this is for first-timers only. for those who missed it, call their hotline and make appointment.

I choose 19 March 2011 9am ~ 11am. Click Book Appointment to confirm or Cancel to select another timing.

Step4.png

I also book the same time slot and date as you.

Notice your acknowledgment reply

Seem like your appointment is 12 March 11-1pm slot

I also book the same time slot and date as you.

Notice your acknowledgment reply

Seem like your appointment is 12 March 11-1pm slot

haaaa, no surprises here, since they have many teams of subcon doing installation in many estates.

If my block not ready yet? can i ask for installation of the cables before my renovation starts?

You can't change the installation dates for the free one.

If you want a different date, it costs about $240.

If you already have keys and they are coming to install, just make sure you already planned your trunking. Best if you already have your contractor, ask ur contractor to help with advice from electrician.

I did my reno with the fibre trunking planned. Include a small pipe trunking with wire inside so that they can just pull it over when installing. Very fast installation.

Hi

Any one can recommand good electrican who is able to do opennet CAT 6. I still have some leftover job example powerpoint, svc and lighting switches need to be fix. As my electrican have done half way thru and can't be contacted as he is very busy with his big project. Kindly contact me at strldy29@yahoo.com asap.

Thank you

Edited by starlady29

Hmm... Sound familiar... Mind sharing who is ur electrician?

Hi

Any one can recommand good electrican who is able to do opennet CAT 6. I still have some leftover job example powerpoint, svc and lighting switches need to be fix. As my electrican have done half way thru and can't be contacted as he is very busy with his big project. Kindly contact me at strldy29@yahoo.com asap.

Thank you