Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hey did you all get the offer/option from AIG to extend the fire insurance to cover the belongings? And did you go for it? (Mine is $325 for 5 years, up to $330k combined coverage) I'm wondering if it's a good deal.

HIHI all neighbours.. 8|

1. Are window grills a MUST? Just that we are not restricted by the design?

2. My gate's handle is rusty. Where should i go to (HDB?) for it to be changed? And will it be free? And after the change, will the keys to my gate (where the handle is) remain the same?

Sorry if any of these have already been asked, but there's just too many pages to backtrack even when i tried using search :notti:

Hi Ennvoy,

Window grills are optional.

For the handle, I believe reporting to the service centre will do. Dunno about the keys though.

Btw, can anyone tell me if I can spray-paint the HDB window grills (the one at the bottom) as well as the window frame and handle? Really dislike the color but changing the windows is going to cost a lot. Haiz.

Also, can we have electrical outlets in the bathroom? :dunno:

And last, can we drill in the bomb shelter? (For putting up shelves etc.) Or only standing shelves allowed?

For the bathroom, can anyone share with me their shower enclosure dimension after overlaying tiles? Mine is a 90 sq m, 4 room flat.

Thanks in advance!

Hi tension_z,

can check with you, where's the location of the clock kiosk in suntec?

kum sia.

hi redcrystal,

I was just at the shop few minutes ago.

it's a cart opposite the golfing shop on the 2nd for, near to world of sports also.

the clocks are quite designer style, made in Korea. Prices from $29.90 to $59.90

Meepok

Hey did you all get the offer/option from AIG to extend the fire insurance to cover the belongings? And did you go for it? (Mine is $325 for 5 years, up to $330k combined coverage) I'm wondering if it's a good deal.

I just signed up with them this afternoon. Didn't really check around also. I signed up for the 1 yr plan only at $70+.... Got free slow cooker also.

Meepok

Edited by meepok

HIHI all neighbours.. :notti:

1. Are window grills a MUST? Just that we are not restricted by the design?

2. My gate's handle is rusty. Where should i go to (HDB?) for it to be changed? And will it be free? And after the change, will the keys to my gate (where the handle is) remain the same?

Sorry if any of these have already been asked, but there's just too many pages to backtrack even when i tried using search :notti:

hi ennovy,

1) NO... window grille are not a MUST.

2) U may like to check with the service center below at Blk 79C.

Hi Ennvoy,

Window grills are optional.

For the handle, I believe reporting to the service centre will do. Dunno about the keys though.

Btw, can anyone tell me if I can spray-paint the HDB window grills (the one at the bottom) as well as the window frame and handle? Really dislike the color but changing the windows is going to cost a lot. Haiz.

Also, can we have electrical outlets in the bathroom? !!

And last, can we drill in the bomb shelter? (For putting up shelves etc.) Or only standing shelves allowed?

For the bathroom, can anyone share with me their shower enclosure dimension after overlaying tiles? Mine is a 90 sq m, 4 room flat.

Thanks in advance!

Nothing said abt spraying the grills .. so i assume can.. BUT.. dun think it will be lasting...

Can have electrical outlet in bathroom.. just call ur electrician to install the point.

No drilling in bomb shelter.. can only buy standing shelves...

Meepok

I just signed up with them this afternoon. Didn't really check around also. I signed up for the 1 yr plan only at $70+.... Got free slow cooker also.

Meepok

hi meepok,

where did u findthem?? i want the slow cooker also.. hahaha now very "gian bng"

hehehe :dunno:8|

hi redcrystal,

I was just at the shop few minutes ago.

it's a cart opposite the golfing shop on the 2nd for, near to world of sports also.

the clocks are quite designer style, made in Korea. Prices from $29.90 to $59.90

Meepok

meepok, thanks for the info.

did u get any?

they currently have a promotion at united square.. plastic cutting board + slicer + 2 knife for $259 i think..

i like their blade... white in color de.. 8|

meowie,

kum sia, kum sia.

By the way, did anyone do ventilation fans on your washrooms?

Can share the pictures? Is it also true that if we were to change the window

panes, we have to use back those wired window panes? :dunno:

Hi Yeoman,

installed venti fan in my toilet.

just checked, window pane don't have wired leh.

mine got permit one hor.

:notti:

Edited by REDCRYSTAL

Hi,

I am changing the blum hinges by myself..cost of blum hinges plus soft closing is ard $4. If you call up blum at Ubi, they will direct you to their authorised seller which is @ Upper Bukit Timah Road. If you intend to chg your drawers that has already been installed to blum runners, then you can't changed it. Unless you changed the whole drawer set.. !!

If you are willing to spend more, they have another soft closing hinges Hafele which is more EX and better than blum, ard $6...Just a soft touch and the door will closed by itself..

Hi porkypig,

The blum hinges is so cheap? I heard that it cost $20 plus over..hmm... can you pm me the contact?

Not sure if this will be of any help. You can remove the bottom grill quite easily.

erm, are we allowed to remove the bottom grills? if can, I want to do so and put it back next time !!

err, can paste the link on the step-by-step removal of the bottom grills?

need any tools?

so meepok, did u buy any clock in the end? I was thinking of the $29.90 one, quite nice. the $59.90 metal one quite normal.

toppie, nice talking to u just now.

red crystal, can u Pm me ur contact again? (for the carton collection)

thanks thanks.

cocobibi, how much is ur turbo cooker and hob?

so meepok, did u buy any clock in the end? I was thinking of the $29.90 one, quite nice. the $59.90 metal one quite normal.

Hi Tension & Redcrystal,

Didn't get any... but the guy and lady there quite friendly and helpful... some of the designs comparable to Molecule's... like a budget "cheong" version of their designer clocks.... for the $29.90 clocks the surface design are digitally colour printed on vinyl paper... but it's waterproof no worries.

I actually intend to DIY something similar to the $29.90 clocks... even bought the clock mechanism and materials from Art Friend! The material cost is almost $19 already... might as well buy the ready-made ones!

I have another DIY clock design 'stolen' from Molecule, but need some carpentry work for that... so KIV for the moment... cos they're selling the clock for almost $700!!!! How to buy??

May drop by again another day when I have a clearer idea of what kind of design I want... they guy mentioned the designs will be updated constantly... so most of the designs are one or two-off items.

meepok

hi meepok,

where did u findthem?? i want the slow cooker also.. hahaha now very "gian bng"

hehehe !! :deal:

Hi Meowie,

The insurance co. is AIG... we signed the fire protection plan when we collected our keys from HDB the last time. So I guess they have our records bah, that's why they sent me this plan for the reno & contents insurance coverage.

There are a few options, can pay lump sum for 5yrs coverage, get abit discount... or installment plan with DBS/POSB for 5yrs... or one-time annual plan of $70+ via Giro payment. Plus a free slow cooker...which I suspect is of the "chap-pa-lang" brand type.

I chose the last option, although the lady told me if I signed for the 5yr lump sum plan, I won't be affected by any GST increase within these 5 years.

meepok

Edited by meepok

err, can paste the link on the step-by-step removal of the bottom grills?

need any tools?

toppie, nice talking to u just now.

red crystal, can u Pm me ur contact again? (for the carton collection)

thanks thanks.

cocobibi, how much is ur turbo cooker and hob?

i got the turbo hob and hood at $820-$850. Cannot remember exactly as I don't have the invoice with me now. Anyway it is cheaper than the pricing listed on the price list from happiness (the company name) !!

meepok, thanks for the info.

did u get any?

meowie,

kum sia, kum sia.

Hi Yeoman,

installed venti fan in my toilet.

just checked, window pane don't have wired leh.

mine got permit one hor.

!!

can i have ur contact for the venti fan?

does it include changing of window to 1 piece

push out kind? any pics to share??

I'm very keen to have it done but dun wana make

it like kopi tiam ventilation. wats the damage too?

many thanks~~

!!

Hi Meowie,

The insurance co. is AIG... we signed the fire protection plan when we collected our keys from HDB the last time. So I guess they have our records bah, that's why they sent me this plan for the reno & contents insurance coverage.

There are a few options, can pay lump sum for 5yrs coverage, get abit discount... or installment plan with DBS/POSB for 5yrs... or one-time annual plan of $70+ via Giro payment. Plus a free slow cooker...which I suspect is of the "chap-pa-lang" brand type.

I chose the last option, although the lady told me if I signed for the 5yr lump sum plan, I won't be affected by any GST increase within these 5 years.

meepok

ohh.. hhaha i think i got some mail.. n threw it away le... ahhahahah !! !!

Hi hana,

my hollow tiles are being replaced, hence if u want to hear hollow tiles, not much, but a word of caution for replacing tiles, my tiler didnt do a good job, now replaced tiles are rather uneven.

u can come and see uneven tiles on thurs if u want before they rectify.(That is if they rectify).

=) cheers

Hi Tension,

Sure, I'll be there from aftnoon onwards so will go take a look. Wat's a good time for u? Care to PM me ur contact? Tks : )

Hi porkypig,

The blum hinges is so cheap? I heard that it cost $20 plus over..hmm... can you pm me the contact?

erm, are we allowed to remove the bottom grills? if can, I want to do so and put it back next time :horse:

PM you liao..

Hi hana79,

I brought it at South bridge road 46 Carpentry street. I only saw this 2 design at the shop yesterday. You can call christine to check before popping by.

Babymaro2003 :dancingqueen:

Hi Babymaro,

Tks for add, will check it out.

Meowie - same tots, huh? :horse:

Wat Jacky777 suggested is good esp for those who hv yet to do their wardrobes & hv such need.

After my wardrobe oredi been designed, HB saw similarly at Ikea so I asked my carpenter who agreed to compartmentalise one drawer so tat HB can put his ties/novelties. Fella said he will bring the compartments tis week..